No announcement yet.

Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Chief Warrant Officer McSwain, could you please introduce yourself to others. Would be beneficial if others knew their ranking NCO."

Captain Harding gives questioning look to the old man.
    From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
    "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

The chief gives the captain a look that screams "this is what I have to work with?" Then nods and turns to them.

"Chief McSwain. I'll be handling logistics and fire support. Make sure you have your next of kin forms filled out, so someone can collect your final pay. And don't break anything expensive."
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        The chief gives the captain a look that screams "this is what I have to work with?" Then nods and turns to them.

"Chief McSwain. I'll be handling logistics and fire support. Make sure you have your next of kin forms filled out, so someone can collect your final pay. And don't break anything expensive."
        Nemes laughed, "This is rich, coming from a guy whose professional life mostly consist of breaking things.....both 'Mechs and men....literally." Nemes grins slightly and nods at Chief McSwain.
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Captain Harding gave semi-annoyed look back to the old veteran and continued.

“Chief Warrant Officer McSwain is handling the logistical paperwork and bureaucracy until we have managed to find a proper dedicated clerk for that task. He as said is also ranking NCO among you, so during combat he is in lead of your lance.”

Captain Harding pauses for a second before pointing at the screen on the wall. On the screen pops out information regarding the contract.

“Introductions being over, let's talk about our current contract. Officially Crimson’s Rainbow has been contracted to act as Opfor for the 11th Arcturan Guards stationed on Timbuktu. This training mission is one part of our job and we get to mingle with the local troops so have your eyes and ears open, you might learn something from them. This contract is for six months with option to continue it if we are still needed.

The not official part is to bolster the defense of Timbuktus capital city Greene against the potential pirate attacks. The local Timbuktu Merchants Guild has grown worried about the attacks that has been happening in recent years against nearby Lyran worlds and Timbuktu itself. 11th Arcturan Guards were too slow to react to the latest attack and the pirates who call themselves Steel Talons got away with goods worth of tens of millions. The Merchants Guild hopes that by having us directly deployed at Greenes spaceport, the pirate attack can't reach their destination and the 11th Arcturan Guards have enough time to deploy in strength and destroy the pirates before they can escape. Basically we are the anvil and Lyrans are the hammer.

I was told that success of our mission, both the training and guarding the spaceport are of utmost importance. Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces are still rebuilding themselves after the Third Succession War and Timbuktu is important location for the trade. By accomplishing both tasks, Lyran military and merchants will be extremely happy with us. If we do our jobs well, our chance to get new contracts from them grow as does your chance to get better salary.”

“We will be in transit for five days before we arrive to Timbuktu and land to Greene. Now is the time to prepare for our task and ask the questions.”

Captain Harding gives the look that he is waiting for any questions to rise.
          Last edited by Senorankka; 30 Apr 18, 16:33. Reason: Forgot the length of the contract

Comment

A hard look flashes through those blue eyes....loss....anger...regret? "Only rookies judge victory by the breakage....they've not spoken to empty graves of vaporized legends. Victory is bringing everyone home."

Comment

Nemes raised his hand in air, "Yeah, I got a question for ya. I'm going to need authorization from you to enter the Mech bay and check on my 'Mech. I understand from your orders, I'm to be issued a Hunchback HBK-4SP, with 4x M-Lasers and 2x SRM6. I wanna take a look at it and have a conversation with the mechanics. The last thing I need is finding out in the midst of battle one of my lasers didn't work because the mechanic forget to wire it into the system out. And oh, obviously this is important to each of us, how are we getting paid out of this contract?"

Then he quickly added as he turned to Chief McSwain, "Just so we don't misunderstand each other, I was referring to you breaking ENEMY Mechs and ENEMY Mechwarriors."
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

“Chief Mechanic Karlsson is in charge of the mech bay, so you need to ask a permission from him to enter. He is very reasonable man and you should be able check the BattleMechs. Just try to give him and his crew room to work, he is quite busy man.

The salary will be paid monthly in C-Bills to the account you have provided to my company. ComStar will take care of the transaction if the C-Bills have to be sent elsewhere in Inner Sphere. Getting paid relies on us doing our jobs well. This contract is good, but most of the profits will go to paying our debts away. In addition we have 50% salvage rights for whatever we manage to destroy or capture.”

OOC: The standard salary of mechwarrior is around 18000-19000 C-Bills annually with officers and veterans earning more. Going by the backgrounds, TacCovert and Cheetah earn 25k, Hida 22k~, Pruitt and Exorcist 18k~ C-bills annually. In 2016 USD 1 C-Bill is 10,90$ so you would be making around 272k USD annually as comparison. MechWarriors are paid quite well. If you want to track your salary, so be it, but I presume you always having enough cash to acquire anything RP related that is reasonable.

Edit. That is the basic salary if you don't own the mech. If you do, then the salary is of course higher. The merc company gets some of that high salary back from maintaining and repairing the mech for the combat of course.
                Last edited by Senorankka; 30 Apr 18, 17:41.

Comment

"50% salvage? Hontōni? That seems generous. And I'm not complaining about it."

OOC: Will it be possible to save up C-bills and purchase the mech I'm piloting, or buy another one?
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

How much extra will I get for owning my mech?

Sir Richard
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

“Yes, 50% salvage rights. As I said this contract will be quite profitable if we do our jobs well. But first we have to beat our potential enemies to get some salvage and then negotiate what we want and what Lyrans want.”

OOC: Easiest way to own a mech is either to be rich from the start or from rebuilding a salvaged mech. Buying a mech with your standard salary would take you decades, but there are always bonuses, taking a debt and other money sources like Solaris 7.

How much Pruitt and Exorcist are making on top of the salary is harder to calculate. It completely depends on the amount of maintenance and refitting required. We are talking of very old BattleMechs and they require a lot of maintenance to keep them running. Think them as WW2 warbirds or early jets that are kept on flying. All parts are basically handmade and fitted. In terms of this game, the salary isn't that important. All of you are part of that small lucky force of MechWarriors that make really good money for their expertise.

Comment

Good enough. Thanks.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
                          How much Pruitt and Exorcist are making on top of the salary is harder to calculate. It completely depends on the amount of maintenance and refitting required. We are talking of very old BattleMechs and they require a lot of maintenance to keep them running. Think them as WW2 warbirds or early jets that are kept on flying. All parts are basically handmade and fitted. In terms of this game, the salary isn't that important. All of you are part of that small lucky force of MechWarriors that make really good money for their expertise.
                          That's fine, I'll just consider it to be something that covers maintenance and half of the combat-repairs, right?
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Chief McSwain tosses a datapad onto a table beside the bar, then walks around behind it and snags a bottle of bourbon. Pouring himself a glass, he sits at the table and gets to work.....

Comment

Wrote a bit about rest of the characters in Crimson's Rainbow that most likely will end up engaging with you in some way. These forces will be NPCs and you don't have control over them, but they will be supporting you. Story continues either tomorrow or Thursday.

Crimson’s Rainbow Characters

Chief Engineer Johan Karlsson

Johan Karlsson, callsign “Norseman”, has been mech technician for most of his life. Coming from Rasalhague, he went to university to learn physics. Dropping before graduation due to his connections to Tyr Resistance Movement, he left the Draconis Combine and joined Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces as technician. There he met Matthew Harding and they became friends. Johan Karlsson followed Captain Harding when he decided to go freelance.

Karlsson is careful man whose opinion Captain Harding listens. He hates when people linger in his mech bay without a task.

1st Lieutenant Hoffman

Markus Hoffman, callsign “The Hoff”, comes from military family from Lyran Commonwealth. His job in Crimson’s Rainbow is the lead the 1st Infantry Platoon and guard the company property when stationed somewhere. He was a member of military police before joining Captain Harding due to getting paid better as mercenary. While young, he is skilled soldier and leads his platoon effectively.

Hoffman is proud man, but he is quick to anger when people litter or don’t act according to their rank.

1st Lieutenant Zheng

Mary Zheng, callsign “Dagger”, is a former member of Capellan Confederation Armed Forces. In CCAF she lead an armoured platoon and was on a road to success. She still decided to join Crimson’s Rainbow for unknown reasons. In Crimson’s Rainbow, her task is to lead the Armoured Lance.

Zheng is quite casual and easy going. Outside combat her crew is usually seen not following the regulations, but during combat she is a full professional.

Crimson’s Rainbows Forces

Infantry Platoon - The Hoff
                              -30 men with rifles
                              -2 Support Machine Guns
                              -2 Support Lasers

Armoured Platoon - Dagger
                              -2 Scorpion Light Tanks
                              -2 Striker Fire Support Vehicles.

OOC: It is beneficial for the company to have their BattleMechs in running order. So yeah, owning the mech is beneficial, but losing it can be quite bad thing.

Comment

We have no aerospace assets? Might be something we look into hiring sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X