Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Karri View Post
    Captain Freeman puts down the paper.

But how many replacements do we have, I don't see it listed anywhere...am I missing something? Have I lost the ability to read? Do I not know numbers anymore?
    You would be right it seems.

There are 278 experienced troops that can be distributed however General Sennef approves. These troops will acquire weapons and won't need to be 'set up'......
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      He intends to move out within the next two days and invade the North..
      Finch adresses the council -

I must point out sir, the men in my battalion volunteered to protect their homeland from enemy invasion.

This they did in excellent fashion.

They did not sign on for an invasion of others' lands, and before I order them across the border, I will give each of them a chance to return home with weapon and honour or stay in defence of their farms if they deem that a better course of action.

Those that do agree to come North, I will lead, if they still desire me to do so.
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• General Sennef listens to all opinions offered and being the man he is,
        he listens first and speaks last.
        Time to speak now: he turns to his XO:

'Colonel,
        I would like to leave it to you to take care of the distribution of the replacements over Rainbow's sub units, keeping in mind which units are at or below their realistic minimums to maintain performance;
        and of the captured wepons to Rainbow's artillery or cavalry;
        while I'll take care of choosing the specialty that comes with Rainbow's Legendary status. Our new orders will certainly weigh in here.'

Originally posted by Senorankka View Post

Regarding reinforcements in my opinion cavalry should go to bolster Pruitts Tar Heels. He has taken considerable amount of casualties and for us to have cavalry reserve, we need strong unit for that. Infantry could be combined with Orleans Blues so that we have another stronger unit with more firepower and lasting power. Alternatively Infantry could be spread around to bolster Major Holdens Georgia Badgers Militia and Major Finch's Battalion.
        Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 16 May 18, 06:03.
        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

You would be right it seems.

There are 278 experienced troops that can be distributed however General Sennef approves. These troops will acquire weapons and won't need to be 'set up'......
          I have no need of any manpower at all.
          And it seems that since we didn't take any ground, we also didn't take any equipment.

Sorry guys, I never even got to fire a shot this time.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Don't worry.....your guns will be vital next time......Episode 5 is decidedly not a night engagement or a skirmish.

Comment

Don't worry.....your guns will be vital next time......Episode 5 is decidedly not a night engagement or a skirmish.
              Oh good! I might actually get to be a sharpshooter unit after all. Major Holden is hungry for some delicious Yankee officers to eat for breakfast. Know where can I find some?
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                Finch adresses the council -

I must point out sir, the men in my battalion volunteered to protect their homeland from enemy invasion.

This they did in excellent fashion.

They did not sign on for an invasion of others' lands, and before I order them across the border, I will give each of them a chance to return home with weapon and honour or stay in defence of their farms if they deem that a better course of action.

Those that do agree to come North, I will lead, if they still desire me to do so.
                OOC: that was actually one of the issues historically.

IC: General Jackson replies to Major Finch "I would stress, Major, that you and your men took an oath to the Confederacy, something not lightly broken. As to your concern, there is no intent to conquer, but instead to give Virginians a respite from having war incessantly visited upon their homes and firesides. If we beat the Yankee on their own soil, the repercussions throughout the North would be advantageous to our cause. So far, the Yankee invader has been driven off at every turn, but men and guns he has aplenty and he can continue to march South until eventually he emerges victorious. A defeat now, when he is demoralized, on his own ground, will pressure the politicians to accept our Independence and end this war. Tell your men we do not march North joyfully or for conquest, but rather with a steadfast resolve to see this war end and to relieve our families the burden of armies encamped upon their grounds for a time."

Comment

• Major Pruitt hobbles in using a cane. "What is this about my medical leave is denied and I am to show up here? We are short of men and the horses need at least two days rest and grain. If we have replacements available, I want them mounted on good Cavalry Mounts and not Mules or Plow Horses.

If we are to go North of the Potomac, we will have a chance to replenish supplies that are scarce here. My men want cheese and coffee, and not chicory. If we pass through some towns before the Infantry get there, we will have a chance to use our script to get new shoes and hats. Our parcels from home are not keeping up with demand."

Major Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Maj Bird took time for some rest, as the GJ got reorganized. Dozing against a tree trunk, he already informed his battalion of Gen Lee's orders that will move Rainbow into Yank territory to bring the fight to the enemy.

Earlier, Cpt Frumm and a Lt from the Colonial Troops, he could not remember his name, approached him. The Colonial Troops wrote a petition, signed by most of its members, asking Gen Sennef to allow them to join the Green Jackets. The Green Jackets reputation is now attracting young men wanting to fight the Yanks to him and his unit.

Maj Bird explained that he would welcome the Colonial Troops soldiers into his ranks but they will need to loose their scarlet uniforms. He also cautioned the officer carrying a British accent to manage his expectations, as although he would be happy to see his lot join the Green Jackets, it was Rainbow's XO decision on how the available troops would be distributed among the Brigade's unit.

The scarlet-dressed officer was quite visibly upset. He explained that his troops joined to form a company under a single command and although they have not seen action together, a strong bound now united them. Having seen the GJ in action, they wanted to stay together and fight under Bird's command. No other option would be accepted by them. After all, they joined of their own free will to fight as the Colonial Troops company - Not to be parceled out after loosing their company commander.

Maj Bird wished the Lt good luck with his petition, and encouraged him to make his point with the Rainbow Commander. Going back to dozing after his encounter, Maj Bird would be surprised to see these brave Colonial Troops soldiers under his command, the Brigade XO would not allow it. Perhaps Sennef would see the advantage of giving these troops to the GJ.

After seeing 200 recruits left behind at the last battle site, Rainbow is now paying for that mismanaged blunder - The GJ would certainly not get any favors from Higher, especially the XO, for being the strongest battalion in Rainbow. "They" will probably parcel out the troops to the hard-hitted units instead of reinforcing the strongest unit as a priority..."Bollocks!" he thinks "What do you expect from leaders that prefer to dig in with added engineering resources, instead of emphasizing marching to bring the fight to the enemy!...As the saying goes - 'the fight goes to the commander that travel the fastest and furthest with mostest' , or something like that." He then falls asleep, the sergeant-major walking to his position and leaving him and apple and a piece of bread for breakfast for when he wakes up.
                    Last edited by Capt AFB; 17 May 18, 03:51.

Comment

• Rainbow's Legendary Speciality

General Sennef, after due deliberation and a good night's sleep

announces during Rainbow's morning prayers that he has decided on Rainbow's Legendary Speciality:
                      3) Marching. "Rainbow troops are seasoned campaigners with a keen ear to commands and are known for their ability to move quickly at all times."

General Sennef adds his motivation for this:
                      a) Not only will 'marching' go with Rainbow's and indeed the Confederation's strength which is more in maveuver than in attrition warfare but also
                      b) with an eye on Rainbow's future operation in enemy territory as outlined by the higher deck yesterday.
                      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• "Thank you General. When we look at Rainbow Brigades numbers we can see that we have several very powerful units, but same time we have a number of weaker units. This makes Rainbow Brigade weaker as our strength lies in these few units instead of the Brigade as whole. For this reason Rainbow Brigade is going to spread our reinforcements into our smaller units to make them strong enough to fight alone if required. With these decisions Rainbow Brigades formations will be of more standard size which will help in commanding and reacting to threats as we know that all units can fight and hold the enemy.

-Gardnerís Battery receives 30 men to reinforce them to 60 men. This should replenish your losses and allow to fight efficiently

-Tar Heel Troop receives 100 men to reinforce them to 171 men. With this we have nearly 300 cavalrymen in the Brigade. This mobile force should fill our needs.

-Georgia Badgers Militia receives 49 men to reinforce them to 150 men. With this they have same number of soldiers as before the recent battle.

-Orleans Blues receives 99 men to reinforce them to 216 men. This way we reinforce Orleans Blues into numbers where they have both firepower and power to stay in the battle.

Thanks to General Stuart we get the first pic of Sharps carbines and revolvers. With these new weapons Tar Heel Troop will replace their current Enfield Short Rifles with Sharps Carbines and Gardnerís Battery will get to replace their old rifles with Tar Heels former Enfield Short Rifles. In addition if we can find single shot pistols or the revolvers for Gardner's Battery and to be given to Orleans Blues it would help us a lot. If it is in any way possible Rainbow Brigade will try to find Tar Heel Troop some sabers for close combat.

With these reinforcements Rainbow Brigade will become more all rounded and our artillery will be able to defend themselves better. We are going to have four strong units supported by two more specialized infantry units, two artillery units and two units of cavalry."
                        Last edited by Senorankka; 17 May 18, 12:21.
                        From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
                        Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
                        "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

OOC: that was actually one of the issues historically.

IC: General Jackson replies to Major Finch "I would stress, Major, that you and your men took an oath to the Confederacy, something not lightly broken. As to your concern, there is no intent to conquer, but instead to give Virginians a respite from having war incessantly visited upon their homes and firesides. If we beat the Yankee on their own soil, the repercussions throughout the North would be advantageous to our cause. So far, the Yankee invader has been driven off at every turn, but men and guns he has aplenty and he can continue to march South until eventually he emerges victorious. A defeat now, when he is demoralized, on his own ground, will pressure the politicians to accept our Independence and end this war. Tell your men we do not march North joyfully or for conquest, but rather with a steadfast resolve to see this war end and to relieve our families the burden of armies encamped upon their grounds for a time."
                          "I understand,

the issue will be put before them, you can make your case in person if you want (do dice roll or something) and for sure I won't argue against it."

"All I insist on is they are given a choice."

"There is one additional issue, so far my men have never been uniformed, they are a citizen militia in the full sense of the word."

"Once we cross that border, quite regardless of our intentions, we are a foreign army, and need to be uniformed, or they would be fully within their rights to shoot us as saboteurs or deserters if captured."

OOC : I realize obviously that may result in my already undermanned battalion losing more men, or them being delayed for the next battle, but for Finch it is an article of faith.

He's not a professional military man, and even though he's hardly faint-hearted he does not see much good coming from this.

He reluctantly led these boys from their farms and can clearly see many of those that left with him are dead or wounded and inevitably most of those that follow him will meet a similar fate.

For me as player it does not matter much if I lead a small company, a battalion or a division - but for Finch it is important that every one that follows him does so out of his own free will and not a misplaced sense of loyalty.

The point about the uniforms is a practical one of course, but no less vital.
                          Last edited by Snowygerry; 18 May 18, 05:44.
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X