No announcement yet.

Task Force Regenbogen, Episode One....Moving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we can't come to a consensus, then we just should go with SSOW's Mesa suggestion, it looks like it's the most ideal location and it's close to a water port which eases our logistical concerns. It's also on a major road, which again is ideal for transportation, though it's only the road available to us.

As for securing it, we can hire trucking companies to conceal our equipment and Dashy's teams can secure the field first before we head in. Pruitt's little birds can fly close support for Dashy. His copters are relatively easier to pack in a 18-wheeler truck. We'll move our men over roads and disembark a few miles from the future FOB and start our assault both by air and land to secure it.

Let's do it, and get this show rolling on.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Mesa looks as good as we are going to get. There is no perfect place.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I believe that is everyone saying that Mesa is their preference, so I'll make sure it's pinned on the official map.

Now for a 'plan'.

Remember, initial mission is to simply get into the country and set up the FOB in the anticipation of follow on operations later.

With that in mind, remember that you can't just land at a commercial airport or rent a boat to a commercial seaport and then strap down all your fancy expensive military kit to flatbeds and ride semi-trailers into country. While this is Africa, this is Africa....you will be stopped and you'll either have to kill your way through checkpoints or you'll find your stuff looted by the 'officials'.

You do have SSOW, also known as Silver Wing, and they do advertise that they can land almost anywhere. Plus a couple of the units happen to have long-range aerial transport, and those with shorter ranged birds (helos) can be flown in.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

For those interested, your initial elements that are scheduled to land at the Mesa FOB (ideally after it's been secured by Hotel California's lead elements) in the early morning (local time) of Day 2 are:

EuroCorps: Bn Headquarters (3 VABs and personnel)
          Air Cavalry: 2x Gunships
          Cobra Command: 2x Cobras, Ordnance delivery
          Flying Circus: Ordnance Delivery

Silver Star Omnilift Wing: Certain local support elements, 2x light aircraft for assembly.

As far as we're concerned, we're happy to land on the field as is although we'd appreciate some work done to thin out the bushes and level the ground.

As SSOW we have no operational input in TF command decisions, but I've done up a step-by-step runsheet for Tac until Day 9 in case I'm not available. But if there's something you desperately want delivered, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Also: Later on Day 2 the Hawkeye (AWACS), mid-air tanker, medical section and the beginnings of our fuel dump will arrive. Principally storing JP-8, with some supply of AvGas.

EDIT: As I understand it, the main thing Tac is asking for at this point is a plan for how to seize and develop the airfield/FOB. Dashy is (as far as I know) the only one with a practical way to get there absent the SSOW, although if the Air Cav wants to fly some of their birds halfway around the planet this will save time; it's working out to 32 hours each way for the heavy lift birds.

You'll all have elements there as soon as I can manage so you can actively be in command, but those of you with numbers (I'm looking at your EuroCorps and Air Cav!) will have to put up with a drip feed.
          Last edited by Khryses; 21 Jun 18, 00:52.
          Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

Do you need some of my dismounts? I have eight four man teams (3-M-4's and one SAW) and two four man heavy weapons teams. One has a Carl Gustav team and a Javelin Team. The other has a Carl Gustav Team and a Matador Team. They should be easy to put on a transport. They can help arm the AH 6's.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
              For those interested, your initial elements that are scheduled to land at the Mesa FOB (ideally after it's been secured by Hotel California's lead elements) in the early morning (local time) of Day 2 are:

EuroCorps: Bn Headquarters (3 VABs and personnel)
              Air Cavalry: 2x Gunships
              Cobra Command: 2x Cobras, Ordnance delivery

Silver Star Omnilift Wing: Certain local support elements, 2x light aircraft for assembly.

As far as we're concerned, we're happy to land on the field as is although we'd appreciate some work done to thin out the bushes and level the ground.

As SSOW we have no operational input in TF command decisions, but I've done up a step-by-step runsheet for Tac until Day 9 in case I'm not available. But if there's something you desperately want delivered, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Also: Later on Day 2 the Hawkeye (AWACS), mid-air tanker, medical section and the beginnings of our fuel dump will arrive. Principally storing JP-8, with some supply of AvGas.

EDIT: As I understand it, the main thing Tac is asking for at this point is a plan for how to seize and develop the airfield/FOB. Dashy is (as far as I know) the only one with a practical way to get there absent the SSOW, although if the Air Cav wants to fly some of their birds halfway around the planet this will save time; it's working out to 32 hours each way for the heavy lift birds.

You'll all have elements there as soon as I can manage so you can actively be in command, but those of you with numbers (I'm looking at your EuroCorps and Air Cav!) will have to put up with a drip feed.
              K, feel free to take over effective command of my two C-130's to bolster your carrying capacity beyond Day 1, it will take them 20 hours or so to get back to HQ, have checks done and be refitted for cargo.
              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

The fastest route I can find for the C-130s gets them back in 29 hours, but I'll happily take them if you don't need them to shuttle more forces in-theatre.

What time/date do you loan them to SSOW and where will they be, so I can plot that in my runsheet?

I'm working to tighten my delivery rate; I've brought the first wave up to mid-morning Day 1, with Senn's HQ first on the scene (by SSOW anyway) at D1 1000 local time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Do you need some of my dismounts? I have eight four man teams (3-M-4's and one SAW) and two four man heavy weapons teams. One has a Carl Gustav team and a Javelin Team. The other has a Carl Gustav Team and a Matador Team. They should be easy to put on a transport. They can help arm the AH 6's.

Pruitt
                  Commander P,

I have confirmation that there's no room for anyone other than flight crew (first delivery) with gunships, however we can fit two of your dismount teams along with flight crew for the transport flights that follow.

By D5/0630 (local time) you should have in-theatre:

2x Gunships w flight crew
                  4x Transports w flight crew
                  4x dismount teams of your choice (I'm not specifying on my load orders).

Comment

I will send two Recon Teams and the two Heavy Weapons Teams. The HW Teams have MP 5's and CZ 75 sidearms to go with the Carl Gustavs and a couple of Javelins and Matadors.

Pruitt

Comment

Not much I can do, it's all up to you boys to pave the way for Cobra team to arrive safely. In fact, I don't think Cobra can do anything immediately until we get some actionable intelligence and a list of priority targets.

Feed the snakes, boys.
                      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Dashy,

I understand your Hotel California is intending to seize the airfield.

Can you outline a plan to do this from departing Bikini Atoll through to airfield ops?

Please also detail when your birds will be released to SSOW for ops and I'll include them in the delivery timetable

Comment

For the rest of you, here is my roster. EuroCorps with 61 vehicles and 414 men. Landing Bn HQ first works. The two IL-76 can land four vehicles between two of them so getting first company on ground semi-fast is doable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
                          Crimson's Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG Chapter Two --- Carlisle
                          Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                          Colonel Abraham Bates, Rainbow Brigade
                          Angrim One-Eye, Yellow Company
                          "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Waiting on something to be confirmed by Tac before committing to orders. One question about SSOW, do you have the means to *operate* an airfield? I have men/equipment to maintain a runway but no tankers, maintenance teams or air control ops. At worst I think the Machbet can act as a ghetto control tower?? Hopefully the mobile maintenance shop will suffice.

Here is my map updated with a plan to take HOTEL CALIFORNIA including flights to the area;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j6...gz&usp=sharing

Timing, flights to leave Kigoma at 2300. First drop at 2330, second drop at 2340, third at 2355, fourth at 0005 and the main drop at 0015 ish. Airfield will hopefully be clear, secure and ready to receive craft by 0300.
                            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

We have maintenance, fuel blivets (to be filled onsite) and ground crews.

Tac, do we need to hire a separate air control team or is this something you're willing for us to abstract or include in my forward maintenance team?

I could sacrifice a couple of my small birds for this, and agree it should be handled under SSOW.

EDIT: Tac confirms this is not required (or can be abstracted into local support elements SSOW and other formations are setting up at the Mesa FOB).

Dashy, it's gratifying to see that (very familiar) black approach line on your map.

Does that mean you're reporting the airfield open for business by 0300 local time on the same day you lift off from the Atoll (bloody timezones)? D1/1400 on the mission clock? Or D2/1400?

We're currently scheduled to touch down our first bird at D1/1000 local, or D1/2100 on the mission clock but I can push that back until an hour past dawn the next day. Keen for my pilots' first approach to the site to be in daylight no matter how good your ground crew is.
                              Last edited by Khryses; 22 Jun 18, 10:26.

Comment

SSOW Shipping Roster (To Mesa FOB, for Commanders' planning purposes)

Day 1:

EuroCorps: Bn HQ formation
                                Cobra Sqn: 2x Cobras, Ordnance Delivery
                                Pruitt's AirCav: 2x Gunships

SSOW: 1x Cessna-182, 1x Cessna-185, 1x Hawkeye, 1x KC-130J Supertanker, 1x Mobile Airfield/Maintenance Workshop, 1x Medical station (2x Medics), Large tents and (empty) fuel blivets for JP-8 and AvGas.

Day 2:

42000lb AvGas
                                42000lb JP-8

Day 3:

42000lb AvGas
                                42000lb JP-8

EuroCorps: Fire Support Platoon 1, Company HQ 1
                                Pruitt's AirCav: 4x Transports, 4x Dismount Teams
                                Flying Circus: Land Squadron (3/3)

Day 4:

42000lb JP-8

Day 5:

Pruitt's AirCav: 2x Transports, 2x Dismount Teams
                                EuroCorps: Rifle 1/1 (4/4), Rifle 2/1 (2/4)

SSOW: 4x Cessna-185

Day 6:

EuroCorps: Rifle 2/1 (2/4), Rifle 3/1 (4/4)

Day 7:

EuroCorps: Mortar 1, Company HQ 2, FSP 2, 1/2 Rifle (4/4)

Day 8:

Pruitt's AirCav: 2x Gunships, 1x additional flight (Gunships or Transports preferred, Mr P?)

Flight Path visible here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p4...1O&usp=sharing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X