No announcement yet.

Rainbow Brigade, Ep. 5, Maryland my Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't give a full accounting for each unit. I will say that you've taken something roughly in the 25% range of casualties. Worst overall casualties are in Richter's Battery and the Blues, both are sitting at around 50%. Everyone else is in better shape than that and some units actually have pretty low total casualties.

As for inter-battle phase, we're barely through mid-morning, this fight has quite a lot left in it, potentially....
    Last edited by TacCovert4; 10 Jul 18, 05:53.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• In that case Finch will regroup and assume the position he held at the start of the fight.

Given time, he will see the dead and wounded are evacuated from the position, then the work to improve or restore the barricade will resume.

Pickets and patrols all round - if we are left behind.

If anyone wants me to do something entirely different please post a clear and affirmative order by Friday, because after that Finch battalion will be automated for 10 days or so.
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

If anyone wants me to do something entirely different please post a clear and affirmative order by Friday, because after that Finch battalion will be automated for 10 days or so.
        How about:, as indicated in my last post, LCol Bird...
        hopes that the momentum of the GJ will carry the NCGG and Badgers on his right flank and Finch on his left flank. No time to send messengers, the GJ forward movement should be enough of a message for them to carry on...The Yankee`s Iron Brigade, having withdrawn and retreated , and with rebel cavalry to their rear, and with no time to reorganize, should be ready to melt away in front of a Rainbow assault.

Comment

• The Blues continues to advance with the Tigers. Rest and resupply if there is any lull in fighting.

OOC:
          We need to send messengers to anyone and everyone, to seek out additional orders. We might have pushed the yankees back now, but can't take another beating like this. We need situation report to seek out a better position.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

• "Captain, reform the unit to Tigers right flank we are going to advance"

Realizing the situation being in Rainbows favour with the Yanks beaten and withdrawing, there was no point in throwing away this tactical advantage. Sending riders up and down the units, the orders were simple

-Steady advance, push the Yanks from the field.

From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
            Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
            "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Update will be on Friday, Thursday afternoon if all orders come in early.

Comment

• From atop the hill Dashy can see some forces moving to the north, noting the battle below seems to be progressing in an agreeable fashion, Dashwood will order his men to dismount and water the horses, using wreckage of guns and the slope of the hill as cover, once the horses are watered and ready to go he will reassess the situation and look for opportunities to exploit.
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• "Onwards lads! Drive them back and seize that hill!"

Urging his brave Guardsmen onwards towards the hill where Dashwood's irrepressible horse now sit, Fawcett angles their advance to pass to the right of the Old Baker Place [the house immediately east of the 2nd USSS] while firing regularly into the Federals as they fall back. Now the Yankees are retreating in disarray, it is entirely true to his doctrine to keep up the scare and drive them from the defensive ground on the rise ahead. Once Rainbow has seized the ridge the brigade can pause to regroup and take stock of the situation developing to the east and repel the next Yankee attack.

Speaking of which...

Letting the front of his short battalion overtake him, Fawcett speaks to his lieutenants as Holden's messenger approaches. "Jerry, take this message to General Stuart;
                  "Gen'l Stuart,

Rainbow has repulsed and broken both Federal Iron Brigades and are presently in active pursuit up to Shrapnel Hill to Gen'l Jackson's left. If you have any mounted reserves available at this time, the right of the enemy army along the Potomac is open for exploitation. We will regroup on the crest of the hill for the next forty minutes before resuming our advance as the situation permits.

I have the honour to remain your obedient servant,

Col Fawcett, North Carolina Grenadier Guard"

As the horseman tore off towards the south and Holden's runner arrived, Harry raised a hand and spoke to the second rider. "Charlie, retrace our steps and give this message to General Jackson's staff.
                  "Gen'l Jackson,

We have rejoined Rainbow Brigade and regret to inform you of General Sennef's demise. Both Federal Iron Brigades have been repulsed and we are presently pressing them as they flee in disarray. Approximately 1500 effectives remain and expect to regroup shortly on the rise to your north west in preparation for further advance.

How goes the day on our right? We are out of sight of Dunker Church at this time and too closely engaged to ride over in person..

I have the honour to remain your obedient servant,

Col Fawcett, North Carolina Grenadier Guard"

Finally he received the message from Holden, and smiled his thanks for the officer's remarks.

"My thanks to your commander, and please extend my compliments in turn. Invite him to press the enemy as closely and in what strength he feels able; we expect to drive them from the hill ahead and then pause to regroup the brigade as a whole. Please continue to Gardner after speaking with the Major, and ask him to bring up his guns to position on the hill ahead as soon as we've secured it. I think we can trust the Yankees to make at least one effort to drive us back, and I mean to have all required support in place to handle them briskly."

(Musketry please, Mr Tac)
                  Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Major Pruitt orders the men to remove their saddles and rub the horses down. "I want the men to take them down by Platoons and give the horses water (may have to go to the Creek). After they do this, give then a light feed. Someone get that supply wagon up and bring some ammo."

Major Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• OOC: Very good initiative from Khryses.
                      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                      "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Just waiting on Frit and Exo and we can proceed. There will be an expanded map as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                          How about:, as indicated in my last post, LCol Bird...
                          Finch will assume position on Col. Bird's left and follow his movements untill I return, using similar methods to the ones I applied earlier.
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Will do then.

Update will be dark and early Friday Morning, since we're waiting on two participants.

Comment

• September 17th, 1000hrs....

South to North:

With the enemy artillery on the rise now dubbed "Shrapnel Hill" destroyed or taken by cavalry, Gardner turns his fire on the enemy foot to his front. Careful to use bolts instead of shell or shrapnel, in order to reduce the risk to Rainbow's own foot, he begins a deliberate accurate fire focusing on identifiable pockets. Gardner carefully helps his men aim, using a sponge as a crutch as he supervises his skilled gunners. He is rewarded with a pair of bolts hitting in a decent-size group of mounted men, quite obviously officers, leaving a few horses and men on the ground with the others running for the rear. Another mounted party gets a near miss before also heading to the rear. Later he sees some union troops on the hill and sends a couple of shells their way for no obvious effect.

Col. Fawcett leads his Grenadier Guards in echelon towards the house, firing on targets as they bear. Unfortunately in their movement, they do draw close to the Sharpshooters sheltering in the woods, and take effective fire, losing a number of men before the Sharpshooters bugger off due to the weight of fire crashing through the trees. Angling up the slope, the Sharpshooters run directly into Dashwood's troopers sheltering behind the great guns. A few shots are fired at them, but it's apparent that the Sharpshooters are out of ammunition and with bayonets fixed in case the cavalry charges, they move away and keep up the double-quick march to the rear.

Lt. Col. Bird, leading his Green Jackets and encouraging Finch's Battalion to advance, takes both forward, sweeping the field with fire and sending the 30th into disarray and rout. Major Holden works to bring his men back up into range, and after much running makes it to the trees. From there his men take potshots at the routing yankees, keeping the 'skeer' in them. Finch's Battalion takes on the 22nd and with disciplined rolling volleys as they advance in their trademark formation, the battalion throws them back and towards the rear as well.

Prisoners are sent back to Richter's Battery, who with few targets all of a sudden finds himself resupplying and keeping a gun crew guarding the thirsty and befuddled yankees, surprised at the rough treatment of the last two hours of combat. Equally, the Tigers find themselves receiving some prisoners as they halt and resupply from the wagons which have moved forward. The Tar Heels stop to rest and rub down their horses, also resupplying their ammunition.

Meanwhile Col. Bates and Capt. Freeman roll forward, firing off the last of their ammunition as they finish driving the federal troops before them off. Finally halting due to a lack of any ammunition, they start to receive long-awaited supplies. Col. Bates observes what could only be a troop of cavalry in the woods to his Northwest.

Captain Dashwood sends riders informing that there appear to be four regiments or battalions to his front, with two of them just recently beginning an advance to the hill. He also informs that he has captured 3 Ordnance Rifles intact and undamaged. Riders come in from the East and South with news.

From Stuart:

Army situation tenuous, glad news that your front is advancing, will send Hampton's Brigade when possible.

From Jackson:

I am saddened by the loss of Genr'l Sennef, but heartened by your success. We have met and stopped the enemy, and you must give them the bayonet and turn their flank so we might triumph this day. I will advance.

(Admin Note: If we can get all units within the white 'sector' of the map, that would be great.....)

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• Since this is my last day at the office I think it best to leave command to Cl. Bates who can coordinate my men with his own unit and adapt to others orders..?

Best of luck, back in 10 days or so
                                Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Jul 18, 05:44.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X