Rainbow Brigade Ep. 3, April 1862

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
    I thought Dee was travelling SE with Hammer 2 until the cavalry reached the clearance next to the shoreline
    That was indeed my intention, but I leave it to our GM.
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Exploiting the meeting engagement with speed

Leading the column down the road, General Sennef moves in the van, and sees no enemy has materialized where he expected it to be.

Destobetter!

With his hat he signals his Saddleblazers urgently forward with the order to follow the road into the grove and establish a line at the eastern exit of the grove. If enemy contact occurs before they exit the grove, dismount and engage the enemy. Help wiill come
      Though it is early Sennef decides to commit his reserve already to exploit this opportunity.
      Leroy's Tigers to cross the grove as fast as possible and help establish an Anvil at its eastern end and keep out all enemy trying to break into the grove.
      The rest of his central element to follow the road and set up an Anvil opposite Carolina City.

A rider is dispatched to Major Pruitt with orders to prevent the enemy to cross from CC to the west. Hold and Fire

Dee's Hussars: follow the road east into the forest towards CC and where the road exits the forest to CC, prevent any enemy to come to the forest line.
      The forest line west of CC is where the new Anvil will stand.

[OOC]: Orders for South (Hammer) to follow, RL gets in the way.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 04 Feb 18, 14:30.
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
        That was indeed my intention, but I leave it to our GM.
        No wonder Dee is so quiet and looks absent minded at Orders!

BTW, am I the only one who can't open the jpeg map from Jereon?

Comment

Orders for the South / Hammer

General Sennef sends a dispatch rider to the South were the combined units of Hammers 1 and 2 make their way through the pine forest.
          He brings a new order and a sketch.
          The fact that no enemy defence line has been spotted in the grove should be taken advantage of.

Hammer 1 is requested to leave the cover of pine forest immediately, cross the open field and move into the southern edge of the grove. Once there, its commanders have to make a judgment call:
          A. If there seems to be no enemy in strength in the opposite quarter of Carolina City, cross the open terrain in haste and break into CC.
          If needed: help Hammer 2 to break into CC as well. Turn north to take the enemy in the flank.
          B. If there is enemy in strenght in the opposite quarter of CC, stay in the edge of the grove. Hammer 1 will become for the moment the southern extension of Anvil.

Hammer 2 is requested to continue through the pine forest as originally planned. Break for cover and cross to the water front of CC. If needed, Hammer 1 will help you to break in.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 04 Feb 18, 11:49.
          BoRG

Comment

I'll try to post it in another format. Could you open my previous maps?
            BoRG

Comment

I can open it. And sorry, that was a misunderstanding of Dee's orders.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Let me get this straight. The Tigers are to deploy into the grove to prevent an enemy breakout to our rear or around our flanks? We most assuredly can double-time into that grove. I'm assuming we're deploying south of the road directly across from that structure just west of town, south of road.

Maj. Leroy
                The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
                  General Sennef sends a dispatch rider to the South were the combined units of Hammers 1 and 2 make their way through the pine forest.
                  He brings a new order and a sketch.
                  The fact that no enemy defence line has been spotted in the grove should be taken advantage of.

Hammer 1 is requested to leave the cover of pine forest immediately, cross the open field and move into the southern edge of the grove. Once there, its commanders have to make a judgment call:
                  A. If there seems to be no enemy in strength in the opposite quarter of Carolina City, cross the open terrain in haste and break into CC.
                  If needed: help Hammer 2 to break into CC as well. Turn north to take the enemy in the flank.
                  B. If there is enemy in strenght in the opposite quarter of CC, stay in the edge of the grove. Hammer 1 will become for the moment the southern extension of Anvil.

Hammer 2 is requested to continue through the pine forest as originally planned. Break for cover and cross to the water front of CC. If needed, Hammer 1 will help you to break in.
                  Well, there's proof no plan survives contact with the referee...

Comment

Originally posted by Frtigern View Post
                    Let me get this straight. The Tigers are to deploy into the grove to prevent an enemy breakout to our rear or around our flanks? We most assuredly can double-time into that grove. I'm assuming we're deploying south of the road directly across from that structure just west of town, south of road.

Maj. Leroy
                    All correct.
                    My intention is to keep the enemy at bay in the open, till our artillery has arrived over the road and set up a fire base.
                    BoRG

Comment

I plan to move my battery as indicated to provide enfilading fire as well as direct support for the "hammer" as shown. Rifles work best with a bit of range. Right up close negates their true value. I will move such as to not interfere with the infantry's movement forward.

Comment

Major Holden's Orders

It seems that our dear Major Dee didn't have any coffee that morning as his absent-mindedness caused him and his troops to wander off the intended path. Major Holden would have sent a rider or runner but Major Dee is too far off the course, so he let Dee go do his own thing and hopefully Colonel Sennef knows what Dee is doing.

1.) Major Holden sends a runner to Major Bird's Green Jackets:

2.) Major Holden suggests to Major Bird that we continue marching through the pine forest, he thinks enemy can't spot us yet other than perhaps Bates and Finch as they're closer to the edge of the pine forest. We'll continue all way to the edge of shoreline then break for cover, marching quickly over open space to break in Carolina City.

3.) Badgers Militia is not to enter Carolina City as it would negate its long fire range support. Rather, it is to stop at least 500 meters from the city itself. Major Holden will then take a moment to survey the city and its surrounding environs and observe any enemy movement marching out of the city.

4.) Should Badgers encounter any enemy unit appearing inside Badgers' long range, order all skirmishers to open fire as needed and make sure they only fire if they're sure of their aim and they see officers first among the rank and file. The skirmishers should continue advancing cautiously toward Carolina City.

Major Holden awaits Major Bird's input.
                        Last edited by Cheetah772; 04 Feb 18, 14:56.
                        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

This is my drawn tactical map in haste, indicating where I'd like Hammer 2 to be. Only a suggestion, awaiting Major Bird's input.
                          Attached Files
                          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Deadline

Will be 0800hrs Tuesday Morning. I plan to update Tuesday.
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

No mention of my group yet, and no real changes seem needed, I just have farther to go than we thought at first.

Richter's group will just keep using the road for quick & easy movement without wearing ourselves out. The forest looks like good cover to mask our setting up, we may even look like a minor infantry unit before we open fire.

We just have to get there.

Charlie Mike.
                              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                                ...but Waterloo was just a field before a few thousand soldiers gave it a name.....
                                Biting my tongue here

(...)
                                BTW, am I the only one who can't open the jpeg map from Jeroen?
                                It's a pdf. It opens but needs a security scan on my end. It's clean but for some reason my browser blocks it until I approve it.
                                Last edited by Snowygerry; 05 Feb 18, 03:46.
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Working...
                                X