For Anyone Interested in Running Wargames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Anyone Interested in Running Wargames

Today as I was surfing the Internet, I stumbled across this company that specializes in this sort of thing. I can't recall if anyone ever used this map-making software before in their war games, but if you are looking for a good mapping software and want to run any kind of war game off these fantasy maps, it's for you. When I first saw this, I thought of K and Tac's war games, I don't know if they'd be interested in this sort of thing as it requires two big things - money and time to learn how to use the software. I think one of their mapping products allow you to import real Earth data and use that for your gaming purposes.

I'm making this a separate thread, because I don't want to post this in K and Tac's war game threads.

https://secure.profantasy.com/default.asp
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Every little bit helps.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
      Today as I was surfing the Internet, I stumbled across this company that specializes in this sort of thing. I can't recall if anyone ever used this map-making software before in their war games, but if you are looking for a good mapping software and want to run any kind of war game off these fantasy maps, it's for you. When I first saw this, I thought of K and Tac's war games, I don't know if they'd be interested in this sort of thing as it requires two big things - money and time to learn how to use the software. I think one of their mapping products allow you to import real Earth data and use that for your gaming purposes.

I'm making this a separate thread, because I don't want to post this in K and Tac's war game threads.

https://secure.profantasy.com/default.asp
      Iíve used Campaign Cartographer 3 (from ProFantasy) a lot over the years - itís my bread and butter for tactical maps and RP Campaign Maps - although itís not yet installed on my new computer.

Itís an excellent program and capable of far more than Iíve used it for!
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post

Iíve used Campaign Cartographer 3 (from ProFantasy) a lot over the years - itís my bread and butter for tactical maps and RP Campaign Maps - although itís not yet installed on my new computer.

Itís an excellent program and capable of far more than Iíve used it for!
        I just realized now, didn't you use that program for Overland campaign (American Civil War)? I remember playing that war game with few other players who are no longer active members here, especially Legatus Augusti.
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Yes, and I remember he used it for his Sertorian War game as well - the triplex acies formations against the contour maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

I just realized now, didn't you use that program for Overland campaign (American Civil War)? I remember playing that war game with few other players who are no longer active members here, especially Legatus Augusti.
            Hmm well, maybe I should be an active member here again then!
            Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
              Yes, and I remember he used it for his Sertorian War game as well - the triplex acies formations against the contour maps.
              Seriously though, last night the sudden fancy to look back over my Sertorius game (and Diadochi game) and see if the threads still existed came over me. I literally I feel like you and Cheetah summoned me back somehow!
              Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post

Seriously though, last night the sudden fancy to look back over my Sertorius game (and Diadochi game) and see if the threads still existed came over me. I literally I feel like you and Cheetah summoned me back somehow!
                Well, I certainly hope you will be active here again. In any case, welcome back!

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Welcome back!

Tac managed to summon both Dashy and I back from the great wide world beyond (a month or two ago), so it's a cumulative thing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X