No announcement yet.

Task Force Regenbogen, Episode One....Moving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Red Line is the approx max effective range of the Valisek mortars when set up. The pictures represent the locations the Avengers, Valisek Battery and Machbet will set up. The outer black lines represent the perimeter to be established at 0300 and the shaded black rectangle is the LZ
    Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Say hello to my little friends: 160_Rang-SOCOM-8.gifah6icutaway-600-x-453.jpgf9c79c796c1b9087531e843b7a8bc4c5.png
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Here comes the Air Cav! We have ten MH 6, and eight AH 6 helicopters, eight four man dismount teams and two heavy weapons teams.

Pruitt

Comment

8 Cessna C-185 Used
          7 IL-76TD Used
          1 KC-130J Used
          2 Cessna 208-B Grand Caravan Amphibious Used
          1 Cessna 182 Skylane Used
          1 E-2C AEW Used
          1 C-130A Used
          1 Mobile Maintenance Shop Operational

Silver Star Omnilift Wing finally finishes arriving at the base. From out of their hangar the members of the "Flying Circus" notice the Hawkeye and come to take a look, equally giving the others time to see their own birds, with grey underbellies contrasting to mottled coyote and olive uppers. A wing pair of SEPECAT Jaguars and a full flight of F5Es...
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Also, Silver Star is developing their own list of possible FOB sites for your consideration. They would like you all to know that while they are willing to go into hell for you, they're not going to just sign off on a plan that puts their birds at undue risk. They're perfectly capable of operating on airports, short fields, or even rough strips. So make sure that you're not going to be risking your transports and you'll likely get the nod from them as well....

Comment

Now I am confused. I thought we're planning on HOW to move our forces to the operational region from the atoll, rather than Kalemie? Is Kalemie now the starting point?
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

No, the Atoll is the starting point. But with a substantial number of airlift assets, getting from there to the AO isn't an earth shattering problem. However, Where in the AO and How you go about securing it is a major question.

SSOW knows about the suggestion of the Kalemie Airfield and thinks its a great airport for their operations but has concern that taking a regional airport like that will force a conflict with the local authorities and the army. They've suggested some alternatives (on main map) for consideration if that's something that the group would like to do instead of Kalemie.

Comment

Okay, here goes nothing. Laugh at my amateurish attempts to select a suitable FOB.....I'm pathetic!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KF..._I&usp=sharing
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Nothing pathetic at all. Choosing Where to go, and how to secure it, are very important and the key to the first part of this episode.....

Comment

Were you trying to locate by roads? I counted at least two by "national highways"? One site had a building close to the marker. A rough road may actually be an asset, but I did not see any straight roads...

Pruitt

Comment

Ok, that dirt strip on the Mesa looks *fantastic*, it has a number of nearby features that could act as complementary firebases and outposts.
                        Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Dashy where is this mesa? Is it by one of the suggested sites?

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Dashy where is this mesa? Is it by one of the suggested sites?

Pruitt
                            That's from Tac's Google map, not mine. I made my own suggestions on a separate Google map which is shared online here.

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Well, things that you shall need to do are as follows....and within the week if possible:

Pick a location that you want to use as your FOB.

Develop a plan for taking said location and then holding it while your forces are moved in.

SSOW has already worked on the plan for moving all kit in-country, and it's a multi-day proposition.....

Comment

Kalemie is a little TOO good. There is a Naval Base there and a sizeable town. We should find a place more out of the way.

Pruitt

Comment

Working...
                                X