Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Marine Chapter Game Interest Thread

Hello everyone!

Having thought about why the BattleTech game failed is that the combat resolution took so bloody long. The game isnít easy at all and with it taking so long, it killed my interest to continue the game. Having gone through a progress of thinking potential games or trying to find a system to use, I think I have managed to find one.

The Premise!

You are the Chapter Master of a Chapter that has been nearly destroyed. You have only a handful of survivors and not much gear outside the standard equipment, but your ability to produce more Space Marines is still intact. With these meager forces you have to rebuild your Chapter while fighting against the enemies of the Imperium of Man.

You as the players control the decisions of the Chapter Master and control the Chapter as a whole. You can throw your own ideas or use the suggestions that I have premade. The future and the actions of the Chapter depends on your decisions and who you put into correct positions. Meaning you can mold the Chapter towards the direction you want as it is nearly clean slate. Not everything is thrown at you immediately, but when the story or the Chapter requires it.

You donít need to know anything about Warhammer 40000 as I know the lore rather well and I am prepared to answer any questions. If you want to scroll and read through the nearly unlimited amount of lore, here are the two biggest wh40k wikis available.

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
    https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki

For the game to happen, I need few players that are willing to discuss what to do and throw ideas. With no own character to control, it should be easy to jump in.

So how does it sound? Would there be interest in this?

++Thought for the Day++
    Death is reward for treachery and loyalty
    From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
    "There is never enough firepower!"

Keep me in the loop!

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I'm intrigued, and my lore is fairly solid.

"With no own character to control, it should be easy to jump in."

Understanding by this that we don't each have our own chapter masters, I take it that we'd be sharing command of a single main character and formation?

Assuming that's correct, do we discuss until we reach consensus or what is the decision making process?

Are we making completely freeform decisions or choosing from available options?
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Perhaps we can operate under Mission Statements and allow some discretion in doing the task? I.E., Tac's unit takes the Space Center to allow the rest to land?

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Yes, you share a command of the Chapter Master and basically act as him and make the decisions based on the stuff I throw at you. So for example during a campaign I would throw you few presets of what to do and you could choose from them or think something of your own.

I first thought that maybe players command individual companies, but I wanted a game that doesn't have much attachment, meaning you can easily miss a week of giving orders and then come back.

Start of this game is all about the survival of the Chapter and it is rather Hard Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
            Hello everyone!
            You donít need to know anything about Warhammer 40000 as I know the lore rather well and I am prepared to answer any questions. If you want to scroll and read through the nearly unlimited amount of lore, here are the two biggest wh40k wikis available.

(Ö)

For the game to happen, I need few players that are willing to discuss what to do and throw ideas. With no own character to control, it should be easy to jump in.

So how does it sound? Would there be interest in this ?
            Why not then

Is it a tactical game ?

Edit, seems to be based on a tabletop miniatures game, so I guess so, we'll see, I'll keep an eye out...
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 14 May 19, 05:58.
            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I won't be drawing maps or showing troop movements. During campaigns and battles I will be describing the theatre and tell you about friendly and enemy forces. Effect of your tactical decisions will be based on the information available and what kind of decision you did.

For example if I explain that the enemy has large amount of tanks and vehicles, direct frontal attack might not work, but hit and run tactics and ambushes have better chance. Success depends on the enemy, your tactics, deployed troops, few modifiers like who is leading the troops and finally dice roll or two.

Comment

Text based tactical/operational game then, sounds ok

As usual I'm here, Mo-Fri 9-4 GMT+1 roughly, gone weekends and holidays.

Feel free to PM anytime for details..

And let us know what what's needed to start exactly, tnx.
                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I already have most of the background material done. Basically this thread is just to see how much interest is there ao that I know do I run this game potentially here or elsewhere.

You as the potential players don't have to do anything special to prepare for it, other than ask questions if you have any or if anything is unclear.

Comment

I'm in, nice to be a player rather than a GM this time.

Note, I'll probably put the WWZ RPG on hold since this would duplicate Sen's already extensive efforts. And I'm quietly, and in the background, working on something more 'oceanic' and far more extensive to set up.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      (Ö)
                      Note, I'll probably put the WWZ RPG on hold since this would duplicate Sen's already extensive efforts.
                      Something I considered also..

But I would hate for forum games to disappear from the ACG entirely..

For me they are a "feature", along with historical and political discussions, and general nonsense - obviously.

So I think we should keep at least one going, preferably a couple, at all times

They are the only place where we *cooperate*, rather then argue against eachother..

Comment

Quite. I just don't want to duplicate specific effort. So Rainbow will wind down, this will get going, and maybe by the late summer or fall, when I've got Baby Tac's schedule and my new position down pat, I'll be able to launch a final episode to the Oceanic Saga. A Mediterranean campaign with some interesting twists.

Comment

This sounds rather nice way of doing this. One or two games going on same time is good amount especially if they are somewhat different from each other. Alrighty, expect game thread to pop up soonish.

Comment

If WWZ is on pause then I'd be interested in this.
                            BoRG
                            "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

I've been privy to the amount of work that he's put into building this game, so yes, WWZ will be on hold for this as WWZ was designed to be a lower effort game anyway......this one has a lot of effort already put in to make it smooth running once it gets started.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X