Crimsonís Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
    I will try to update tomorrow or Thursday.
    Right, I have just one thing;

I mentioned our Ground support twice in a more or less ooc way and got no response at all .... and that reminds me of how most of the B.T. culture seems to work; tanks & grunts barely register in the consciousness of the elite of the Mechwarrior gang.
    But that always bothered me, so I'd like to do a little aside;

Marko likes Lt. Zhang, her 'go-to-hell' attitude off duty and confident approach to battle matches his own, a good candidate for a true comrade here, and the combined firepower of that tank Platoon of her's would be a threat to any heavy mech on the field.
    It is also a mystery to him what the assignment of the other platoons might be at this point. The Infantry are probably guarding their base, but the vehicles....

So, before his targeting computer can possibly pick anything up, he keys his transmitter to the Company general frequency; "Dagger Dagger, this is the Exorcist. We are engaging FOUR enemy mechs that we appear to outclass. Watch your six and good luck."

Marko thinks it is unlikely that there are 16 enemy mechs here, the Pirates are here to loot, and that requires vehicles.
    They may also hold something back, but that would require smart Pirates.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Turn 3

With Rainmaker having managed to get away from the pirate fire, it was time for Crimsonís Rainbow to wrestle the initiative away from the pirates. Following orders from Scopes, the lance marched forward towards the pirates or trying to reach the second hill with a purpose of destroying them soon as possible so that they could engage with the rest of the pirates.

Scopes was first in range and opened up with his Blackjacks autocannons at the Catapult. Taking careful aimed shots, he could see some hits on the torso of the Catapult, but he could also see that few of his shots would miss the target. Scopes knew that it would require more than just few hits from his autocannons to bring down that hulking missile spewing monstrosity.

Rainmaker takes his mech towards Scopes and turns it around so that he could fire at the Commando following him. Taking aim carefully and trying to hit the speeding Commando especially to the legs is easier said than done as the large laser Rainmaker fires hits the ground in front of the Commando turning it into glass.

As the Commando swerves left seeing the laser hitting the sand it gets hit by PPC shot from Exorcists Warhammer. The shot nearly takes off the left leg of the Commando with the shot going through the armour instantly into the internals. The Commando shakes and nearly falls over and if you could hear its pilot, he would be cursing heavily and regretting his decision to follow Rainmaker. The second PPC shot goes over the Commandos head, but that is enough for the Commando. Commando fires its weapons at Rainmaker before turning away. Large number of SRM missiles fly towards Rainmaker, but only the medium laser and and two missiles hit Rainmaker on center and left torso causing minor damage on the armour. Before taking the shot, Exorcists tries to communicate with the Armoured Platoon, but he has no idea if the message got through

The Vulcan continues to fire at Rainmaker wildly with hitting only the sand around him. In return Fragrant Flowers Warhammer takes aim at it and lets loose with the two PPCs. To untrained eye it seemed like these shots would hit the Vulcan, but both shots barely miss the target flying off behind it before dissipating.

Clint switches targets to Scopes Blackjack and fires the autocannon. Trying clearly to take an aimed shot at Scopes, the Autocannon/5 shell hits directly into Blackjacks center torso. Large amount of sparks and pieces of metal fly off in all directions and the whole cockpit shakes around from the hit before lighting up from missile lock warning lights. But for some reason the Catapult has decided to not fire its long range weapons.

As the fighting continues no further radio communication is heard and sensors mounted on BattleMechs cannot spot anything, the hills might be obscuring the enemy again.

The Map

OOC: Lt. Zhangs Armoured Platoon is defending the Spaceport while the mech lance is out on patrol. And yes this game is about big BattleMechs with the infantry and vehicles being the supporting actors, but donít worry you might get some tasty combined arms actions in the future.
      Last edited by Senorankka; 10 May 18, 05:04.
      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
      "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Senorankka
        In return the second Warhammer takes aim at it and lets loose with the two PPCs. To untrained eye it seemed like these shots would hit the Vulcan, but both shots barely miss the target flying off behind it before dissipating.
        This is Fragrant Flower?

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• OOC: Yes, edited it to be bit more clearer.

Comment

• No status change for my Hunchback. Continue as instructed before, though it's with fervent hope that the others can hold out for a while.

Dragon won't be surprised if he's the last one to arrive on scene for combat.
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Fragrant Flower continues to fire at the Vulcan. Every 30 seconds it moves forward, to the left or the right. Fire is from stationary position.

Sir Richard
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• "That Clint has an AC10? It's a CLNT-1-2R variant, then. Watch yourselves! It gives up it's jump jets and a medium laser for a bigger brain-basher..."

Rainmaker will continue to focus on the Commando, forgetting the called shots for now. If the Commando moves away, I will pursue until he is either destroyed or he leads me too far from supporting fire. If he's close enough now, I'll add a medium laser to the mix till my heat gets too high.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• OOC: Lt. Zhangs Armoured Platoon is defending the Spaceport while the mech lance is out on patrol. And yes this game is about big BattleMechs with the infantry and vehicles being the supporting actors, but donít worry you might get some tasty combined arms actions in the future.
                  OOC;
                  Gotcha. And it really does not matter if I get a reply, just passing on info.
                  Maybe.
                  I wonder how large a Mech would have to be to mount two a/c5, 2 x LRM-10, and 2 x SRM-6. Is there a mech-builder section in that Sarna thing?

Meanwhile;
                  We seem to be getting spread out and within reach of the two Mechs on the hilltop.
                  That kinda sucks, I will continue at a walk and concentrate on finishing off the pair that are near my mech. Rainmaker should be able to finish off the Commando, so I'd better concentrate on the VL-2
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• OOC: Sorry, the Clint has AC/5. Second small mistake in that update already. Third turn and I am loosing my accuracy already.

And for your Mech idea we are talking about 70+ tons. Stalker is 85 tons with 2x LRM-10s, 2x Large Lasers, 4x Medium Lasers, 2x SRM-6s. With weapons that require ammunition, the required tonnage is big.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
                      OOC: Sorry, the Clint has AC/5. Second small mistake in that update already. Third turn and I am loosing my accuracy already.
                      Don't worry about it, we're the patient type. Just do what you do and it'll work out.

And as for the Clint...I thought it was a great idea to include a variant! Threw me off when he opened up on us.

And for your Mech idea we are talking about 70+ tons. Stalker is 85 tons with 2x LRM-10s, 2x Large Lasers, 4x Medium Lasers, 2x SRM-6s. With weapons that require ammunition, the required tonnage is big.
                      Stalker is a proper mech.
                      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Keep me moving and shooting.

Probably won't have time for anything more than that before the next update.
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                          Stalker is a proper mech.
                          Too much reliance on missiles for an assault mech, IMHO.

I'm going to take a look at Sarna, but if anyone has an easy mech-builder I'd appreciate the link.
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

You can use this link to play with mech loadouts. Though its designed for MechWarrior Online game. However you can find the stock Mechs that we use in our own game.
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              Too much reliance on missiles for an assault mech, IMHO.

I'm going to take a look at Sarna, but if anyone has an easy mech-builder I'd appreciate the link.
                              I'm talking about size and weight. I'm a fan of the big guys.

Comment

• OOC: I have been using this one for my MWO needs. It is made for MWO, so stuff it does is not completely tabletop accurate. But if you want to play around with it, choose whatever mech you want and from tools, choose the stock loadout. MWO was smart in that case by having the tonnage and slots more or less right between variants. It is fun to think about different builds with trying to get your free tonnage and slots used most efficiently. With Helm Memory Core not being found yet, the proper renaissance of technological development hasn't arrived yet. So if you have ideas in mind for future, take that in account along with the fact that the modifications would have to be made inside a dropship.

For example Warhammer with 9 Medium Lasers.

Edit. Cheetah was bit faster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X