No announcement yet.

Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh [email protected], thought Dragon as he saw that now there are three pirates all converging on him from three directions. It appears that his initial plan of keeping their attention divided worked out too well for his own sake. Now, he needs his teammates more than ever, coming to his aid before his Mech explodes amid the barrage of lasers, missiles, and shells.

"Dragon to all lance mates, I repeat, all lance mates, I need help! I got three pirates on my a$$! I'm now backpedaling, to stay in front where my armor is thickest. Come quickly!"

Dragon will quickly backpedal toward his lance mates. He will open fire on the Commando which scaled the hill first. Time to loose an Alpha Strike (assuming his SRM6 is now in the range). Following that, he will switch to medium lasers as soon the Demolisher crests the hill. The Clint is Dragon's last priority target.

Dragon now found himself staring at the ejection button, Is it too short to eject? Meat is cheap, save the metal? thought Dragon. Nevertheless, he pushed the thought to the back of his mind, focusing on one problem at a time. He thinks he's got a shot at staying alive as long his lance mates come to his aid quickly and good shooting got themselves this far. So....
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• OOC: I will try to update on Friday evening. Just Tacs and Exorcists inputs are required. You have managed to beat half of the Pirate Lance, but with Demolisher lurking behind the hill, the battle isn't over yet.
      This new forum is good for the stability of the site, but this is so bright!
      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
      "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Scopes lays back at long range and fires his AC2s on the nearest target. He has no intentions of getting close again this fight, his mech is best for the long-fight anyway and he's done all honor requires for the Leader to get stuck in.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Options get limited sometimes, it looks as if all I can do is move up and get some shots in at the closest enemy mech, i may even have to run to do it.

Times like this is when having a Heavy mech ain't so great.

Dragon; why panic? Just do some fancy foot-work and do what your mech is best at; dishing out mega-damage at close range. This is your moment to shine!
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Turn 7

Dragon is in a pickle. Commando, Clint and Rock n’ Roll Demolisher are closing in. He debates about ejecting and saving his BattleMech and own skin, but decides to stay put and fire at the Commando. He puts his Hunchback in reserve and fired all his weapons. SRM missiles and medium lasers flew towards the Commando gaining several hits, but Dragon couldn’t see where he hit as his Hunchback was rocketed by concentrated fire from the Commando, Clint and the Demolisher that managed to get on top of the hill.

What rest of the lance saw was the Commando crashing into the sand after getting its center torso completely destroyed thanks to Dragons alpha strike. And then they saw the return fire from the pirates completely obscuring the Hunchback. Explosions and dust covered the Hunchback completely.

Fragrant Flower moved towards the flank of the Demolisher firing both PPCs at it. The big, slow moving Demolisher was a easy target and both shots hit the Demolisher into its left side causing serious damage to it. Fragrant Flower could see that good shot to the left side could put the Demolisher down.

Rainmaker goes for the flank too and manage to get into reasonably good firing position. Targeting the Demolisher, he opens with his large laser and medium lasers. The three beams fly towards the Demolisher and Rainmaker could observe two hits, large laser and medium laser managed to hit the rear armour causing deep burn marks to it. Now both left side and rear armour of the Demolisher are weak.

The dust around Dragons Hunchback cleared during the shooting and now you could see the damage. The whole BattleMech was full of scorch marks and its armour plating was badly damage. You could see that Hunchbacks left arm was dangling from bunch of myomers, its right leg was badly damaged and the left torso had taken AC/20 shell that had stripped the armour off completely. The Hunchbacks gyro and servos tried to keep the machine standing, but the Clint had some other plans. Clint continued its movement and stopped right next to the Hunchback and delivered a kick which connected with the Hunchbacks right leg. The leg buggled completely and the Hunchback crashed on its back on the ground.

If you could see the pilot of the Clint, he was celebrating his victory against Dragon, but his celebration was cut short as his BattleMech was practically deleted. The concentrated fire from Scopes Blackjack and The Exorcists Warhammer struck into the Clint destroying the left side of the mech completely and killing the pilot. What was remaining of the Clints right side crashed into the ground next to the Hunchback.

Inside the cockpit of the Hunchback Dragon stirred from the crash to the ground. He managed to brace himself before the AC/20 shells struck and the mech fell over, but he knew that he was hurt. Checking himself carefully he saw that he was bleeding, but thanks to his long experience he knew it was nothing serious, but would require some time in the hospital after the battle. He started to check the damage on his BattleMech and thankfully realized that all his weapons are still online, but the damage to front side of his mech is bad. He knows that he could take another shot from the Demolisher, but there is a chance that he gets hit to weak location causing catastrophic damage and maybe even killing him. Checking his legs, he realizes his right leg is destroyed, but he could still stand up easily.

As this is going on suddenly the jamming ends and radio messages start to flood to the battlefield. Lyran communications about clearing casualties, fighter pilots celebrating shooting down a pirate or getting shot down by them and most importantly a message from the spaceport. Apparently the Lyran defenders and the ground troops of Crimson’s Rainbow have managed to push back the pirate vehicles, but combat between light mechs still continue.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

OOC: I need to learn the new editing stuff for this forum now. Apparently what I have written in Google Drive comes in different font than this text. Bit annoying, but this works. Both sides had a good turn of shooting with the Commando and Clint getting wrecked, but Dragons Hunchback took some serious damage. Nothing major, but it still requires a thorough maintenance.

Comment

• Rainmaker will concentrate on that Demolisher until it melts or the crew cries "uncle".

"Rainmaker to Demolisher, I suggest you surrender and power down your vehicle. Otherwise, you will be reduced to slag and your remains interred with the scrap left over from you vehicle. Yes, gentlemen, your guts and bones and skin will be made into spare parts and armor to fix up our mechs."
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• As Dragon is getting himself together and checking the mech, all of you year radio comms opening and the loud music from the Demolisher stopping. What you hear next is a young brash voice from your own radios and through the subwoofers.

"Alright, here's the deal. I have your Hunchie on my sights, if the pilot ejects I will shoot him to that spot. Send our Commando pilot that foolishly surrendered to us and your mate survives. That sounds pretty fair doesn't it, a prisoner enhance of one kind."

You could hear little bit of hesitation in the Demolisher commanders voice, but he is right. At this distance hitting the Hunchback is quite probable. The armour is weak on the Demolisher, the question is if you open fire, are you fast enough to destroy the Demolisher before it squashes Dragon?

OOC: This part didn't copy paste from the Drive so going to put this into second post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit2. I was hoping to fix this before anyone manages to post. Lets say that Rainmaker manages to open comms before the Demolisher does. Demolishers message is response to that and if you could see him, he is sweating bullets.

Comment

• "Hey Mr. Demolisher, this is Dragon, the guy in Hunchie you're holding hostage. Forget your buddy. The whole point of piracy is preying upon the weak without putting up much of a fight. You lost today. You and Commando pilot are the only ones breathing right now. Regardless of what you do to me, you're going to die one way or another. Now the question is....do you want to die with dignity....preferably somewhere off this planet or die for nothing at all. Pirates never fight for a noble cause. They live and die by salvage and loot. You're not getting anything out of this. You fought, we fought, we all said our pieces via projectiles, laser beams, and missiles. Better to get out while you can. Come on, withdraw to your dropship and we'll call it a day. At least you get to live. What do you say?"

Meanwhile, depending on where Hunchie crashed on the ground, hopefully with its weapon ports open and unobstructed, pointing toward the Demolisher, Dragon will calculate the odds of launching SRM missiles directed at the Demolisher's twin autocannon barrels and see if he can get laser beams aimed at it as well. His hope at this point is to see if his message got to the pirate's head and maybe get him to stand by and withdraw, getting to live another day to plunder somewhere far away from this planet. He will have his trigger finger on the fire release button, ready to do Demolisher in. Every second not fired at all means my lance mates are closing on Demolisher quickly.

Dragon switches to secure lance comms, "Dragon, all lance mates, listen, man, I'm trying to stall the Demolisher for as long until you can all reach him within your weapon ranges. Finish him one way or another!"
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• "Team Alpha Strike, all at once. I am with you lancemates. Waiting for the signal."
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Chief McSwain gets on the comms as he levels his guns on the Demolisher from comfortably outside return fire range:

"Son, I'd think really long about trying to play hardball here. Sounds like you're out of friends. And what if I agree to it? You get your man and then you get vaped a hundred times over at ranges you can't respond from. I'm not a local rustic kid, I'm a Chief Warrant Officer and a veteran of the Dark Horse. Power your machine down and you'll be treated with the same respect as your counterpart, hell you might get exchanged and actually get off this rock. Play the desperation move, and I personally guarantee you that I'll raise the black flag on every single pirate dirtside and send a message of my own with you and all your comrades. Your move, time to choose....and remember, I do value that one man more than all of your downed and surrendered comrades."

Chief McSwain switches to the internal comms: "Rainbow units, Scopes. Target all weapons on the Demolisher, if he does anything besides eject or power down, blast him and damn the overheating, then we go rampage over every last pirate here"

Scopes then swivels, pointing his full firepower at the commando and pilot laying helpless nearby as a signal of his grim determination to keep his word if the Demolisher pilot wants to call his bluff...

Comment

• OOC: Keep in mind that the Demolisher has a crew to run it, not just one person. Probably not a big deal, they'll break together or die together.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Chief McSwain switches to the internal comms: "Rainbow units, Scopes. Target all weapons on the Demolisher, if he does anything besides eject or power down, blast him and damn the overheating, then we go rampage over every last pirate here"
                          "Yeah... I got him."
                          This is a totally unconcerned voice, coming from the Warhammer that just potted the Catapult and the Clint. Just a little sidestep to clear the line of sight for Scopes... and maybe a theatrical raising of one PPC to arm level, as if I am sighting down the barrel.

Its a little like the end of the Baby Carriage scene from that movie The Untouchables.

(we're looking at some pretty good salvage here, even if we don't get any Dropships. I guess it's time to work out a method of distribution)
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• You can hear the hesitation and being agitated in his voice as he comms back to you.

“You know we can’t surrender, we are pirates! When the Lyrans get us it is rest of our lives in prison or even execution. You know how ruthless they are towards us.”

The comms cut and there is a short pause before he continues. Your lance is taking better positions around the Demolisher and are targeting it.

“If you swear to keep us away from the Lyrans and not throw us at their mercy, we will surrender to you.”

Comment

• "Scopes, Crimson. Remaining pirates are offering to surrender to us directly in return for not tossing them to the Lyrans. Would mean we get some intact kit rather than just salvage, plus Dragon won't get pummeled again before we kill the last heavy. With the few numbers, I'm inclined to give them that term, a few individuals without kit are no threat. Can we work it out for the local authorities to handle them in lieu of the commonwealth proper?"

Comment

• No one answers to you immediately, but shortly you hear the comms opening.

“BZZZZZZZ Crimson BZZZZZZZ authorities are Lyran BZZZZZZZ prisoners BZZZZZZZ conserve your BZZZZZZZ Dragon BZZZZZZZ your call BZZZZZZZ solution BZZZZZZZ solve BZZZZZZZ are winning BZZZZZZZ minor casualties BZZZZZZZ good luck BZZZZZZZ out.”

You could make out that it was Crimson himself talking and not one of the bridge crew. While the jamming has ended, the signal is still not that strong or clear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X