No announcement yet.

From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QM: Correct! Aspirants are normal humans before any implants that have passed the Aspirant Trials and have been chosen to become Space Marines.
    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
    "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

QM: The update is nearly done. Going to post it either tomorrow or Monday. I would like to have clarification from others if the Khryses plan for production and for the Gene-seed is good?

-1x Mk-VIII ‘Errant’ Power Armor 10BP
      -1x Land Speeder Tornado 40BP
      =50BP/50BP

24 Gene-seed to be implanted into test-slaves. 24 Gene-seed can be then harvested in 5 years and 24 more in 10 years.

Comment

Does that mean that in ten years we only get 24 gene seed or is it 48 gene seed?

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

QM: You use your current stock of 24 Gene-seed now, get 24 Gene-seed back after 5 years and 24 Gene-seed more in 10 years. Basically in 10 years you have doubled the number of Gene-seed you implanted into test-slaves.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Can we use this method to raise more Scouts? I saw at least two Characters that I would consider for a new 10th Scout Company, Valien Grafft (Captain) and Martin Fulk (Sergeant), We can mount the Scouts on Bikes and maybe a Storm. Pruitt

Comment

++Date:943.M41++
              Aboard Strike Cruiser Magnificent
              In unknown system
              Turn 1 Part 2

Decisions:
              -Start heavy Augur and Librarium scans and don’t approach any closer

Extended Augur Scans Roll: 34
              Librarium Farseeing Roll: 87

There was a smell of ozone and iron in Inner Sanctum of the Librarium as Epistolaries, Codiciers and Lexicanums all stood in a circle in the middle of the room. Eyes closed, elbows on their sides, all nine Astartes, all in various phases of their training and experience, but all so potent, extended their palms towards the centre of the room.

“Take it easy, we are doing this together. There is no need for us to hurry, the ship isn’t going anywhere.” Chief Librarian Gotch started to explain. In his mind this was a perfect training opportunity for Codiciers and Lexicanums. Taking this slowly would help to keep everything in control to prevent perils of warp.

“Allow your mind to linger like a calm sea. Let it be tranquil and steady.” He allowed everyone to take a moment to reach his level of calmness before continuing. “Now open your mind and let the gates be unbarred, release your psychic might.”

The Astropaths and Navigators of the fleet suddenly felt a shiver as powers of nine Astartes psykers suddenly flared. As individuals it wouldn’t be that noticeable, but as a group it was different.

“Good, good. Now imagine the ship, imagine what we are looking for, search for everything. Extend yourself slowly towards it.” Gotch said as he could feel the effort and attempts to do this from others. Potern and Gracchus easily accomplished that, but others still had a lot to learn. But it was enough, they had the psychic grip on the cargo ship be it blunt and not precise compared to when he does it. “I will take the control now, be prepared and continue doing what you are doing now.”

And with that Gotch eyes opened up and turned bright white. The combined powers from the eight other psykers were channeled through him as he started to see more than before. He could feel everyone's strength, he could read their thoughts like they were his, he could see what they could see. And all this felt great.

“The most important thing in divination is clear and sharp mind. A dull mind finds nothing and hides everything. A dull mind can be used by our enemies to act without our foresight. A dull mind is open for the Archenemy to influence and forge his own.” Gotch continued the lesson.

It was too easy, extending his own mind towards the cargo ship, he couldn’t find nothing. Nothing opposed him, the Immaterium was calm, there was nothing lingering there.

No.

There was something.

Something wasn’t right.

It took Chief Librarian Joshua Gotch some time to find the source of his unease, something was definitely there. Deliberately hiding.

“I SEE YOU!” Shouted Gotch, alerting his juniors.

“Oh you found our prey Joshua?” Asked Epistolary Potern with bit sarcasm. “Isn’t it hiding near the bridge as I expected?”

“Yes Bast, what we seek is there, I presume you felt it earlier.”

“Oh yes, but this was good training for our Lexicanums so I let this continue for a moment.” Potern said back. “We better inform DeChevalier so that he doesn’t have to wait too long.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“So there is someone actually alive in the ship. Maybe the Navigator?” Asked Sergeant Kastor.

“It could be the Navigator or someone completely else.” You answered. “Our scans didn’t show anything new. The ship is dead, no power, no shields, no nothing. Luckily Librarium managed to find something.” You said back.

“So are we going to board?” Sergeant Tigrus asked.

Decisions:
              -Investigate the ship
              -Send boarding party (How many members, who leads them)
              -Bombard the ship into pieces
              -Other?

Made decisions:
              -Try to find suitable candidates from existing Battle Brothers to become Apothecaries
              -Try to find suitable candidates from existing Battle Brothers to become Chaplains
              -Build Points:
              -Mk-VIII ‘Errant’ Power Armor 10BP
              -Land Speeder Tornado 40BP
              -Implant test-slaves with 24 Gene-seed

++Thought of the Day++
              A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

QM: Not that big update, but an important one so that we can get Build Points and other Chapter management decisions done. If you decide to board the list, please list how many Space Marines do you send and who leads them. Space Marine squads are 10 men strong so one leader per 10 men would be nice. Captain Valerian and 20-strong boarding team is mentioned, but who would lead to other 10 men? Choosing to bombard the ship into pieces is easily done, to Magnificents guns a cargo ship is easy target.

Comment

How do we earn Bonus Points in taking the Freighter? I am leaning to sending a 20 man boarding team. I would like to see Valien Grafft and Martin Fulk leading the Squads.

Why is the Mark VIII listed at 5 BP and we are being charged 10 BP?

Pruitt

Comment

QM: The price for the Errant armour ir 10BP. This is what it says on the Google Docs.

Mk-VIII ‘Errant’ Power Armor: 10BP/Suit Advantages: Reinforced (+ Armor)
                  Disadvantages: Non-Standard (-1 to Repairs)

Build Points are earned by expanding your ability to produce things by yourself, by your actions leading to others producing things for you or through events. Right now you lack ability to make your Forges aboard Magnificent any better due to space restrictions.

Comment

My Google Docs download says 5BP. Is it possible the download was flawed?

Pruitt

Comment

QM: It shouldn't be 5BP due to where I "liberated" the production prices it is 10BP too. The problem is most likely in your end. Check the Google Doc again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Comment

I downloaded the google document again. At the top of page 25 they list a Mark VIII 'Errant' Power Armor: 5. Do you have to add the Terminator Power Armor (Indominatus-Pattern): 5?

Pruitt

Comment

QM: You are looking at Chapter Armoury, the list of stuff you have. The Armoury has 5 Mark VIII 'Errant' Power Armor. The Personal Armour, Production and Costs on page 15 says that the price of Mark VIII 'Errant' Power Armor is 10BP

Comment

Understood. I see now how to read the sheets.

Pruitt

Comment

“So there is someone actually alive in the ship. Maybe the Navigator?” Asked Sergeant Kastor.

It could be the Navigator or someone completely else.” You answered. “Our scans didn’t show anything new. The ship is dead, no power, no shields, no nothing. Luckily Librarium managed to find something.” You said back.
                              Can we communicate with it ?

“So are we going to board?” Sergeant Tigrus asked.
                              Almost certainly, prepare the boarding parties and tell them locate suitable spots to teleport in.

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              (…) I am leaning to sending a 20 man boarding team. I would like to see Valien Grafft and Martin Fulk leading the Squads.
                              In addition to Valerian then ? Don't know if we need all three of them to lead a 20 men boarding action...but why not.
                              Last edited by Snowygerry; 17 Jun 19, 03:45.
                              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

QM: Yeah attempt to hail the ship can be done.

Just a heads up. Midsummer's Eve is next weekend and if I don't push this update before Thursday, which is unlikely, it will go to early next week.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X