No announcement yet.

Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Demolisher is going to be a big problem. 80 tons of thick armor with two AC/20 weapons. Yikes.

Rainmaker will continue with the Vulcan, but as soon as that Demoslisher is within it's optimal firing range, I'm going evasive and taking pot shots at it until we can concentrate our efforts.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• OOC: Trying to update tomorrow if internet is willing. Only Cheetah remains to say what he is doing.
      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
      "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        That Demolisher is going to be a big problem. 80 tons of thick armor with two AC/20 weapons. Yikes.
        Nah, its slow and has short ranged weapons, not a great combo for attack purposes.
        Now, if it had been a Schrek PPC carrier I would have reacted totally differently.

I think that we can cripple the lance in front of us by the time it gets to us... but for Dragon, things could get pretty scary by the time we can even start helping him out.
        Starting to wish you had that A/C 20 version yet?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Decisions, decisions, decisions!

"Dragon, Scopes, be advised that I am staying put instead of pulling out. Look, if I pull out now, that means the pirates will have everyone in front of them with no distractions at all. We still need to divide their attention. We have to push hard to get at them. Taking that Demolisher has to be our top priority."

Dragon will not go over that hill, rather he will move about at the base of the hill, trying to force either Commando or Demolisher to come up. At that point, maybe I can take a shot at taking out the Demolisher.

Dragon hopes that his teammates will do their best in keeping the attention on them. Or if they do turn on me, that will give the teammates an opportunity to hit them in flanks and rear.

What do the rest of teammates say about my decision?
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            Nah, its slow and has short ranged weapons, not a great combo for attack purposes.
            Now, if it had been a Schrek PPC carrier I would have reacted totally differently.
            When it gets into range, it's got two potential one-shot/head-shot end of game medium and light mech-breaking guns on it. Slow is easy to hit. Having thick armor helps out.

I rate a Schrek slightly more dangerous only because of the range of the weapons, but up close, the Demolisher is still the beast. A heavy LRM carrier is the nastier still. A heavy SRM carrier is death. Egad.

I think that we can cripple the lance in front of us by the time it gets to us... but for Dragon, things could get pretty scary by the time we can even start helping him out.
            That I agree with.

Starting to wish you had that A/C 20 version yet?
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
              Decisions, decisions, decisions!

"Dragon, Scopes, be advised that I am staying put instead of pulling out. Look, if I pull out now, that means the pirates will have everyone in front of them with no distractions at all. We still need to divide their attention. We have to push hard to get at them. Taking that Demolisher has to be our top priority."

Dragon will not go over that hill, rather he will move about at the base of the hill, trying to force either Commando or Demolisher to come up. At that point, maybe I can take a shot at taking out the Demolisher.

Dragon hopes that his teammates will do their best in keeping the attention on them. Or if they do turn on me, that will give the teammates an opportunity to hit them in flanks and rear.

What do the rest of teammates say about my decision?
              Rainmaker agrees.

Comment

• McSwain responds. "Be careful and preserve your armor. I need you functional for taking on their other lances later."
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

When it gets into range, it's got two potential one-shot/head-shot end of game medium and light mech-breaking guns on it. Slow is easy to hit. Having thick armor helps out.

I rate a Schrek slightly more dangerous only because of the range of the weapons, but up close, the Demolisher is still the beast. A heavy LRM carrier is the nastier still. A heavy SRM carrier is death. Egad.

That I agree with.

If I had to be given a choice between facing a Demolisher or a SRM6 carrier, I'd cry over that.

It helps if you're in a heavier Mech (heavy or assault), I'd go with SRM carrier, because the armor can take it. A Demolisher with twin A/C 20 hitting an assault or a heavy Mech in head will almost always incapacitate the pilot, even with all armor and internal structure intact.

A PPC carrier to me can be lethal, but its total damage output doesn't equal to that of a Demolisher. If we use BattleTech game stats, a Demolisher has about 200 points in damage output, whereas a PPC carrier has at most 150 points in damage. The most dangerous thing about PPCs is their ability to dish out stability damage. If one can knock you down, other squad mates can take turns to CT-core you.

In BattleTech game, I always go for the Demolishers and other combat vehicles first. They may not look that much, but they're a deadly force to be reckoned with given the fact they often are accompanied with a lance of Mechs AND additional reinforcements.
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

If I had to be given a choice between facing a Demolisher or a SRM6 carrier, I'd cry over that.
                    Yeah both are nasty.

It helps if you're in a heavier Mech (heavy or assault), I'd go with SRM carrier, because the armor can take it. A Demolisher with twin A/C 20 hitting an assault or a heavy Mech in head will almost always incapacitate the pilot, even with all armor and internal structure intact.
                    Yes about the AC/20. The SRMs, however, spread the damage around, AND each hit has a chance to cause a critical hit.

A PPC carrier to me can be lethal, but its total damage output doesn't equal to that of a Demolisher. If we use BattleTech game stats, a Demolisher has about 200 points in damage output, whereas a PPC carrier has at most 150 points in damage. The most dangerous thing about PPCs is their ability to dish out stability damage. If one can knock you down, other squad mates can take turns to CT-core you.
                    It's the range of a PPC carrier that brings it slightly over a Demolisher.

In BattleTech game, I always go for the Demolishers and other combat vehicles first. They may not look that much, but they're a deadly force to be reckoned with given the fact they often are accompanied with a lance of Mechs AND additional reinforcements.
                    I make 80 ton vehicles...well, anything, a top priority. I had a Demolisher tear off the head of my Battlemaster with the first shot of the battle. They've got to go when I see them, and go fast.

Comment

Yeah both are nasty.

Yes about the AC/20. The SRMs, however, spread the damage around, AND each hit has a chance to cause a critical hit.

It's the range of a PPC carrier that brings it slightly over a Demolisher.

I make 80 ton vehicles...well, anything, a top priority. I had a Demolisher tear off the head of my Battlemaster with the first shot of the battle. They've got to go when I see them, and go fast.
                      Someday we should PvP each other in Skirmish mode, though I've never done that. I usually like to play alone.

I'm not that great at playing BattleTech, but it is absolutely a blast playing the game!

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• OOC: I can say that I am not that evil to have you fight against SRM or LRM Carriers, so you don't have to be afraid of them when taking the first steps as mercenary company, at least not yet

Comment

• Turn 6

Scopes decides to not answer the Catapult pilots call and decides to answer instead with his medium lasers. Here his long career as MechWarrior shows as all four shots hit the target. The medium lasers burn and molten slag that was armour plating drib from the Catapult as it takes a hit to its left arm, left torso and twice to center torso. Activating his Jump Jets and jumping behind the two Warhammers, Scopes wisely puts more ground between him, the Catapult and the Demolisher. Switching targets, he fires his autocannons, but the jump and the moving Clint makes hitting hard, resulting on no hits. In his cockpit the heat starts to rise up from both firing the lasers and jumping.

The Catapult takes the medium laser hits before jumping away from the closing Warhammers. By putting some range between itself and the Blackjack, the Catapult targets Scopes yet again and the Blackjacks cockpit lights up with missile warnings. The LRM15s spits missiles yet again and huge flames as the missiles race towards the Blackjack. Both having jumped, the missiles have some difficulty at hitting the Blackjack and many of them smack into the ground exploding. The Blackjack comes from the attack slightly more damaged as missiles had hit the center torso, right arm, right leg and left arm. Scopes realizes that the armour has nearly been stripped off from his left arm.

The Exorcist “sidesteps” his Warhammer to the right. As he is moving the Catapult jumps right outside the maximum range of his SRMs so he can only shoot with his PPCs. The two bolts of particles fly past the Clint and hit the Catapult with shower of sparks flying everywhere. Seconds later a huge explosion erupts from the Catapult that engulfs the whole BattleMech. Both PPC shots had hit the Catapult to its left torso, going through what was remaining of its left torso armour and directly into the internals, finding the LRM ammunition there and detonating them. The explosion throws the half molten mech parts everywhere, showering the landscape with what formerly was the Catapult.

The Vulcan shocked by this decides to jumps back again. Before the Vulcan manages to do this, it is engaged by Fragrant Flower. Pair of PPC bolts and medium lasers fly off in tandem with the PPCs both missing, but the medium lasers hitting the Vulcan. The right arm and left leg take the hits before the Vulcan lifts off. The whole mech wobbles as it lands and its legs nearly buggle underneath it. The Vulcan tries to avenge his now fallen comrade by firing his autocannon at Rainmaker. Autocannon shells batter the center torso of the Phoenix Hawk doing only minimal damage to the BattleMech.

Rainmaker takes his Phoenix Hawk and went for the flank. Failing this thanks to the Vulcans jump backwards, he opens up with his lasers. One medium laser misses, but another hits the already damaged right leg cutting into myomers holding the leg together. The large laser proved to be the critical shot as it hits straight into the cockpit, punching through the cockpit window directly inside it. The Vulcan takes few steps back before the gyro stabilizes it and leaves it standing with smoking cockpit.

Both Demolisher and Commando move towards Dragon with only the Commando managing to scale the hill. Dragon is lucky for having only to face the Commando as he cannot see the approaching Demolisher, but his sensors can find it and he can hear the loud music from it. The Commando runs straight towards the Dragon, firing its SRMs and medium laser. The laser misses turning sand into glass, but the SRM missiles find their mark scoring hits on the left arm, left torso, center torso and right leg causing only minor damage. In return Dragon respondes with his medium lasers and SRMs. All four lasers find their target with majority of the missiles too. From the smoke cloud created by exploding missiles comes out battered and damaged Commando, Dragon observes that its center torso and left leg are open and without armour.

Seeing all this happening around him, the Clint decides to leg it. Turning his machine away, he goes full throttle and runs away towards the Demolisher and Dragon. The Clint fires everything at the Hunchback, but only one medium laser hits the right arm.

The Map

OOC: some very good shooting this turn from your side and some bad luck on their side.

Comment

• "Fragrant Flower moves to engage the Demolisher by lining up in his rear quadrant. He will shoot and move! I don't want to give it a good shot at me!"

Sir Richard
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Someday we should PvP each other in Skirmish mode, though I've never done that. I usually like to play alone.
                              I like playing alone, too. My video card spazzes out on me from time to time, so a pvp game might end up getting stopped at some point. But after a reboot, the thing works fine for a while. A while.

I'm not that great at playing BattleTech, but it is absolutely a blast playing the game!
                              It is a great game. Just finished up the campaign last night. Now to wander the stars collecting salvage and c-bills until an expansion comes out.

Comment

• Rainmaker will move as fast as possible to the Clint and Demolisher, hoping to get in close and fire as many lasers as I can before I become the target of priority (if that happens). Rear armor will be my focus. In addition, as I'm moving up, I'll survey the area north of our fight and see if anything else is coming.

No need to be surprised again.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X