Interest Check, WWZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Check, WWZ

Just doing an interest check for something Post-Rainbow ACW. Looking at a smaller scale (squad/platoon level) game that will have RPG elements. Same will be in the modern day, a WWZ scenario based in Europe. This will be a cooperative rather than competitive game (so Players vs. Environment), and will be quite casual and low-maintenance for players and GM (me). Unfortunately due to Baby Tac and being Detective Tac, my schedule is too full to do the extensive and hyper-intense games that I used to.

If there's 3-6 players interested I'll look at doing this once Rainbow has concluded, so thinking an early summer launch.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

To explain somewhat, without giving too much away, players would be a character individually leading a squad to platoon size element as their own, and part of a larger group consisting of the players plus some NPCs. There would be a story-driven mission rather than an open world exploration.

Comment

We've spoken around the concept generally, and I'm interested on the proviso it follows Rainbow.

The girls take quite enough of my time, but it's good to have a regular breath of fresh gunpowder.
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

This will be on a smaller scale than Rainbow is currently by practically an order of magnitude. I'd anticipate that a maximum number of players might be able to combine together into two cobbled-up companies at best. This will be story-driven, with the players choices, successes, and failures determining the next portion of the story and what choices might become available or disappear.

Comment

Zombies ?

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

Interested as always, too early to tell though, I'll keep an eye out for it
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Well, it'll be the more standard WWZ zombies as according to the book, but yes, something along those lines of desperation. I've been working with K on an initial plot point and some idea of the flow.

Comment

I'd be up for a game like that!
              Count me in.
              BoRG
              "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Ok, so with 3, we've got a tentative quorum. It will be no less than 30 days before I start this, so keep that in mind ladies and gents.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  Ok, so with 3, we've got a tentative quorum. It will be no less than 30 days before I start this, so keep that in mind ladies and gents.
                  No worries. I'm willing to wait.
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Considering a Norway build. Probably combat engineers or (lightly) mechanized.
                    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

if people want to start working up their stuff, I'll consider 2nd line platoons and squads of 1st line types. Use some good judgment.

Comment

Do you have a reference of some kind ? A rule set maybe ? Or an example ?

I don't know the first thing of this "setting" ?
                        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Well the setting is modern era Europe. Nato predominantly but other nations can easily be involved.

as for 1st and second line troops, I'm considering first line to be special operations, mechanized infantry, paras, etc. 2nd line are leg infantry and support troops.

Comment

So a platoon sized unit, present day NATO, easy enough..

What sort of detail you need exactly ? Names, weapons, vehicles...? What's the mission ? Where do we start geographically ?

I'll best wait for one of the others to post something I can review...

Comment

Still got quite a bit of time left in Rainbow, so this won't be starting until that's winding down. Don't have the time with work and baby tac to concentrate on two games.

Pretty much, what we'll need is this:

Leader Name
                              Nationality
                              Unit Type
                              Unit Size
                              Basic unit equipment (can be pretty general if it's all NATO spec stuff)
                              Any special equipment organic to that unit/nation that's not standard
                              Vehicles

And be reasonable for NATO or other nation troops deployed roughly to the Baltic border with Russia (think Latvia here) in the Spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X