No announcement yet.

Rainbow Brigade, Episode 6: A Bridge on the River Patapsco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understood - will wait for Brigade orders if any, will post my own on Friday.

Edit, small question : the map now shows an enemy unit near the Southern bridge that wasn't there before, as well as the unidentified unit of ours mentioned earlier ?

Do we have any reports from that sector ?
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 27 Feb 19, 02:32.
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

• That unidentified unit is the brigade wagon train, as it's been for the last several episodes.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• The blue square ? Prisoners then ?
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
          The blue square ? Prisoners then ?
          Unfortunately no. If you look elsewhere on the map you'll see other units represented by blue or red squares. There are prisoners......those are that 'cloud' far to the west over the bridge.

Comment

• Whatever they are, they seem to be fast-moving and our wagon trains may soon fall into enemy hands.

Hopefully we have a similar fast-moving reserve ready to respond (or at least reclaim our supplies, if taken).

Unsure what role the JDL is currently playing in Bird's plans and will leave this decision, with field command, in his hands for the present.

I see no reason to change Fawcett's orders at this time, as hauling Gardner's command into place is likely to take the rest of this update or more.
            Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Sir, can I suggest that I take the JDL down the road and find out what is happening at the bridge? We can't afford to lose the wagon train or the access to the bridge. My boys will sort out anything that needs to be sorted. I also suggest that Dashwoods boys dismount and, with the Jaegars, stall the southern yankee advance so that the advance guard can be hit in the front and flank before we are forced to withdraw.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Major Pruitt sends a messenger to the Colonel asking to lead the Tarheels, JDL and Dashy's Cavalry back to investigate the rumor that Yankees are trying to take the Supply Train. The Jaegers can form between the NCGG and Finch.

Major Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  Unfortunately no. If you look elsewhere on the map you'll see other units represented by blue or red squares. There are prisoners......those are that 'cloud' far to the west over the bridge.
                  LOL - Yes I did but those looked out of place somehow

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  ...on the hill, the troops peering into the wispy white in front of them can just make out a line of dark shapes, and hear sergeants yell at men to close up the files.....

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                  Finch orders his first rank to lie down, ready to fire, on his command, and waits for the enemy to come in effective range.

Himself he will dismount and send his horse to the back, so as not to be an all too obvious target.

Should the enemy come to close, first rank will be ordered to withdraw to the second rank that should still be where Bird ordered them to be digging earlier.
                  Last edited by Snowygerry; 01 Mar 19, 03:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    Major Pruitt sends a messenger to the Colonel asking to lead the Tarheels, JDL and Dashy's Cavalry back to investigate the rumor that Yankees are trying to take the Supply Train. The Jaegers can form between the NCGG and Finch.

Overkill, sirrah. We only need to make it hard for them, not destroy them. It can only be a raiding party, not a full blown attack. To take all of our cavalry out of the line is what they want. They can't steal or destroy our train while the JDL is attacking them. They will scatter if attacked, having drawn one unit from the line. Three is too many, and will stop us doing mischief to the main force. I suggest that you and Dashy's lads keep doing what we do, and smash those in front of us, while the JDL chases off the yankee raiders. I'll send a runner back if there are more than I believe there will be.

We have an open flank. It would be criminal not to take the opportunity.

Capt l'Rojik
                    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Understood, I will take Dashy's Cavalry and hit the Yankee unit in front of Finch's men and have the Jaegers fall back on the Baltimore Pike toward Finch. The Tarheels will hit the Left Flank and Dashy's Cavalry will hit them in the rear.

Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Lt.Col Bird has estafettes and messengers keeping him apprised of the situation.

Gen Fawcett is alive and back on his horse, and moving the big guns down Elysville road, not the Baltimore Pike. It changes the plan a bit, but artillery flanking fire may be just what Rainbow needs once the fog dissipates.

In the meanwhile, Bird moves on top of the Center Hill and meets with the JDL, directing its CO to go help (rescue!) the supply train at the bridge against what should likely be a Yankee marauding cavalry unit.

The fog is providing cover against a stronger numbered enemy, and Bird intends to use to fully use it for surprise a psychological effect against the Yanks.

(More to follow by Sunday)
                        Last edited by Capt AFB; 01 Mar 19, 14:32. Reason: OK, I found a few minutes to write up further direction.

Comment

• RL got the better of me. Going to bed now, I;ll write up the orders Monday night, Sorry for the wait,

Comment

• No worries....RL (Baby Tac) is getting the better of both of us at the moment, so I certainly understand.

Comment

• With limited visibility of the fog, discipline will be required to ensure the element of surprise and avoid grey-on-grey (green-on-green?) incidents.

Lt.Col. Bird send his messengers with the following orders.

Leroy, Bates and Finch are directed to stay put and face the oncoming enemy.

The NCGG are ordered down South Hill, to meet with the Tar Heels on the road and then hit the Yanks with a right flanking movement. (K, I assume that with Fawcett awayfrom the immediate fight, you are still playing the NCGG designated subordinate commander.)

The Jaeger are ordered to withdraw, keeping a skirmisher formation, staying South of the road and find a position on South Hill, South of Finch troops and adopt a line formation at that point- essentially replacing the NCGG.

The Tar Heels are to meet with the NCGG on the road and then guide them against the Yankee flank. Once the NCGG engages the enemy, the Tar Heels are to bounce attacks against the enemy's rear. The Tar Heels job is to find the enemy's flank,not to engage it, so that the NCGG attack hits the right place...The Tar Heels then goes playing around the enemy's rear down the line.

The Dashy Cavalry is to shoot a couple of rounds down range (Eastwards!)...Not so much to hit anything (bonus if they do), but to make noise and add to the incertitude the Yanks may have on a foggy battlefield. They will then join the NCGG and support its attack against the enemy''s flank.

To play the psychological warfare card, as the NCGG starts its move, there will be a rebel yell down the line (Leroy, Bates and Finch.) And another one, once the line hear the NCGG clashing with the enemy.

More to follow for orders on Mount Canton.

Comment

• Climbing Mount Canton, the Green Jackets take the lead to clash with and destroy the enemy. With limited space on the mountain, the Blues come behind and the the right of the GJ, to act as reserve.

Maj Frumm, GJ, speaks with Maj Holden, about getting his sharpshooters to move very quickly Southwards and find a spot to climb Mount Canton and hit the enemy from the rear or flank.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X