X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Crimson’s Rainbow - BattleTech Wargame RPG

Chapter One --- In Timbuktu

Welcome to year 3025. The humanity has spread across the stars, populating thousands of planets and turning lifeless rocks into new homes. The humanity was once controlled by the mighty Star League, but thanks to treachery it is long gone and now only five Great Houses and few periphery states remain. These Great Houses have been at near constant war for the past 250 years with the Third Succession War having just officially ended. Now with shaky peace between these factions many mercenary units have difficulties at finding a new contracts. Crimson’s Rainbow is one of those companies.

MechWarriors, that is you the players, have been hired by Crimson’s Rainbow during the past few months, weeks and days as the company finally has managed to find themselves a profitable contract. Each one of you have been given your own small cramped room aboard the Union-class dropship Metallic Bride and some of you have already mingled with the crew and rest of the recent hires. What you have heard is that the new contract is pretty standard, you are going to travel to Timbuktu and there train the local militia in anti-mech tactics. The thing is, the pay the company receives from it is far above the standard training job. It is like they are expecting you to end up in combat.

Captain Matthew Harding of Crimson’s Rainbow paced around the bridge of Metallic Bride as the Jumpship prepared to depart to Timbuktu for their new assignment there. He was an older man, in his mid 50s with groomed beard and greying brown hair. His uniform was that of Lyran Commonwealth, but had been heavily modified during the years as mercenary. Captain Harding was pleased that they finally had a proper contract after spending last two years training militias and trying to find new BattleMechs and MechWarriors for them. Now they had both and Crimson’s Rainbow was finally combat effective.

Having called his officers and his new lance of MechWarriors to the bridge for the jump, Captain Harding saluted them and watched as the jumpship they were docked on did the jump to their new destination. Waiting few minutes as people recovered from the jump sickness he turned towards his underlings and asked them to follow to the nearby conference room.

“Gentlemen, welcome to Timbuktu the location of our current employer Timbuktu Merchants Guild and Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. I can see that some of you are quite new here so let us introduce ourselves properly to each other. It is better to be friends than strangers in this business. We can talk about the contract after this.

I am Captain Matthew Harding, callsign Crimson, I served in Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces for 15 years before departing from their service and starting this mercenary company. Since then the company has been serving both Federated Suns and Capellan Confederation before coming back to Lyran Commonwealth to rebuild my company after the losses suffered during the Third Succession War. Now we have this new contract of ours and I must say that I am quite happy about it. How about you gentlemen, who are you?”

Captain Harding looks at you and waits for someone to start.
    From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
    "There is never enough firepower!"

Welcome to BattleTech Wargame RPG. This thread will serve as the main game thread. The feelers thread can be used for universal BattleTech banter regarding tabletop, the new game and everything else.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page is still the best source for information regarding the setting, but don't be afraid to ask questions if you have something in mind.

So everyone, let's have some fun.

Comment

The grey-headed man of the group looks away from the Captain towards the others. Expression hidden behind his moustache he raises one eyebrow towards them as if to say "Well?".
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I am Sir Richard Pruitt, of Clan Pruitt, fourth son of Count Lawrence II. I am paid for the rank of Sergeant. My Pater has told me to go out and make my fortune, so here I am! I have some experience and a lot of time in training Militia. I helped train Pater's Clan Militia back home.

We are a free roaming clan. We do a lot of Asteroid Belt and otherwise unclaimed systems. It is whispered among some that we have ties to Clan Wolverine. I can neither affirm or deny this.

Let us hope we can do some lucrative business here.

Sir Richard Pruitt, Sergeant
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

OOC: No one really knows about Clans in Inner Sphere for another 25 years so you can't really have Clan roots, but maybe you have connections to Wolf's Dragoons or your family has roots in SLDF. Eccentric noble house works too. Arrival of Clans was huge thing in BattleTech.

Comment

FYI, BattleMech players, here is a 3025 star map, so that you can know where planets are and in what region they are in. It's going to be helpful as we move forward in the BattleTech universe.

I would have attached the file, but it exceeds the size limit here.

Go to this website, and you will see a star map. Look for year 3025.

Don't bother with the Clans, they won't appear for another 25 years.

Timbuktu is on the periphery of Lyran Commonwealth in its western region. Use Control+F to search for the name.

http://battletech.rpg.hu/mechfactory_frame.php
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

*Back into character*

A man with stubble beard and blond hair clapped his hands. He had a scar from his left eye down to his cheek, a relic from one of battles he participated in. His face is hard and always carrying a perpetual frown. He always had a cynical view of the world, anytime someone demands loyalty, he usually expects to be stabbed in back. The only loyalty he has is to the cold, hard cash.

"My name is Daniel Nemes. I've been a mercenary pilot for last few years, climbing to the rank of sergeant major. You know, when you said Capellan Confederation, I am reminded of my father sharing a story about his dad participating in the Great Lee Turkey Shoot in 2952. My family is from Federated Suns, men in my family fought for House Davion," Sergeant Major Nemes leaned forward in his chair, looking up to the Captain and to everybody else, smiling a bit, though his smile wasn't pretty to look at, he continued his story. "When I announced to my dad that I was going to follow in his steps, he took me aside and urged me to be a mercenary pilot. He looked in my eyes and said this, 'Forget Federated Suns, forget House Davion, forget all other Houses, because in the end, despite having fought in the name of freedom and democratic principles, all of that is full of crap. Fight for cash, if you fight for something else, expect to be stabbed in back.' I took his advice to my heart. After graduating from MechWarrior Academy, I fought with a mercenary squad named Dragon's Marauders until it was wiped out on unmentionable planet, which shall remain nameless to me forever. That's how I got this scar. And that's why my callsign is Dragon, as a memorial to my now gone unit. I sure as hope you all fight better than my dead squadmates."

Nemes sighed, "Which is why I signed up with this company, I wanted to be far away from Federated Suns as much I can, to start a new chapter in my life. There you go, that's basically my life story right there, anything else you want from me, forget it. I'm not here to make new friends. I'm here for one and only thing -- to make money. Do me a huge favor, please. Don't ever think of dying on me. I'm not going to dig your graves. I ain't your chaplain, don't cry on my shoulder if your buddy dies."

Nemes crossed his arms, "Well?"
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I can make Clan Pruitt situated in the unincorporated area to the West of Timbuktu. Would Hunter's Paradise be far enough away? That would explain why he is a bit different from the rest.

Pruitt

Comment

OOC: Coming from Periphery can explain eccentricities. Hunter's Paradise is abandoned world at the moment, but somewhere nearby is good choice.

Comment

Maybe something in the Rim Collection?

Pruitt

Comment

Standing, a small mixed-heritage man brushes his hair out of his eyes and speaks up...

"I am Hida Akechi, former Chu-i of the DCMS. I seek honor on the battlefield--the only place it exists anymore. My callsign is Rainmaker. The 'mech I am piloting is called Ikiryo."

He sits back down and waits patiently for the introductions to end.
                      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

A youngish man is studying the map with his back to the rest of the group.

... Stiener Space, the happy hunting ground for Mercenaries. Lots of resources, great weapons, but they take one beating after another because they have the worst generals in the sphere. Lack of unity and purpose is also a major issue here, as is corruption. It is as if the Austro-Hungarian Empire had been reborn....

He winces as he hears a Kuritan rank being given aloud, something he thought would be unsettling for these people, and then turns to face everyone with a smile on his face.

"I hail from Kuritan space as well, try not to look to shocked." He is a bit of a swashbuckler, dressed in a somewhat extravagant style with the big leather boots and a fur-lined trench coat with the lapels thrown wide open.
                        I am Sergeant Count Marko Raimius and I drive one of the Warhammers outside." He nods to Hida. "Its good to be this far from the border, isn't it?"

He means, of course, that is a relief to be far from any chance of clashing with Kuritans.

(and considering how long the trip must have been just getting here.... mood music?)
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Re...=RDuFNHbMfLpy8

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          "I hail from Kuritan space as well, try not to look to shocked." He is a bit of a swashbuckler, dressed in a somewhat extravagant style with the big leather boots and a fur-lined trench coat with the lapels thrown wide open.
                          I am Sergeant Count Marko Raimius and I drive one of the Warhammers outside." He nods to Hida. "Its good to be this far from the border, isn't it?"

He means, of course, that is a relief to be far from any chance of clashing with Kuritans.
                          "Hai, and as far away from old, tired men determining what honor is and isn't from behind a desk while their young soldiers die due to their obsession with bureaucracy and tradition.

Please pardon any offense that this may illicit, it is not intentional, but please refer to me as Akechi, sergeant Raimius . Hida is my family name. I doubt that I even have the right to use the Hida name anymore...

Up until now, I was rōnin, after all."

Akechi respectfully bows his head to Raimius.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

OOC: Being from area that is later known as Rim Collection works.

Enjoying the introductions a lot. You will hear about the contract soon.

Comment

The older man looks at Nemes and nods slightly, then glances over at the others and crosses his arms. On the shoulder of the well worn leather jacket can be seen a faded gold emblem with a black horse. Over the breast pocket is a nametape with "scopes" embroidered in gold.
                              Last edited by TacCovert4; 30 Apr 18, 14:04.
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X