No announcement yet.

Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, what kind of spare parts do you suggest for a Warhammer? Do we need to replace the PC cannon ammo used?

Sir Richard
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      True, definite possibility. I like the idea of getting a spare mech, as one of ours going down is probably a likelihood at some point.

I would argue to the Lyrans that they WANT the Commando. And offer that in exchange for NOT claiming the Commando as is our right, they consider the Vulcan to only be 20%. It is going to require significant work after all, and we could always claim the commando wrecks and leave them with something that they don't want and have little facility to maintain......

20% the Demolisher. No denying that Zheng would gain a lot of staying power with that bruiser. Not good on the range, but it'll give us less to worry about if we know that a mech trying to run in on her platoon will likely get waxed in short order. She can hire new crewers for it.

20% Salvaged Heavy Weapons/kit. This covers the support lasers that the infantry wants, plus it gives us some stock for replacing future damage or upgrading our mechs.

5% Spare Parts, so we can repair our own stuff that's damaged.

And we'll take the rest as C-Bills, make our payments, tack on a small principal payment to cut back on our expenses long-term, and save some.
      I doubt the Lyrans will go along with your logic there, but give it a try if you like. Why so much emphasis on spare parts, are we headed for the Periphery next?

But I really think we need the cash, for a variety of reasons.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• OOC: PPCs are great weapons, they hit hard and most importantly don't use ammunition. PPCs are hot so most mechs, especially mediums lack ability to Alpha Strike and has to choose between single PPC or their secondary weapons. Thankfully Warhammers have enough heat sinks to fire both PPCs and stay heat neutral.

Good discussion here, I will update on Sunday or Monday. If any questions please go ahead and ask.
        From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
        Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
        "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• I would argue to the Lyrans that they WANT the Commando. And offer that in exchange for NOT claiming the Commando as is our right, they consider the Vulcan to only be 20%. It is going to require significant work after all, and we could always claim the commando wrecks and leave them with something that they don't want and have little facility to maintain......In fact, we will take as high as 23% on the Vulcan but if the Lyrans want to balk over 2%, then they can spend their own funds to repair THEIR Vulcan and we walk with the Commando at the 25%. I want the difference in cash for debt service and future funds. Considering that to properly refit the Vulcan they'd have to pay for a lot of transport and repair costs, and to rebuild the Commando they can do that on their own at minimal cost, 2-3% shouldn't be an issue for them. I'll start at 5% discount for us taking the Vulcan, and bargain with an expectation of getting 3%.....taking 2% at an absolute minimum.....the Lyrans sort of showed their hand on which they'd prefer, I intend to make them pay a little for it.

20% the Demolisher. No denying that Zheng would gain a lot of staying power with that bruiser. Not good on the range, but it'll give us less to worry about if we know that a mech trying to run in on her platoon will likely get waxed in short order. She can hire new crewers for it.

5% Spare Parts, so we can repair our own stuff that's damaged.

And that'll be our 50%.....Demolisher, Vulcan (if they bargain, Commando if they want to be stubborn), Spare Parts, (Cash for whatever they bargain down on with the Vulcan).
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• “You drive a hard bargain, but it is true. For us to refurbish the Vulcan we would have to ship it off-world. We could maybe give it to Armed Forces of Federated Suns, but that would be too much of a hassle for us. So be it, I will agree on your terms.”

Major Braunstein writes down several lines on the forms, ticks few boxes and presents you the final result. Crimson’s Rainbow will receive following salvage.

-Vulcan VL-2T missing a cockpit and left arm
            -Demolisher
            -Minor amount of heat sinks, spare parts and moderate amount of armour plating
            -200,000 C-Bills

“Remember, we do not do these changes normally so this comes with a caveat. We want you to work for us and in our benefit after your current contract ends. I cannot talk about the future contracts now, but you will know one thing. You will be fighting for Lyran Commonwealth and if required, die for Lyran Commonwealth.”

“It was pleasure to do business with you, but now I have something else to do. We will see each other later.” Major Braunstein said and saluted you before leaving.

A week went fast as you got back to the standard rhythm of the daily chores and training the Lyran troops with the mechs you had in working shape. The highpoint of the week was when Donegal Broadcasting Company aired a report of the fighting in Timbuktu. Hailing it as a great victory against pirates, the two Warhammers of the Crimson’s Rainbow were seen standing next the salvage taken from the battle and guarding it. After seeing this, Lt. Zheng made you to buy the next round of beers, you glory hogs.

Few things have to be decided on. Chief Engineer Karlsson is ready to repair the Vulcan VL-2T and make one bigger modification on one of your mechs. This is one possibility to do some changes and improve your BattleMechs. You now have some salvage, do you have anything special for them in mind other than hiring crews for them? And you have a nice small sum of 700,000 C-Bills as cash to spend or save for future.

OOC: Few more choices. This after mission bookkeeping might take some time, but now you form the company into direction you want. Also I will start writing the debrief by Captain Harding and the new contract choices you will receive. I have already thought all this, so writing is just required.

Comment

• Chief McSwain will heat proposals for modifying mechs.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• My mech is fine for the time being. Though I do court the idea of upgrading the large laser to a ppc, just not sure what I'm willing to sacrifice for the exchange.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• OOC: No one have any ideas for upgrades or even minor changes? I will conjure something together if there are no suggestions or ideas. I will try to update tomorrow as I have been relatively busy this week due to work and not having much energy to do computer stuff at all.

Comment

• Is there a better model PPC available? I just don't see a better upgrade for my Mech.

Sir Richard
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                      Is there a better model PPC available? I just don't see a better upgrade for my Mech.

Sir Richard
                      Until ER PPCs are (re)discovered or stumbled upon in some hidden cache somewhere, you'll have to rely on models of PPCs that are just better designed/constructed. They'll all still have the same stats, though.
                      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Yeah, at this tech-level there isn't much we can do. I picked a mech that is already a variant of the standard type.... all I could do is dump some minor weapons and get jump jets, a stunt I don't need to engage in.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Captain Harding had asked you all to come to meeting room for a debrief. He had reviewed the combat cams and read the reports done after the battle. As you trickled into the room you saw Captain Harding talking to someone else you didn’t recognize, a new hire?

“Good evening everyone. I have watched seen your combat cams and I am reasonably happy with your performance. Hiring you wasn’t a mistake.

Our forces here at spaceport did their job as intended. Lt. Hoffmans infantry hold their ground and protect our assets in the hangar while Lt. Zhengs Scorpions and Strikers struck back at long range. Lt. Zheng did take some damage due to exposing herself to the fire and not taking advantage of her long range which was a mistake. You don’t really have much armour to spare. All in all this combination of hammer and anvil worked very well. With the addition of Demolisher into Lt. Zhengs platoon, our staying and striking power grows.

In turn you, my MechWarriors, performed well. You fought against numerically superior foe and losing number of your mechs was within reality. But you managed to beat the pirates, which probably saved the spaceport from further damage. Still there are few things I need to comment.

Chief Warrant Officer McSwain, you lead the lance well to the victory, but you pushed too much forward and allowed the pirates to target you instead of the two much more stronger and armoured Warhammers we have. Your experience as a MechWarrior shows and it is good to have with us, but in the future try to get the prisoners alive. They are a good source of intelligence for us.

Sir Pruitt and Count Raimius you did your jobs well. Both Warhammers form very strong combination and we saw that in the battle. The Vulcan we captured was nearly knocked out in one volley from you. Act in unison and your enemies will fall.

Chu-i Akechi you performed well. While you took unnecessary damage at the start of the battle, your aggressiveness was effective. Try to avoid getting targeted by the whole enemy lance in the future, it would be bad to lose you.

Finally Sergeant Major Nemes, you nearly died and your Hunchback is wrecked. Your plan of using the hill as cover was a good, but the appearance of the reinforcements, I would say threw a spanner into your plan. Thankfully you didn’t die and we saw how well the Hunchback can work on short range.

All in all I am happy with your performance as an augmented lance. In the future build your plans around your Warhammers acting as mobile firebase and push towards the enemy to allow Hunchback to deal with them. And with us having the Vulcan and Demolisher augmenting our vehicles you can be sure to receive better support from them.”

With that Captain Harding stopped talking and allowed Chief Engineer Karlsson to say what he had in his mind.

“The Hunchback got trounced, but thankfully it didn’t lose anything important that I can’t replace easily. It will take several weeks, but my team can get the Hunchback into good shape while we wait for the replacement cockpit and arm for the Vulcan. Outside that we are going to do full maintenance checks for rest of our equipment. That is all”

Captain Harding continues.

“Thank you Chief Engineer Karlsson. Finally we have a new hire. After receiving this contract, I had put out an enquiry for a MechWarrior with a light mech to act as scout and important partner to Chu-i Akechis Phoenix Hawk. Few weeks ago, but too late for our fight, I managed to find him. Let me introduce the latest hire to Crimson’s Rainbow, Sergeant Major James Dashwood, callsign Legs piloting Jenner JR7-D. It will be a pleasure to work with you”

Captain Harding steps back to allow Dashwood to introduce himself.

OOC: Welcome our sixth and most likely final player Dashy to the game. The addition of Jenner D and veteran pilot will be a very interesting addition to your forces.
                          Sorry for this update taking some time to get out. I need to think a better, faster way to solve these post-mission updates. We are here to do big mech stuff, not AccountantTech!

Comment

• "Welcome aboard, Dashwood!"
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Dashwood steps forward, and the origin of his call-sign is pertinently apparent, he has two myomer legs, articulated like a raptors (or a CPLT for you mech-heads). He's an older chap, full face whiskers that barley cover an irrepressible grin.

"Tally ho lads, I'm a former crawler like this lass, however I've moved into mech-work. I used to fight for the suns but I've decided I can get more cbills doing Merc jobs. My Jenner can hit some speed, racking up to near 120 KPH, while still having the punch of 4 medium lasers and a SRM-4. I figure I can find our opponents and flank after the engagement has begun, so long as I don't have to tank too many hits, I don't fancy changing my callsign to arms and legs"
                              Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

• (ooc- Wow, your really back? Its been a while!)

Originally posted by Dashy View Post
                                "Tally ho lads, I'm a former crawler like this lass, however I've moved into mech-work. I used to fight for the suns but I've decided I can get more cbills doing Merc jobs. My Jenner can hit some speed, racking up to near 120 KPH, while still having the punch of 4 medium lasers and a SRM-4. I figure I can find our opponents and flank after the engagement has begun, so long as I don't have to tank too many hits, I don't fancy changing my callsign to arms and legs"
                                "Oh boy, are we glad to see you. As you may have heard, our more mobile mech got caught alone in a tricky situation. Now... huh." A thought makes him look to the Captain.
                                "Six mechs now, maybe that means a reorganization is possible? Instead of one large Lance, how about two lances of 3 Mechs each? I'm not sure how that would be for the Fast Lance, but the Hunchback has exactly the same mobility as our Warhammers."

Just a thought, its more of a casual remark than a serious idea.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X