X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacCovert4
    started a topic Task Force Regenbogen, Episode One....Moving

Task Force Regenbogen, Episode One....Moving

At the Atoll base equipment and men equally pile up as the various units of Task Force Regenbogen form. From a large number of little birds and light armored vehicles, to the lift assets of Silver Star, the Cobras, the eclectic mix of men, vehicles, and planes, and a small number of fast movers which keep to themselves at the end of the runway with their own hangar.....

Then Regenbogen receives a message.

Mission Brief:

Travel to the Area of Operations as noted in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Capture or develop basing facilities within 150mi of the point denoted. Client has further operations to be performed over the next several weeks to months.

Situational notes: Ongoing conflict which has included attacks on UN peacekeepers by militias. Locals may or may not be neutral to the conflict depending on the village. Large numbers of displaced persons in the region. Governmental Forces are to be presumed to be hostile to your activities but are unlikely to operate in force against you.

And there you have it. Quite the flight really......getting from your base to whatever you choose to be your new FOB. Nope....not a challenge at all......

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zx...HN&usp=sharing

• Khryses
    replied
    SSOW continues with their delivery schedule as provided to the GM in the absence of specific requirements.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Originally posted by Dashy View Post
    Dashwood is going to check in on the whirly boys, it's potentially risky but we might need to get a few little birds out there to save my boys. If that's not on the table then I'd like to request the Flying Circus perform a flyover (they're fitted with anti-MANPAD flares and such yes?).

As for the locals, Dashwood will offer the services of the doctors and field hospital to wounded civilians and the finest buffet the mess can provide (which is very fine indeed).
    Flying circus is all weather and open for tasking. Simply give a request and ask for anything specific you might want.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Colonel Pruitt orders two AH 6's and four Transports into the air to scout the situation. No Dismount Teams are being sent. Last I heard I only have two AH 6's present. The Transports will act as Armed Scouts. We won't get more AH 6's until Day 8. The AH 6's will be armed with Rockets.

Colonel Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    Dashwood is going to check in on the whirly boys, it's potentially risky but we might need to get a few little birds out there to save my boys. If that's not on the table then I'd like to request the Flying Circus perform a flyover (they're fitted with anti-MANPAD flares and such yes?).

As for the locals, Dashwood will offer the services of the doctors and field hospital to wounded civilians and the finest buffet the mess can provide (which is very fine indeed).

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    June 27th.....

Into the morning the trackers still hunt the raiding party, trying to get a good location on a base. Throughout the day more birds come in, bringing more of EuroCorps as well as some odds and ends that will be needed in time. Ahead of schedule, the balance of Eurocorps lands, through they only have a company and a half worth of vehicles to transport all of their men from the FOB for now.

Around 2200hrs a radio report comes in from the trackers. "Under Attack, Arrows, Stones....." Aside from coordinates that's all you receive from the team of 8 NZSAS.

Leave a comment:

• Khryses
    replied
    At this point you have two gunships and crew, four transports and crew and their dismounts. The rest of your dismounts should arrive “today” along with two more transports.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Can you let me know what I have at the landing site? I have the original schedule but that has been discarded. I am sending some extra cash in case we have to pay for another cow or two. I figure $10,000 US and 5K in Euros will be enough for now.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Khryses
    replied
    With IL-76e upchecked and available, we will add two more transports from the Air Cavalry to our next delivery run (detailed schedule updated and available to Tac).

We expect the next delivery to comprise largely supply, munitions and smallcraft - please request any specific deliveries you feel you need as a priority and I will attempt to fit these into the D7 wave.

Local SSOW personnel will warn incoming flights of any civilians or livestock within the Regen FOB perimeter. If present, the airfield is considered off limits for SSOW craft outside 1000-1800 hrs and SSOW flights will wait at the last airport on the leg until airfield operating hours.

Leave a comment:

• Senorankka
    replied
    We should follow and track the raiders carefully. If we can find their base, we can mount an air assault and destroy them. Having them nearby is a operational danger to us.

Leave a comment:

• Dashy
    replied
    How many villagers are there? Now that I have more assets available I may have a plan for safely relocating them.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    June 26th.....

With required maintenance and a need to get some of his birds switched over for their new job of ferrying maximum numbers of PAX to the FOB, SSOW spends the day returning to base and getting their maintenance work done. IL76E finally makes it back to the Atoll and is fully re-certified for flight operations. In the dead of night they load up three companies worth of troops, sans vehicles, and prepare to wing it for the Congo.

On the ground in the Congo there's some confusion. Eurocorps dutifully jams any local transmissions. The Flying Circus continues to work on the runway, and keeps a Jaguar on standby to provide support if needed. Cobra Command and Pruitt Air Cav both discuss options for getting medical help to the villagers, but as neither has a serious medical unit nothing happens.

Without a cohesive command or plan amongst the various units it falls to Hotel California who makes the first move as the rest of their force including field kitchen, medical personnel, and more fire support arrives. Going to the village, Dashwood gives his demands. The villagers are terrified at what he tells them, and some wonder aloud if the raiders were there at the white man's behest. One elder convinces his people, however, and they stalwartly refuse to leave their village for now.

The Patrol sent out to track sign and try to find its source is more successful, and deep in the night they communicate that they feel like they are now hot on the trail of the raiding party. Sign indicates several cattle, and a few dozen people, though whether those are all raiders or villagers or a combination isn't able to be seen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zx...HN&usp=sharing

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah772
    replied
    When will we see an update?

Leave a comment:

• Khryses
    replied
    Absent consensus on airlift priorities and with IL-76e still offline, SSOW has rearranged the cargo for the upcoming flights.

D5 we are now delivering all riflemen and dismount teams from the Air Cavalry and Flying Circus (approx. 270 px and arms) as well as the APCs and crews from the EuroCorps 1st Company Rifle APCs.

We will unfortunately have to slow our rate of delivery to ensure ongoing reliability.

We appreciate Hotel California's and Flying Circus's work to improve the Mesa airfield, although we will need to approach with caution if Dashwood is successful in moving the Bantu and their cows inside the Taskforce perimeter.

Is it possible to eliminate the local threat to the village without relocating the settlement wholesale?

This would seem to go a long way in proving Regenbogen's bonafides.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X