No announcement yet.

Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC: This negotiation will be between Crimson’s Rainbow and Timbuktu Merchants Guild/Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. Due to you being the one fighting, you get to choose first the 50% you want. Also has everyone forgotten the Vulcan Rainmaker managed to pop in the head.
    From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
    "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• I think priorities are the demolisher for Zhang and then either the Vulcan or the commando. Even as a backup mech they're useful. After that enough kit to make good the damage.

Sen if you could list the damage for me, that would help in selecting from the piece salvage.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• At this time, I'll take what is needed to buff out the scratches on my mech, plus the c-bills I am owed. Spare heat sinks, medium lasers and large lasers will be nice, just in case.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Any chance of upgrading my Warhammer WHM 6 K?

Sir Richard
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• As evening started to arrive, the command personnel of Crimson’s Rainbow, including bandaged Dragon made their way towards the HQ of Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces on Timbuktu. As the staff cars slowed down in front of it, you could see the regimental standard of 11th Arcturan Guards flying next to the Lyran flag. Stepping inside the building you received a share of looks from officers and approving nods from enlisted personnel. Quickly you were shepherded into a meeting room where two people waited for you. There was short, somewhat overweight man in very expensive suit and this archetype of a soldier, a man whose jaw so sharp it could cut a diamond and whose shoulders rival that of an Atlas.

“Good evening mercenaries, I am Major Braunstein of Lyran Intelligence Corps and I will be debriefing you. This right here is the representative of Timbuktu Merchants Guild Count Nikolaus and I bet he has something to say to you as well. Please sit down and enjoy the coffee and cake.”

The next hour went slowly as Major Braunstein went through what happened in the battle around the city and what the results were. 11th Arcturan Guards took light casualties in men, vehicles and battlemechs, but the casualties would have been much higher without Rainbow managing to stop the pirate lance. In addition the training you had provided to Lyrans lowered the casualties considerably. In the eyes of Lyrans, Crimson’s Rainbow did a good job in training.

“From the prisoners we managed to capture, we didn’t manage to get much information. The leaders decided to not talk and and they will be executed later and the common pirates couldn’t tell much that we didn’t already know. Few things were revealed that are important thought. The Catapult you destroyed belonged to pirate lieutenant called “Salvo”. Salvo was one of the highest ranking Steel Talon lieutenants and he lead multiple raids to Lyran controlled territory, killing him is a major setback to Steel Talons and you will be receiving the 50,000 C-Bill bounty he had on his head. We are still processing more information, but this is what we can tell you now.”

After some time it was Count Nikolaus time to talk.

“I will keep this short. Timbuktu Merchants Guild is gracious for your action for saving the spaceport from pirates and securing our valuable property. We are going to spread word that Crimson’s Rainbow is reliant and effective partner to other merchants and we wish to be able to work together in the future.”

Count Nikolaus excused himself and left you to decide on the salvage. Major Braunstein spread bunch of papers on the table descripting what salvage was available from your battlefield. The fighting in the spaceport didn’t produce much or it was already claimed by the enthusiastic Lyrans.

-25% Two Commando wrecks, enough to construct working one and leave some spare parts over
            -25% Vulcan without cockpit and left arm
            -20% Demolisher with some damage
            -20% LRM15, AC-5, 4 Medium Lasers, Ammunition
            -5% Minor amount of heat sinks, spare parts and moderate amount of armour plating
            -5% Moderate amount of scrap turned directly to C-Bills (500,000)

Notes from characters and GM

-Major Braunstein knows you have the first pick of the salvage, but he would prefer if you left the Commando to them. Lyrans have the facilities to build and maintain Commandos and they would prefer to have a mech they value over Vulcan. Demolisher is fine for them too.
            -Captain Harding reminds you that while we have space for new mechs or vehicles we lack trained crews for them. Hiring crews is not hard, but getting experienced crew is.
            -Chief Engineer Karlsson can repair the damage you have received without the salvage, but having spare parts and extra armour plating would be beneficial if Rainbow is forced to operate away from friendly supply lines. He also reminds you that he can get all mechs to 100% during our current contract easily and he has time for one major modifying or reconstructing operation. This means he could reconstruct Commando, fix and modify the Vulcan or perform bigger modification to one of your mechs. Anything else would require proper facilities or more time.
            -Lt. Zheng would love to have that Demolisher, but she lacks trained crew for it.
            -Lt. Hoffman has asked to replace his short range Support Lasers with Heavy Support Lasers which are modified Medium Lasers, this conversion could be done quite easily. This would turn the infantry platoon to even more defence oriented type.

-Scrap to C-Bills is an option if you want to have more options outside what salvage you receive. I will also note that you have some “extra cash” which you can spend in the future. You can also turn the salvaged weapons into C-Bills if you want.
            -All MechWarriors will receive their pay just like their contracts say so the salvage received will be company property.
            -At the moment Crimson’s Rainbow doesn’t exactly have any extra cash. All revenue goes to running and maintaining the company with enough saved to allow several months long season of having no contract or having to travel long distances.

You have 50% of salvage to fill, so discuss what to choose. If your choices go over/under 50% the difference will be paid in C-Bills to you or to Lyrans. So technically you can choose not to take any salvage and sell your share directly to Lyrans which will give Crimson’s Rainbow reasonably large amount of C-Bills. The question is, do you want to grow high and stay small, or acquire new troops and equipment to become more efficient and effective. Remember, the time period is still 3025 and pre-Helm Memory Core, the markets for BattleMechs are not that big.

OOC: I will give you several days to discuss what do you want from the salvage and what choices do you want to make. These negotiations are the important ones that will shape the direction to which Crimson's Rainbow grows as a mercenary company. If you have any questions, I will check the thread often and I will try to answer the questions as well as I can.

Yes, you can make changes to your Warhammer, but I suggest that you discuss this with your lancemates first. As a rule of thumb, I can give greenlight to simple modifications for example removing smaller weapons for more armour and heat sinks or changing weapon to another that is reasonable. Pre-Helm Memory Core in the lore, even the proper engineers in proper facilities had difficulties in changing armaments. For bigger changes you would require proper factory refit if it is outside already known standard model.

Comment

• I will assume that what is below is 6 relatively equal piles and we can have 3 of them, so my vote goes for -

-25% Two Commando wrecks, enough to construct working one and leave some spare parts over
              -25% Vulcan without cockpit and left arm - YES
              -20% Demolisher with some damage - maybe ?
              -20% LRM15, AC-5, 4 Medium Lasers, Ammunition - maybe ?
              -5% Minor amount of heat sinks, spare parts and moderate amount of armour plating
              -5% Moderate amount of scrap turned directly to C-Bills (500,000) - YES

- Okay, I don't like Vulcans, so I was trying to ignore it, but it probably won't be hard to find an arm in that weight class and if a cockpit can be found, maybe it will be worth while. Since the Lyrans want the Commandos, might as well let them go.
              - We need the Cash. This is a Merc unit, so there is no way around that, and cold hard cash can be used immediately instead of bargained away.

I don't know which way to jump with that stuff in the middle. Is it really so hard to recruit tankers on a near-periphery backwater world?
              The weapons seem valuable and the Infantry could use help too, but putting a couple of lasers in the hands of the grunts seems to be a poor alternative to gaining a couple of A/C 20s behind massive armor plate.
              Maybe half a dozen Infantry can start to learn to be tankers? spread them around the other tanks and put experienced tankers into the Demolisher, perhaps?

I dunno, that's just my 2 cents... so don't jump me if I got anything wrong.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• OOC: The percentage is there so that you have an idea when you have reached 50% of your salvage, so taking Commandos and Vulcan puts you to 50% and you can't take anything else.

While Lt. Hoffmans platoon has few people who would like to become tankers, Hoffman wouldn't be a happy man. In addition they would have to be trained from the start. You can find new tankers here and they would be better than what Hoffmans grunts are, but they still would be greener than Zhengs current personnel.

Comment

• Has anyone forgotten that my Hunchie's right leg is blown out? I'm going to need spare parts and armor plating to make my leg whole again

5% spare parts and armor plating
                  5% c-bills from selling scrap
                  20% weapons and ammo
                  20% demolisher

Dragon
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• OOC: As Chief Engineer Karlsson said, you don't need the spare parts option now to repair the damage, but having spare parts in the future can be beneficial. Hunchback can be repaired and it will be in 100% condition at the end of this contract in two months, but now would be the perfect chance to modify it if you want to do it.
                    ​​​​​

Comment

• If anything, we can strip the useful stuff off of the Demolisher and put it into storage. Primarily the autocannons, ammunition, computers and targeting systems, communications, radar, and heat sinks.
                      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• True, definite possibility. I like the idea of getting a spare mech, as one of ours going down is probably a likelihood at some point.

I would argue to the Lyrans that they WANT the Commando. And offer that in exchange for NOT claiming the Commando as is our right, they consider the Vulcan to only be 20%. It is going to require significant work after all, and we could always claim the commando wrecks and leave them with something that they don't want and have little facility to maintain......

20% the Demolisher. No denying that Zheng would gain a lot of staying power with that bruiser. Not good on the range, but it'll give us less to worry about if we know that a mech trying to run in on her platoon will likely get waxed in short order. She can hire new crewers for it.

20% Salvaged Heavy Weapons/kit. This covers the support lasers that the infantry wants, plus it gives us some stock for replacing future damage or upgrading our mechs.

5% Spare Parts, so we can repair our own stuff that's damaged.

And we'll take the rest as C-Bills, make our payments, tack on a small principal payment to cut back on our expenses long-term, and save some.

Comment

• Does that look acceptable to everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                            Does that look acceptable to everyone?
                            I like your suggestion. I agree to it. Extra C-Bills can be used toward hiring experienced tank crew for Lt. Zhang's new toy. In long term, we're going to want to increase our auxiliary support. Big Mechs can't do everything by themselves.

As much I like having more Mechs, I think for now, we need to focus on increasing our stockpile of spare parts, different weapons and ammunition, so that we can adapt to different mission parameters.
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Oh I am all for upgrading our mechs as well as upgrading us to Better mechs (got my eyes on a few myself lol).

But for the moment I think that having some cash in the bank to tide us over, a spare mech in the bays (even if it's not what any of us really want) and an upgrade to our support structure is a good path.

1) We have a spare, so if one of us has to eject there's something to ride in the next engagement even if there's not time or resources to repair.
                              2) We aren't so much desperate as strapped for cash.
                              3) We have a support force that can protect itself adequately. With MLs and the Demolisher I have a lot more confidence in our two supporting platoons being able to sort things out on their own. When they can protect themselves and not need us then we don't have to worry about them. As it stands now, if the Lyrans hadn't also been back there in force we would have had to withdraw to our supporting arms and handle the whole mess ourselves with their support rather than striking out before the enemy was concentrated and being able to seriously maul them at range with what could be considered relatively minor breakage considering the sum total of what we were up against. I'd like for our support to be able to do that without needing local help, and I think that they can with those MLs and that Demolisher to backstop them.

Comment

• Sekkie said we only have time for one major modifying operation, so that's something we all need to discuss. We need to take this opportunity to make a better Mech out of a stock Mech.

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X