No announcement yet.

Rainbow Brigade Ep. 3, April 1862

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Maj Holden's Badgers moving NE towards CC to establish a fire base to support the GJ's move and possibly fire a few shots against the 10 Conn, Maj Bird leads his unit divided in three parallel company columns and quickly advances towards the big building.

Lt Dyers and two of the GJ troopers, all three on horseback, have already gone forward scouting and looking for any enemy activity that may threaten the GJ.

(OOC: What does that big building look like - A ship maintenance shed, a warehouse, some kind of commercial building?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
      With Maj Holden's Badgers moving NE towards CC to establish a fire base to support the GJ's move and possibly fire a few shots against the 10 Conn, Maj Bird leads his unit divided in three parallel company columns and quickly advances towards the big building.

Lt Dyers and two of the GJ troopers, all three on horseback, have already gone forward scouting and looking for any enemy activity that may threaten the GJ.

(OOC: What does that big building look like - A ship maintenance shed, a warehouse, some kind of commercial building?)
      I was just going to continue to ignore the obviously impossible order, but it seems that I cannot. No unit has EVER had the ability to simply create a detachment and send them off to do anything. That was one hard and fast rule that I established at Episode 1. So in short, you can flavor Lt. Dyers mounting up a couple of your men, but they're around 50m in front of the battalion, not riding off half a mile on a recon mission. And at your current position the building looks like a warehouse of some sort.

(I understand that you requested cavalry, and you're trying to come up with a creative work-around since none of the 3 cavalry units are available. But it's not possible to create your own scouts out of thin air)
      Last edited by TacCovert4; 14 Feb 18, 18:25.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        I was just going to continue to ignore the obviously impossible order, but it seems that I cannot. No unit has EVER had the ability to simply create a detachment and send them off to do anything. That was one hard and fast rule that I established at Episode 1. So in short, you can flavor Lt. Dyers mounting up a couple of your men, but they're around 50m in front of the battalion, not riding off half a mile on a recon mission. And at your current position the building looks like a warehouse of some sort.

(I understand that you requested cavalry, and you're trying to come up with a creative work-around since none of the 3 cavalry units are available. But it's not possible to create your own scouts out of thin air)
        LOL

I often have to remind the training audiences at CPXs and TEWTs to not play with the Whites but to simply play the Whites (White being the colour of the Main Event List with the scenario they need to work through) So don't try to be too creative, just play the game...So you caught me on that one. +1 to you

I'm not trying to create my own cavalry (although "Bird's Light Horses" does sound good), I'm just trying to use my resources - three horses normally used by CO, XO and Lt Dyers - to extend my situation awareness of the immediate area and mitigate any surprises.

Let the three horsemen move 500-600 yards in front of the GJ till they reach the warehouse. Assuming the GJ reach the warehouse without incident, the CO and XO will need their horses back and Lt Dyers will be needed back in his liaison role.

Now, if Dee's cavalry was with us as originally planned...

Comment

• I know you're playing right to the ragged edge of whatever limits I set, and I don't mind that. Hence me setting that rule hard and fast VERY early on....I'm well aware that I'd be dealing with platoons being dispatched everywhere otherwise. I'm just like you after all.....and K has many times pulled his hair out with my sneaking my way by his orders.

Best I can do is keep in mind your INTENTIONS to scout ahead of your main body, and see if battalion leadership can pick up on anything. It won't be hundreds of yards of advance warning though.

Comment

• Plan is to update Saturday or Sunday....depending on how busy/sick lady Tac and I are. Been dealing with both the flu and bronchitis moving through our whole agency, and half the shift is out sick with the other half of us working while sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              Plan is to update Saturday or Sunday....depending on how busy/sick lady Tac and I are. Been dealing with both the flu and bronchitis moving through our whole agency, and half the shift is out sick with the other half of us working while sick.
              Hey, Dan! Go take care of yourself and Lady Tac.

Your health comes first, and as much as I am enjoying the game, it can wait.

I will leave other chime in, but I can wait for a bit, until you come back healthy.

Comment

• Ah, so that's why Major Bird is indeed a bird, he wants to take off like a bird and fly to whatever trouble there is, thought Major Holden. No wonder why he carries his surname proudly.

Major Holden's Orders:

Badgers is to turn NE, with Green Jackets taking Badgers' former position, as they began their quick advance out of the pine forest.

Badgers and Green Jackets should coordinate their quick marches over open field, in order to support each other while advancing.

As noted in the previous orders, Badgers is to cease its quick, double-paced march at least 500-600 meters from the city itself. They are to anchor the right flank of Hammer 1, Badgers' battle line positioned near to the south of the grove.

Badgers' objective is twofold, 1.) to act as fire base, supporting Green Jackets' advance into the city itself; and 2.) to support Hammer 1's right flank.

Obviously, Major Holden will survey the battlefield and make personal notes of enemy movements. Badgers will open fire on whichever enemy unit is closest to Badgers, and the main target, as always, will be enemy officers first.

Major Holden
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• I continue to concentrate on the 27th MA with fire. If the column behind them comes into sight, I will switch fire onto it if I can run shot and shell through the length of the column.

Comment

• 1. Situation: see map attached.
                    General Sennef assesses the situationand realizes that the enemy is shifting its Schwerpunkt to the north, leaving its south wide open to Hammer 1 and 2.
                    Own troops need to reinforce Anvil north in order to withstand enemy onslaugh there.

2. Mission:Reinforce "Anvil" & Execute "Hammer 1 and 2"

3. Execution
                    A: Commander's Intent
                    Reinforce northern part of Anvil
                    Weaken enemy through artillery
                    Execute Hammer 1 and 2
                    B: Orders:
                    Major Pruitt: to withdraw SW and deploy again at western end of Anvil
                    Bates' Irregulars: take postion at the railroad cut between Pruitt and R Btty.
                    Captain R's Btty: Open fire on 23MA.
                    G Btty: continue to fire on 27MA

General Sennef's himself rides up toMajor Leroy: .
                    "Major, I am going to put your Tigers where I expect fighting will be thickest. Move 400 yards north and take postion between R's Btty and Dee's hussars. Your men will be the linchpin of Anvil."

Finch & Khryses: Execute Hammer 1

Major Holden, Major Bird: Execute Hammer 2.

4. Logistics Log Centre at western exit of grove Anvil

5. C&C: General Sennef at 'Anvil'
                    Attached Files
                    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• If I can see that unit in column coming down the road clearly, I am definitely going to switch fire onto it and drive shot and shell through the length of it.

Comment

• Hammer 1.

After a short deliberation, Finch gives the order to advance.

The Grenadiers will set out by platoon in open formation, moving and providing cover alternatively, directing their attack towards the undefended SW corner of CC.

Their mission is to enter the village, take defendable positions there, and engage 10CT with fire, if possible also to stake out a position there for Finch battalion to follow and relieve them.

Ideally I’d move up one company at a time, but considering to “no subdivision of units” rule, if there’s no opportunity for Finch battalion to deploy in a practical manner inside the village, they will remain in their current position for one more turn.

Certainly, Finch battalion will deliver area fire on the positions currently occupied by 10CT during the advance of the Grenadiers, the objective not as much to cause casualties, but to prevent them from countering the movement of the Grenadiers and hopefully cause them keep their heads down, and prevent from easily moving from one building to the next.

Should the Grenadiers be seen to be in trouble before or shortly after they cross the stretch of open ground, Finch will advance his battalion one company at a time, to close the distance to the town and increase the effectiveness of his fire, ultimately adopting the 3rank formation we used at New Bern.
                        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

• Update Warning

I will be updating tomorrow (Sunday).

Comment

• The Tigers move north of their position as per Col Sennef's orders. As usual, anytime the Tigers move to a new defensive position and are idle for 1 to 2 hours they dig in with what they can. Conveniently they already gathered some logs and rocks and just bring them over to their new position.

Maj Leroy
                            The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• Major Pruitt arrives at the end of the Line and deploys. Horseholders deploy to the rear with the horses.

Major Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                                Captain R's Btty: Open fire on 23MA.
                                It was really just a choice of targets at this point, and that sounds as good as any!

Lets use that H.E, spiral stuff, and see if it is as good as advertised.
                                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X