Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I will comply."

Akechi kicks Ikiryo's jump jets on, falling back toward his lance, then moving at full speed.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

"Scopes, Dragon, Roger, over," Dragon said on his comms, as he continued to move at max speed along the base of the hill before reaching for the second hill. After receiving the sensor data from Rainmaker, which then showed up on his own sensor and seeing all enemy targets identified, he knew it is now important to target the Catapult first.
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

OOC: Sadly your Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K doesn't have jump jets, but turning back and going full speed is very doable.
        From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
        Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
        "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Scopes to Exorcist and Flower. Get to PPC range and let fly. Kill the Clint and the Catapult and we take the initiative. Try to not blast that Catapult all to hell, I actually would like to have it.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Acknowledged, Fragrant Flower out.

Sir Richard
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              Scopes to Exorcist and Flower. Get to PPC range and let fly. Kill the Clint and the Catapult and we take the initiative. Try to not blast that Catapult all to hell, I actually would like to have it.
              I thought I was in range...

I can't see a single hex of any kind on that map, and the 100-meter thing is not any help... a PPC has a range of 18 hexes, but what is it now?

I would also prefer to draw the pirate down towards us, down off that hill so that it will be harder for them to run away... as Pirates are apt to do when they start to lose.

How do we do Battletech with no hexes?
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

OOC: By converting the scale. We know that one hex is 30m in tabletop and going with 3 hexes = 100m should work and be simple enough. PPCs 18 hex range means max range of 600 meters. I measured and your Warhammer is 1100m from the Catapult.

Next time I edit the map, I will make the scale ruler bigger and better.

Edit. Don't worry, this is the first fight where things are tested and hammered down.

Comment

You are approximately 6 inches away from your primary target. One hundred yards is a hair over half an inch. That is roughly 1250 to 1300 yards away. We need a quick and dirty way to measure distance and it would be nice to know what ranges our weapons have.

Pruitt
                  Last edited by Pruitt; 05 May 18, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                    Battletech does have a lot of good meat to it, and a long history.

Sarna.net is a good source for technical information. The new Battletech game is outstanding (though a bit different from tabletop play). I haven't played Alpha Strike rules for Battletech, but they appeal to me more than the classic rules, as I'm getting too old and lazy for bean-counting detail in games anymore. .
                    Hida, will you be at Gencon Indy this year?
                    The Battletech crew will be doing Alpha Strike demos all weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
                      OOC: By converting the scale. We know that one hex is 30m in tabletop and going with 3 hexes = 100m should work and be simple enough. PPCs 18 hex range means max range of 600 meters. I measured and your Warhammer is 1100m from the Catapult.
                      Well, I better get moving forward then, at the run I should be in range by the turn after the next one.
                      Are they using partial cover?
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Can Dragon fire on the Catapult yet?

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          Can Dragon fire on the Catapult yet?

Pruitt
                          No, I only have 4x ML and 2x SRM-6, both are medium range weapons designed ideally for close combat fights.

The longest ranged weapon is either an autocannon or LRM. PPCs can also be included as well. Maybe a large laser could do the job.
                          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

We're all closing, except Rainmaker which needs to be opening the distance, and Dragon, which needs to maintain rear guard until the action closes up a bit. Goal is to hit their two long-range platforms (the Clint and the Catapult) while trying to keep from taking too much damage ourselves.
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

OOC: They are all in open. No real cover there.

Comment

Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
                                OOC: Sadly your Phoenix Hawk PXH-1K doesn't have jump jets, but turning back and going full speed is very doable.
                                OH. Duh, that's right. I chose a variant model. My bad.
                                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Working...
                                X