Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
    OOC: I have been using this one for my MWO needs. It is made for MWO, so stuff it does is not completely tabletop accurate. But if you want to play around with it, choose whatever mech you want and from tools, choose the stock loadout. MWO was smart in that case by having the tonnage and slots more or less right between variants. It is fun to think about different builds with trying to get your free tonnage and slots used most efficiently. With Helm Memory Core not being found yet, the proper renaissance of technological development hasn't arrived yet. So if you have ideas in mind for future, take that in account along with the fact that the modifications would have to be made inside a dropship.

For example Warhammer with 9 Medium Lasers.

Edit. Cheetah was bit faster
    Well, I'm looking to upgrade mechs in the future...if I live long enough. The Phoenix Hawk was just to play nice and not heavy/assault load our lance. And because it was the first mech I remember when I was a kid.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• I will be in and out for the next few days (hopefully).

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• OOC: Busy weekend of doing everything else, but not computer stuff is over. Going to update today or tomorrow.
        From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
        Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
        "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Turn 4

Dragon pushes his Hunchback forward trying to reach the next hill. As he is coming closer to it, his sensors managed to catch a glimpse of emission of some kind. It seems that the pirate reinforcements are nearly here, maybe just on the other side of these hills.

Scopes trying to avoid the missiles that never came, decided to move back a bit. He continued to hammer the Catapult with his AC/2s gaining hits on left leg and center torso doing some damage to the Catapult, but not much. The Catapult finally answered with the fire of its own and yet again its missile pods spewed large amounts of fire and smoke as missiles started to race towards Scopes. As the missiles rained upon the Blackjack, picking up large clouds of dust and throwing shrapnel around. Outside another lucky hit to Blackjacks center torso and scratched paint job, the missiles failed to hit.

Rainmaker decides to follow the Commando and opens up with his large laser hitting directly into right arm of the Commando. The beam pierces straight through the armour and cuts into the internals of the arm with sparks flying everywhere. Reaching the maximum range of his medium lasers, Rainmaker opens up with them too. One laser misses badly, but another laser hits the damaged left leg with catastrophic results. As the Commando is torso twisting and fires his SRMs and medium laser at Rainmaker, missing badly with only pair of rockets hitting right torso causing damage to the armour, the stress from the bad hits and firing its own weapons finally took their toll as the left leg buckles underneath the weight of the Commando and the whole 25 ton machine takes nosedive into the dirt. The crash is enough to rip of the damaged right arm straight out of the shoulder with it flying through the air and landing several meters next to the mech.

“Cease firing! Cease firing! I surrender!” Comes the comms from the Commando pilot into Rainmakers cockpit.

Clint moves next to the Catapult and opens up with its autocannon. This time instead of hitting Scopes, the shell hit the ground next to him harmlessly.

Same time the Vulcan continues to fire its autocannon at Rainmaker, but yet again the weight of fire fails to achieve any hits on the Phoenix Hawk. In return both Fragrant Flowers and Exorcists Warhammers open up with their PPCs. Four bolts of particles fly towards the machine and several hits are gained. Sparks and particles fly everywhere and as the smoke clears the Vulcan stumbles out of fire with clear hits to center torso, left arm and right leg.

As this is happening, few more pieces of Lyran communications manage to get through the jamming. Situation is clear, the pirates have hit the spaceport and the fighting has started there.

The Map

Comment

• Chief McSwain hears the word that fighting has broken out at the spaceport. However, he knows that he must keep his mind in the here and now, this fighting will have a decisive effect on the overall situation, as losing more than a lance of their better kit will have the pirates reeling. He notices that something seems to be wrong with the catapult, at least temporarily, and makes a quick decision.

"Scopes Flower, Rainmaker, finish off that Vulcan."

"Scopes Exorcist, take out the Clint"

"Scopes, Dragon, watch our flank and six, we'll probably have company soon if they're at the spaceport"

Chief McSwain then switches to the Clint, still maneuvering seemingly at random to make a shot from that AC5 a tough proposition. He starts taking shots as his crosshairs come to bear, knowing that 500m is a near-optimum range for his own AC2s.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• "This is the Ikiryo to the pilot of the Commando. Your surrender will only be accepted if you power down your mech, exit and wait for our ground forces to pick you up. If you do not comply, we will continue firing until you are destroyed."

Akechi pushes his Phoenix Hawk to maximum speed, intent on moving right to to point blank range with the Vulcan. He radios his lance-mates...

"Moving to face the Vulcan up close and personally. Though the Commando has surrendered, be wary of anything from these pirate scum."
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Dragon swore under breath as he caught a blip that barely registered on his sensors, he wasn't sure what it was, but the important takeaway was that something is ahead of him and his teammates, possibly behind that godforsaken hill.

His Hunchback still moving at max speed toward the hill, Dragon called out to Scopes on the comms, "Dragon, Scopes, copy that you got my sensor data. Something is over that hill. No choice but to take a peek. Copy, over."

Dragon very much hopes there's not a lurking Mech behind that hill. Even if there's not a lurking Mech, the pirates still could have called in reinforcements with anti-Mech weapons.

Damn these pirates, they're making Crimson's Rainbow earn its payday the hard way.

Dragon's Orders: Don't go completely over the hill. Just climb up enough to have a view of the land beneath the hill with Hunchback's body shielded by the hill's reverse slope.
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
                  As this is happening, few more pieces of Lyran communications manage to get through the jamming. Situation is clear, the pirates have hit the spaceport and the fighting has started there.
                  What kind of fighting, I wonder.
                  Probably Aerospace, that was inevitable.... but we have a fight to finish here.

Move on to the Clint already? "Very well, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, eh?"

The Vulcan is still in the fight and we have not won this one yet.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• I will update either later today or tomorrow. Pruitts input is only thing missing.

Comment

• Fragrant Flower copies. Target the Vulcan.

Sir Richard

Comment

• I won't be able to update my actions until Sunday evening (the very soonest) after today. More likely Monday.

Comment

• Turn 5

Scopes cockpit yet again screamed missile warning, but yet again no missiles come and the Catapult pushes itself forward trying to reach the range of his medium lasers. Getting into range, the Catapult opens with its four medium lasers at Scopes Blackjack. The four beams cut through the air with two hitting the Blackjack into left hand and left torso damaging the armour slightly.

The Clint pushes forward aggressively and moves behind the Catapult and manages to find a new firing solution on the Blackjack. Clints autocannon fires again with this time hitting the left torso. The whole Blackjack shakes around from the hit and its computer warns that left torsos armour is now low. Clint in return receives fire from Exorcists Warhammer and Scopes Blackjack. The two PPC shots fly through the air, but neither of them hit the fast moving Clint. While not hitting, the Clint pilot knows that his mechs firepower is inferior compared to what they are facing. Scopes takes some aimed shots at the Clint. Bursts of shells hit the Clint in center torso and left torso causing some minor damage.

The Vulcan shaken from the hits decides to engage its jump jets to get away from the Warhammers and Phoenix Hawk. Soaring through the air and landing near the Catapult the whole machine groans from the damage it has taken. Aiming its autocannon at Fragrant Flowers Warhammer the Vulcan fires a burst of fire that hits the Warhammer into its center torso causing minimal damage to it. In return Fragrant Flower returns fire with his own PPCs missing with one, but the second shot hits the Vulcan into right torso punching straight through the armour and opening the internal structures for further damage.

“Alright! Alright! I will power down.”

As Rainmaker started to close the distance to the Vulcan he could see the Commando powering down in his sensors and then seeing the cockpit hatch opening and a pilot scrambling out of it. Same time the Vulcan engaged its jump jets and jumped away closer to rest of the still standing pirate lance. Getting as close as possible Rainmaker opened with his large laser and two medium lasers. The large laser missed the Vulcan, but both medium lasers hit it. First one hits the left arm cutting straight into the internal parts still smoking from the PPC hit and removing the whole hand from the mech. The second beam makes a direct hit into the Vulcans head and nearly gets through the armour there. Having fired his lasers, Rainmaker starts to feel bit hot inside his cockpit.

Dragon moves his Hunchback next to the hill and tries to carefully peak over it. As he starts to see what is behind the hill his sensors flare up as two new blibs appear on it. Several seconds later he sees with his own eyes what the reinforcements are. Another pirate Commando steps into the battlefield with more threatening opponent next to it. What Dragon sees is a Demolisher adorned with bright graffitis, large flags and pair of huge subwoofers blasting 2950s NeoRock.

“Ya reconsider withdrawing, we will spare you if you do so.” The older man in Catapult says on open channel to everyone.

The Map

OOC: Check your ranges, as I think majority of you are within the range of your secondary weapons. If you want to fire them, tell so in the orders as it tends to heat up your mechs somewhat in addition to the already hot environment. Also I presumed you have been moving towards the enemies, but what now as you have reached them? Movement is speed and speed is life.

I will be go to my summer cottage for the rest of the month, but I will take my laptop with me meaning I can update this if my phone (which is rapidly dying) can connect to internet so heads up.

Comment

• Scopes ignores the opportunity to talk to the pirate leader on the open channel, professionals needn't bother themselves with banter.

"Scopes all units, plan is back off and keep the demolisher out of firing range. Rainmaker, jump or cut around behind this main group and let's finish them off now, we can then concentrate on the others at long range."

Having used his very low heat AC2s the entire engagement, Chief McSwain knows he has plenty of heat sinks to spare right now. He triggers off a burst from his own medium lasers at the Catapult, aiming primarily for the missile storage. Immediately he fires his jump jets, leaping to his right as he moves quickly to get between Exorcist and Fragrant Flower and slightly behind the heavier mechs. As soon as he has a shot, he opens up on the Clint again with just his AC2s, letting the heat from his medium laser burst bleed off.....
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

"Scopes all units, plan is back off and keep the demolisher out of firing range. Rainmaker, jump or cut around behind this main group and let's finish them off now, we can then concentrate on the others at long range."
                              Pull back, already? Well... that just wouldn't be Cricket, now would it?
                              (that may have gone out over the net, unintentionally)

He may not act the part, but this guy is a Kuritan, and that kind of training dies hard.
                              The fact is, his Mech does not have a scratch on it yet, unlike all the others around him. That isn't just going to look bad, it could be fatal to the team if this keeps up much longer.

So, my move looks like this;
                              Sidestep right.
                              Target the Catapult, both PPCs, and if he gets within 180 meters (6 standard hexes) then hit him with the SRMs.
                              "Long"-range shots with the Med. Lasers are not really worth the heat, not with this guy in the sweet-spot for PPC fire.

And side-stepping right technically is falling back, it takes me farther from the Demolisher that has everyone so worried.
                              Last edited by The Exorcist; 19 May 18, 01:52.
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Fragrant Flower adds Medium Laser fire to its PC's on the Vulcan. When the Lasers overheat we will **** off the Lasers.

Sir Richard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X