Rainbow Brigade, Episode 6: A Bridge on the River Patapsco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm around.

I'm not a fan of the new format (and yes, RL has been its usual ridiculous self) but I keep coming back for the community and the friends.

I do miss the good military history debates - and who knows? We may yet run into old face (or usernames) in similar corners of the web.
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

I'm still here as well.
      Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Any interest by the MC and other players to finish this game over the Holiday period?

Comment

Tac is busy in another game. Ask Tac.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I could be persuaded to finish this up, after all it was a really interesting scenario. However, I'd say that we need no fewer than 3 active players to make the scenario work. We don't need, nor could we get, everyone back. But if there were 3 active players, I could probably work on this, maybe in a 'lite' version through the end of the scenario.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Sorry to disappear on you guys like I did - unexpectedly was out of office for a few months and thus also absent from the ACG.

Happy New Year to all
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

No worries. I'm pretty well absent from ACG these days as well, the politics drove me off for the most part. But anywho, I am up for finishing this episode, if we can get 3 players together or two players willing to take on the workload and divvy up the battalions on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  No worries. I'm pretty well absent from ACG these days as well, the politics drove me off for the most part. But anywho, I am up for finishing this episode, if we can get 3 players together or two players willing to take on the workload and divvy up the battalions on the field.
                  Me too. Although I am conservative and pretty vocal about politics, however, these days I find debating such issues tiresome and think there's more to life than debating politics. I'm in school and focusing on starting internship. it's hard on me because I'm changing career at the tender age of 40.

I wish I could participate in the game once again, but I don't feel inclined to do so in middle of school year. If it were summer, then I could be persuaded into playing once again here in fine ACG forums.

For now I'm just sticking with lurking and a rare post in history forums.
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                    Finch could resume command after I read the entire thread (something I will probably do anyway) and familiarize myself with events in my absence - it's no good restarting this if it's just you and me though..

Most "I'm still here" posts seem to date from late last year, if any of my fellow commanders is reading this feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks at any rate, this was a very smoothly run game, all the best to you and yours in the new year
                    Last edited by Snowygerry; 11 Jan 19, 05:54.
                    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Well, if a few drop in, I'll finish this episode, and by extension the war.....

Comment

• I apologize of my absence as well. Between the Guard, school, ROTC, work, and family things get sacrificed.
                        The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• Count me in.

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Ok, so if Finch or AFB swing by, that'll be enough to handle it and I'll finish up this episode.

Comment

• If you want a stand in then I'm back in town
                              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• I'm here...

Been reading our orders and looking at the map, just what are "Catons" ?

Edit, There's a "Catonville" on modern maps, as well Ellicott city - but where exactly is Ellicot Mills ?

Edit 2, the bridge apparently, turns out we're already past that..

2nd Rainbow will be primarily responsible for the southern sector of the advance, securing the Elliot Mills bridge and advancing down the Baltimore Pike to a position between Caton and the southern flank of the eastern ridgeline.

Colonel Fawcett. You will take your Rainbow Brigade East and threaten Baltimore. You must seize and hold Ellicott’s Mills, as that is the most direct route into the rear of the Army. But more importantly, you must impress upon the Federal commander a significant threat to his charge. To keep him from simply sending a column by a different bridge or ferry, you need to force him to stand before the city and protect it. Force him to muster his full strength near the city, where he cannot intervene in the fighting here.”
                                Intelligence on the Baltimore column suggests:
                                • Between 2000-5000 men, primarily drawn from the 8th Army Corps.
                                • Primarily large regiments of infantry mustered in the past few months.
                                • Some local cavalry and heavy artillery from the Baltimore defenses.
                                • Small numbers of marines (or even sailors) from the strong naval presence at Baltimore.
                                • All of the above should be considered green with varying levels of training and not yet blooded.
                                Last edited by Snowygerry; 04 Feb 19, 05:44.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X