Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craven
    replied
    dam google docs and stuff has made this so much more interactive than just a few years ago good work guys

Leave a comment:

• Frtigern
    replied
    The Tiger's will continue hangin' out in the woodline, ranges marked, sights zeroed, waiting for the 23MA to come out, while maybe the rest of Rainbow can mop up the city and outflank their left? No hurry, we will just be here holdin' the line while jeering the 23MA.

Maj. Leroy

Leave a comment:

• Senorankka
    replied
    Bates Irregulars: Sent out skirmishers to cover Pruitt's retreat and keep pressure on 25MA. Husband your forces.

"Lieutenant, prepare men for advance. We are going to go to screen Pruitts retreat. Leave wounded and casualties here where they are safe."
    Bates gives a look towards where Pruitts men are collecting themselves. If the Yanks were to act, it could spell disaster for Pruitt. Having his men to screen Pruitt during his retreat hopefully keeps the Yanks away. If the Yanks don't retreat, few volleys of rapid fire should keep them away.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Update Tonight after our temporary technical vacation.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
    Not yet, hold!
    No problem. I seem to be in good company here.

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Sennef
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    Where should I advance to in order to keep our momentum going most strongly?
    Not yet, hold!

Momentum momentarily has swung to Hammer in the South.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
    Captain RichterReform. Have all guns manned and wounded transported out. Replenish stocks. Continue to keep 23MA discouraged to come out of the grove and cross the RR.
    Yeah.... we seem to be accomplishing a lot without much effort here.

I was waiting for the chance to cut loose with the canister when the Union came charging in, but it looks like i have a different issue now.

Where should I advance to in order to keep our momentum going most strongly?

Leave a comment:

• Capt AFB
    replied
    Maj Bird's Green Jackets were already moving North on the road East of CC. It was a quick pace but not a run, as he wanted to keep the troops relatively fresh for the fight they were about enter.

Getting the message from a Saddle Blazer trooper, he mentions "Tell the General that we are on our way. My intent is to hit 9 NJ dead center."

Turning around on his saddle, he ask Lt Dyers, his LO on horseback, "Go find Holden. Tell him my intention of hitting 9 NJ dead center in their rear. Which means he will likely find himself dealing with a panicked 9 NJ left wing trying to run through the Badgers' lines. The 9 NJ right wing will likely run North."

As he trots back to the head of his troops, moving in a single column up the road, Maj Bird looks at the buildings to his left. He thinks "We are going to be involved in built up area fighting. The troops' Bowie knives and hatchets are going to be useful..." Pursuing his thought, "Again, having revolvers for each GJ would have been a good advantage to have in what may become a close quarter battle. After the battle, I need to use my business contacts to purchase a revolver for each of my soldiers."

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Major Pruitt, orders the Legion back to the Farm to the Southwest. We will take all wounded and Prisoners with us. We will reform our Platoons and designate new leaders. At the Farm we will cook a meal and send out some Scouts to keep an eye on the 25th MA. We will redistribute Pistols to evenly supply them to the hale and healthy.

Major Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Well then, upon receiving the colonel's orders Von Trapp once again leads his men around Finch right flank.

Tactics are the same as before, move forward by platoon, one platoon fires, the other moves.

Once inside the village, they will try to flank 9NJ, make contact with Holden, and coordinate a close attack.

Be careful though - there's only 140 of them, don't get caught in salvo fire in open ground, move from cover to cover.

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Sennef
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    Does this mean K. is back, or is it directed at me ?
    Directed at you, I'll make amends.

[EDIT]: Changed into NCGG

Leave a comment:

• Snowygerry
    replied
    Khryses: proceed into CC till enemy contact with 9NJ south of Finch's line. Asssist Holden Badgers with your grenades breaking in and turning the "Jersey Muskrats" flanks.
    Does this mean K. is back, or is it directed at me ?

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Sennef
    replied
    General Sennef sees the overall plan is holding well though in the North checked by the setback against the cavalry and in the South by the cautious advance of Hammer 2.

ORDERS:

1. Situation: See map attached!

Enemy to our north (2 regs: 23 and 25 MA) and east (3 regs). The morale of three of these (27 MA, 10 CT) seems to as low as rout.
    No more enemy reinforcements are expected.

Own troops: Rainbow brigade with cavalry, infantry and artillery units.

2. Mission: hold at Anvil and execute Hammer 1 and 2.

3. Execution:
    Commanders Intent:
    Husband forces at Anvil, keep 23 and 25 MA in the forest north of the RR.
    Dynamics at Hammer 1 and 2, rolling up enemy from the south

Orders:

ANVIL: Husband forces!
    Pruitt's Tar Heels: Disengage from 25MA and fall back on the farm to your SW. Reform and prepare for new action.
    Bates Irregulars: Sent out skirmishers to cover Pruitt's retreat and keep pressure on25MA. Husband your forces.

Captain RichterReform. Have all guns manned and wounded transported out. Replenish stocks. Continue to keep 23MA discouraged to come out of the grove and cross the RR.
    Major Leroy's Tigers to hold off 23MA.

Dee disengage from 27MAand withdraw to grove, put yourself under command of Sennef's Saddle Blazers.
    Gardner's Battery,Replenish stocks once Dee has returned to own lines open fire on enemy command group and retreating 27 MA
    Sennef's Saddle Blazers at horses in reserve role. Put Dee's cavalry under command.

HAMMER 1:
    Finch's Battalion: proceed into CC till enemy contact with 9NJ but do not press. Let Hammer 2 do the magic.
    NCGG: proceed into CC till enemy contact with 9NJ south of Finch's line. Asssist Holden Badgers with your grenades breaking in and turning the "Jersey Muskrats" flanks.

HAMMER 2: Aggressive Action!
    Holden's Badgers Move into CC and aggressive action against southern flank of 9NJ. GG will assist with grenades rolling up 9NJ flank
    Bird's Green Jackets Drop caution and attack rear of 9NJ.

4. Logistics For ANVIL units that hold, this is a good moment to replenish your stocks. Supply wagons and Aid station at western exit of the grove.

5. C&C: General Sennef South of G Btty.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 01 Mar 18, 05:43.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    With no viable target in sight now, I have the battery check fire. "Let's give our guns a good sponging and cleaning and let them cool down a bit men!" We give the guns a quick cleaning and ready them for further action.

I can't fire on the 27th without taking like casualties among Dee's cavalrymen, and the 10th is all but out of sight now.

Leave a comment:

• Cheetah772
    replied
    OOC: Tac, how far can my men see into the town proper? Do my men have a good view of the town proper into which they can snipe from the warehouse's roof?

Major Holden's Orders (subject to change):

1.) Major Holden will climb atop the roof and take a view of the surroundings. He should take note of the surroundings to the east, where there's a possibility of fresh Union reinforcements coming down or Union forces retreating from the engagements in the west taking the road that runs through the town proper.

2.) The Badgers will be stationed in a way they're able to move off the roof at a moment's notice and do so in an orderly fashion.

3.) Major Holden will order his men to open fire on the closest Yankee unit. If the enemy Brigade Command is sighted and the Badgers is able to take a shot, then take it. Officers first!

4.) As soon Green Jackets begin to move out and advance toward either the town proper itself or the large building to the northeast of our current position, the Badgers is to provide covering fire.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X