Rainbow Brigade, Episode 6: A Bridge on the River Patapsco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Dropping in a new map link just to make sure we're all on the same page.

And as before, the map can expand in a direction if Rainbow is seriously moving that way.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
      Lieutenant-Colonel Bird reporting, Sir.
      PM what you need / want from me
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        Well, Lt. Col. Bird, as the highest ranking member of Rainbow still active on the field, I guess that puts you in charge.

Distribute what you need to to players, and we'll shoot for a resumption date, say 10 days from now or so for orders being due?
        OK. 10 days are good.

So, Bird has RR#1. Snowy has RR#2. And Rojik as the Reserve Regiment.

Are Dash or Pruitt around to take the cavalry, and TAG for the guns?

JDL is not going anywhere until they are release from Rainbow command. You don't release units in contact with the enemy, and assuming that JDL has a relative competent CO, he will not want to leave the battlefield at this time while protecting the ResR flank.

I'll write the orders in the coming days. You will likely see them this weekend, which should give time for other players to show sign of life.

Snowy - I read your post on a proposed next move. I acknowledged them and taking them into consideration as I write up the next Rainbow orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Yes - I noticed..Frit hasn't really expressed his presence though, his message may also be just a apology for continued absence..we'll see.

At any rate I tried to write a general order to get all units moving or at least give them something to do in absence of more detailed orders.

I'll see what changes by monday and command where a commander is still needed..

Since Rojik is here - I strongly suggest he takes command of the infantry units along the Elysville Road AND is reinforced by Dashy's cavalry, since that'll make a regimental sized force of mixed arms that can operate independently and profit greatly from detailed orders.

Same for the Jaegers and the Grenadiers (which use the same long range rifles iirc) together with Pruits cavalry.

JDL was already ordered back, so they can just continue their movement to get where they need to be, tell them to inform general Hampton of the situation here, specifically of the fact we encountererd the Baltimore garrison on the march as far West as the bridges across the Patapsco - presumably they have been marching all night to get here this early in the morning ?
          Major Leroy reporting for duty. I see that you have taken initiative over 2RR? If that's the case we'll take orders from you. Or else you want to be in command differently?

I am concerned with the union concentration on our left flank. Bates' battery should be firing at once on that concentration and we should either, advance in haste to support the North Carolinians and Jaegers or else they should fall back to the southern butte as quickly as possible.

OOC: I'm still learning how this new forum works (how many months later...), but I shall be here for weekly updates. My weekends are free-er. I
          The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
            I'll write the orders in the coming days. You will likely see them this weekend, which should give time for other players to show sign of life.

Snowy - I read your post on a proposed next move. I acknowledged them and taking them into consideration as I write up the next Rainbow orders.
            I'll wait a bit longer then, I'll be here on Friday and Monday to give more detailed orders if needed.

The strength of Rainbow imho lies in the micromanagement of its many specialized units, coupled with sensible general brigade level orders.

So the more of us here, the better we'll do..

That being said, these forum games are still one of the main attractions of the ACG for me, so I was quite prepared to assume command of the brigade, division or even a wing of the army if need be..but I'm just as happy commanding a company or battalion.

Good to see you again Captain
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Feb 19, 04:32.
            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
              Major Leroy reporting for duty. I see that you have taken initiative over 2RR? If that's the case we'll take orders from you. Or else you want to be in command differently ?
              AFB will write a set of brigade orders, and we'll take it from there..

I am concerned with the union concentration on our left flank. Bates' battery should be firing at once on that concentration and.
              You mean TAG's battery ? If so I fear for the moment limited visibility prevents them from firing on anything beyond 200 m.

If you mean the 4xNapoleon 12lbs listed in the OOB under Bates (Dirk?) - Tac confirmed somewhere above they're not actually with us, but have been added to the main battery.

we should either, advance in haste to support the North Carolinians and Jaegers or else they should fall back to the southern butte as quickly as possible.
              My intention was to draw them into our fire while using the limited visibility to avoid theirs, and to break their forward momentum by flanking them and by placing threats in their rear area.

But with the return of AFB we'll await his orders...
              Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Feb 19, 04:36.
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• So did we win the war?
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                  So did we win the war?
                  Not yet I'm afraid.

So, current Leadership Roster is thus:

Overall Command/RR1: Bird (CaptAFB)

RR2: Snowy (Snowy)

Reserve Regiment: Rojik (Rojik)

Cavalry: Unassigned

Artillery: Unassigned

Unassigned players that have shown up: Leroy (Frt), (Cheetah)

Note: The artillery and/or the cavalry can be divvied up or placed into a single entity (with a penalty to giving orders if they're spread hither and yon).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                    So did we win the war?
                    We're quite close to Washington at any rate - fetch your horse

Comment

• Quick note: the oob I posted last is the current one. So any integrated guns will be considered still with their units.

the next update i do will be the 0540 update, to get us back on track. It is morning twilight with dense fog. Visibility is 200m or less, keep in mind that even gardners legendary gunners can't extend sight lines unless they have muzzle flashes to shoot at, so best case 400m against an active battery. Enemy facing the guards is estimated at brigade strength with at least 2 batteries.

Comment

• Gents, I'll provide new orders this weekend. Worst case scenario, it will be on Sunday night. Family RL is my priority at this time.

Pruitt gave me sign of life. Still waiting for Dash & T.A.G., and anyone else (K???)

Comment

• Capt AFB If you will in your orders, have enough detail for them that I can run this turn in the event that we have players still in and out. That way it gives you all more time to arrange who is commanding what unit if there's confusion or someone slips on the due date.

Comment

• Quickly looking at the hand-held map he drew for himself, Lt.Col Bird provides immediate directions to the 1st RR units COs.

"Maj Frumm, take command of the Green Jackets, as I will move South to have a better centralized command position with the rest of Rainbow on top of the hill here" He points at the map at where he believe RR#2 is currently positioned.

"You have the bigger battalion in RR#1 so you will lead the attack. However, Maj Holden has seniority on you, so you will differ to him for any direction during my absence, if the plan cannot be followed.

1st RR scheme of maneuver will be as follows

Phase I:

GJ with Badgers on its right flank will push forward along Elysville Road to the woods north of "Mount Canton", with the Blues acting as Reserve

Phase II:

If no enemy resistance is met at the woods, the Badgers will push forward to clear and secure the cornfield NE of "Mount Canton" with the GJ following behind ready to support the Badgers, if required.

The Blues will deploy in line facing South in the woods, ready to move to attack the enemy position on top of "Mount Canton."

Phase III:

The Blues, will move, in line, South on "Mount Canton" and engage any enemy position with its firepower. It will establish a defensive position on top of Mount Canton.

The GJ will be on the Blues left flank, in line, moving South and keeping pace with the Blues as they move forward.

The Badger will move South keeping behind to protect the rear and left flank of 1st RR, and act as a reserve.

Comment

• Sending one of his two riders to the Cavalry and Reserve Regiment with the following order.

His intent is to "hold the enemy by the nose" at the hills so that 1st RR can "kick the Yanks in the pants."

Phase I

NCGG to disengage and quickly withdraw in an orderly fashion to the Southern most hill and establish a defensive position on the hill's NE gradient.

Jaegers and all cavalry units will use mobility, terrain and current low visibility to screen and slow down the Yanks forward movement towards the two hills to allow Rainbow units to form a defensive position.

Phase II

NCGG to hold its position and prepare to defend the hill with its superior firepower and grenades. On arriving on its position, its trumpets will blast three time to indicate to the cavalry and Jaeger to start their withdrawing actions.

Jaeger to withdraw to the South Hill and form to the right of NCGG.

Tar Heels to withdraw to the South Hill and form to the right of the Jaegers.

At this point, Finch Battalion, NCGG, Jaeger and Tar Heels to form 3rd RR under command of Finch.

JDL to withdraw on the left flank of 2nd RR on the northern gradient of the Center Hill (Note; North Hill is behind 1st RR, NW of Centre Hill.)

Dashy's cavalry will reform behind Centre Hill and act as Rainbow's reserve

(Rojik. I will leave to you and Pruitt to figure out the direction and move. For game sake, I would suggest to leave Finch (Snowy) take control of the NCGG immediately. On completion of Phase II, he can take control of the Jaegers. Keep command of the Dash's Cavalry- If Dashwood shows up, we can provide you another command for the game.)
                              Last edited by Capt AFB; 17 Feb 19, 17:51.

Comment

• Sending his second dispatch rider to 2nd RR, Lt.Col Bird sends the following direction:

Phase I

Finch to move his Battalion to the passage between both hill. Finch to be ready to take command of 3rd RR at Phase II (Finch Battalion, NCGG, Jaeger and Pruitt's cavalry)

Leroy to take position with his battalion on the East gradient of Centre Hill, with Bates to his right, and at Phase II, JDL to his left. Leroy takes command of 2nd RR (Leroy, Bates JDL) at Phase II.

Phase II

Occupying and reinforce defensive position. Finch and Leroy take command of their Regiments.

Last edited by Capt AFB; 17 Feb 19, 18:12.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X