Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freebird View Post
    Hida, will you be at Gencon Indy this year?
    The Battletech crew will be doing Alpha Strike demos all weekend
    I am (21st year in a row) and I am going to sign up for some AS demos today. I'm looking at the Alpha Strike Academy event on Thursday at 1pm.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

OOC: I will update tomorrow or Tuesday so little bit more time for this turn.
      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
      "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Turn 2

“Fine by me. Alright lads, let’s bag ourselves a Hawk, FIRE EVERYTHING!”

The older pirate leader practically screamed into the open comms before shutting them and bracing his Catapult. Great amounts of fire belched from the shoulders of the Catapult as missiles raced towards Rainmakers Phoenix Hawk. Huge explosions rocked the land around Rainmaker kicking up dirt and dust and for a while you couldn’t see the 45 ton machine at all. When Rainmaker pushed his groaning Phoenix Hawk out of the dust cloud, you could see that it had taken a hit to left leg and left arm.

After the Rainmaker survived from the dust, he was next targeted by the Clint. Moving steadily forward, Clints AC/5 opened up. Autocannons slugs hit the dirt with single lucky hit hitting the left arm. Phoenix Hawks computer informed Rainmaker that the left arm of his was now without armour, next hit goes to internal structure.

Finally the Vulcan opened with its AC/2. Trying to substitute accuracy with firing wildly, the Vulcan only score one hit to rear torso of Rainmaker.

The pirate Commando accelerated and quickly picked up speed. Commando tries to catch Rainmaker, but both having same maximum speed, catching up doesn’t seem likely at all.

During this Rainmakers zig-zagged around the rocky ground, trying to push his mech forward as fast as possible while making himself as difficult target. Suddenly the big booms of LRM missiles and AC/5 shells stop and only the whizzing sound of much smaller AC/2 shells remained. At that point, Rainmaker knew that he had somehow survived.

Rest of the Augmented Lance pushed their mechs forward, trying to get their guns into the range. The Blackjack and both Warhammers ran forward as did the Hunchback behind the hill. They could only watch as the Phoenix Hawk received the full attention from the pirate lance. Miraculously for them, they saw the Phoenix Hawk come out smoking, but mostly undamaged. The pirate lance moved forward a bit on their hill, but the Commando 2D started to follow Rainmaker's Phoenix Hawk.

As this was happening, few messages got through the jamming, but all of them were Lyran comms. From the patchy messages you got the picture that the air battle between aerospace fighters was happening and that Lyrans weren’t winning it. And in addition you received battlefield data being send to units in the field. The two fast moving lances have bypassed you and are heading towards the spaceport and the slower lance has split off with one part coming towards you and one part continuing forward to the spaceport.

The Map

OOC: Of the enemies currently only the Vulcan with its AC/2 can shoot at Rainmaker, Scopes and barely Fragrant Flower.

Comment

When the Commando gets within range I will open fire. Once it is down we will shift fire to the Vulcan. I am hoping for a mobility hit or two.

Sir Richard
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Well, so much for flanking and scouting...

"Once Ikiryo reaches our comrades, I will turn and provide covering fire to Flower, looking for called shots against the Commando's legs--thinking of salvage here. I will be ready to break off and pursue if our enemies decide to flee from the field of battle. I will use my large laser primarily, only changing over to the less capable weaponry if the range is close.

In addition, I am ready to move off to get a location on the other lances, if necessary" Though splitting our lance up is probably a horribly tragic idea at this time.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

No order changes for me. Just keep moving along the base of hill until I reach the second hill at max speed.
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                Well, so much for flanking and scouting...

"Once Ikiryo reaches our comrades, I will turn and provide covering fire to Flower, looking for called shots against the Commando's legs--thinking of salvage here. I will be ready to break off and pursue if our enemies decide to flee from the field of battle. I will use my large laser primarily, only changing over to the less capable weaponry if the range is close.

In addition, I am ready to move off to get a location on the other lances, if necessary" Though splitting our lance up is probably a horribly tragic idea at this time.
                OOC: I think the mistake was letting you go ahead too far in the front, out of our gun range to be any help to you.
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                  OOC: I think the mistake was letting you go ahead too far in the front, out of our gun range to be any help to you.
                  Meh. I'll think of something more clever to do next time.

One reason why I picked a heavier mech to act as a scout...a bit more forgiving with mistakes.

Comment

OOC: Phoenix Hawk 1K does have the benefit of being just as fast as most light mechs, having average armour, being armed quite heavily and it has only energy weapons which allows it to operate independently from supply lines.

Comment

• "Hey Scopes, maybe slow up a little? If we go for the pair that are moving up, maybe we can lure the Catapult and the Clint down off that hill."

Moving forward, now at the walk. I see a chance to bag a Commando and a Vulkan from long range coming up.
                      Maybe.

And the chatter about airpower reminds me; "I just thought of something those cheap little tanks are good for; flak."
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• "Acknowledged Exorcist. Go for the Commando. Don't overheat with an Alpha Strike though, we'll need the heat reserves for the big fight. Flower, move up to me and fire on the Vulcan, I need him distracted NOW!"

Chief McSwain brings up his targeting systems one-handed and one-eyed, a skill borne of long experience. The other keys up: "Rainmaker, form on me, give the heavies a clear shot at your pursuit and get your front towards the enemy, then fire on the Commando and take it down."

Muttering to himself as he settles his sights on the Catapult, McSwain targets the Left Arm where one of those nice fat and dangerous LRM15 bays sits. "Time to remind them this is a two-way firing range", and he gently brushes the trigger at the moment of stability as his mech briefly halts.
                        Last edited by TacCovert4; 07 May 18, 15:36.
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
                          OOC: Phoenix Hawk 1K does have the benefit of being just as fast as most light mechs, having average armour, being armed quite heavily and it has only energy weapons which allows it to operate independently from supply lines.
                          That's why I selected it. Instead of a King Crab.

Comment

• "Fragrant Flower will move up to Scopes and start firing at the Vulcan, Acknowledged."

Sir Richard
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• "I will move to intercept the Commando one on one, face to face when their larger units shift their attention away from me. I will stick with Flower until then."

Comment

• I will try to update tomorrow or Thursday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X