Rainbow Brigade, Episode 6: A Bridge on the River Patapsco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post #31 Mr Leroy Frtigern

The overarching plan was for 1RR and Cavalry to seize the Elysville town and northern bridges with alacrity, then move to develop their objectives on the far side of the river. Freed from the onus of engaging any enemies to their fore, 2RR would follow the lead cavalry elements south to clear the Elliot Mills bridge area from behind while Reserve Bn fixed their attention to the west.

Following the initial exploitation and crossing stage (Phase 1), 1RR and 2RR will lead the advance on their respective axes.
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Lost in a world of confusion Freeman decides to order the unit deploy along our side of the river and offer covering fire in case any yankees try to oppose. Cross the bridge and follow the lights as soon as there is an opportunity to do so.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Lt.Col. Bird is a bit dismayed at the confusion in his area.

BGen Fawcett's orders were clear (Post #31) and COs' had ample time to ask questions.

Now, Freeman and the Blues seem to be doing their own thing, yet they had ample time to ask questions after being provided 1st RR orders (Post #36)

Maj Holden has now joined Lt.Col. Bird and Maj Frumm.

"Maj Holden," says Lt.Col.Bird, "Great job by the Badgers - Quick, silent and efficient in securing the village. Please pass on my compliments to your troops. Now, let's wait for our cavalry brothers to cross the Elysville Road bridges and continue our march towards the North hill."

There is a pause.

"Maj Holden," he continues "I'm a bit hesitant to ask, as we await for cavalry to move on and as I do not want to add to the confusion.

"The initial plan was to have the Green Jackets and the Blues cross the two Elysville road bridges, right behind the cavalry, to keep forward momentum and protect the crossing and wait there for the Badgers to catch up and then lead 1st RR to the North hill. But the cavalry has yet to cross and your task to secure` the town has been completed.

" Do you feel the Badgers can take the lead position right away, so the 1st RR can cross the bridge and not loose any time to reorg in a column and head towards the hill?"

In the early morning dawn, Lt.Col. Bird can feel Maj Holden thinking about the request - Really an order, but in the existing confusion, the Commander does not want to add to it and values the Badgers CO's opinion.

In the meantime, Lt.Col. Bird sends Capt Dyers to find Maj Freeman and ensure that the Blues are ready to cross the North Elysville Road bridge before taking the rear position in the 1st RR column heading to the North hill. If the the Blues cross the bridge before the Badgers and GJ complete the crossing of the South Elysville road bridge, they are to wait and slide into position as the 1st RR column pass them.

Comment

OOC: Wondering if the other players are actually reading the posts that provide direction, or are Khryses and I simply on everyone's "ignore" list Just Wondering out loud
          Last edited by Capt AFB; 13 Sep 18, 23:38.

Comment

While it's got to be highly frustrating for K and AFB, I'm finding this confusion to be quite realistic as it relates to night attacks in the era. To the point that I don't need to artificially input any fog of war.....there's a gracious plenty already.

Update will be Next Tuesday.....I know that we have a lot of players in a bit of limbo at the moment, so I feel its fair to give everyone plenty of time to get everything straight and moving again.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Having just finished clearing a house near the bridge, Captain Augustus is approached by a messenger form the general.

“ “Captain, General Fawcett would have you bring your men across the bridge, deploying south of the road as discussed. Leave a small detachment behind at the Federal camp to guard the prisoners.””

” “Excellent. Send my regards to the General. The Jaegers are on the way as ordered.””
              Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Dashwood's cavalry rush to the front of the formation,. eager to put their sabers and new guns to work, they're feeling almost piratical.

"Only start firing in response to fire, try to keep things down to start off with."
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                  Post #31 Mr Leroy Frtigern

The overarching plan was for 1RR and Cavalry to seize the Elysville town and northern bridges with alacrity, then move to develop their objectives on the far side of the river. Freed from the onus of engaging any enemies to their fore, 2RR would follow the lead cavalry elements south to clear the Elliot Mills bridge area from behind while Reserve Bn fixed their attention to the west.

Following the initial exploitation and crossing stage (Phase 1), 1RR and 2RR will lead the advance on their respective axes.
                  Sounds good, maybe it was a lack of understanding on my part, just was looking for clarification. At this point, 2RR will head south then after we achieve our objectives.

Lt. Col Leroy
                  The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Frtigern View Post

Sounds good, maybe it was a lack of understanding on my part, just was looking for clarification. At this point, 2RR will head south then after we achieve our objectives.

Lt. Col Leroy
                    Outstanding Lt. Colonel; Reserve Battalion will move back into a holding position after you come up.

Comment

Update will be tonight. Since I was seeing late orders, I decided to hold out a bit longer.

Comment

September 27th, 0320hrs:

South to North:

The Grenadier guards dump tents and other camp goods into the campfires left by the routed militia, turning the camp behind the earthwork into a blaze. Laying down, the Guards wait until they see the Jaegers, grey ghosts in the darkness, coming up behind them. With a moment's consultation, Hauptmann Augustus arranges his men south of the road opposite the Guard. Soon, both are advancing into the unknown....Meanwhile, Rainbow's wagons start working their way across the bridge, with some of the teamsters dutifully guarding the handful of prisoners.

While Lt. Col's Bird and Leroy shake their commands loose, Major Pruitt gets his command moving. Turned loose, Captain Dashwood takes his troopers across the bridge at a fast trot, heading to the hill with hands on their sabers. Reaching it, they check the trees and find no one amongst them. Major Pruitt leads the Tar Heels and the Jeff Davis Legion across the bridge and starts working their way south.

The First and Second Regiments, most of the confusion cleared up, get moving across the bridge and start arraying themselves for the march on the far side. Peering out into the gloom, only the dark outlines of distant features can be seen. Freeman's Blues draw up to the river bank and hold position for the moment, ready to open fire on any interlopers that might interfere with the crossing.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Fawcett continues the advance with Hauptmann Augustus in parallel, pending any contact with friend or foe.

Onwards lads!

Comment

Badgers will move out to the wooded hill to east, taking the overwatch position on the hill, as soon other troops arrive, I assume they will want Badgers to march out in front as skirmishers with ability to engage anyone at long range before big boys come up.
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Freeman moves to cross the bridge with his unit, following the Elysville road. Form up in a column and march as fast as possible towards the final hill.
                              Wisdom is personal

Comment

If the Tarheels and JDL do not hit any Yankees by the time we reach the road, we will head East looking for enemy troops along the road.

Major Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
                                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X