Rainbow Brigade Ep. 2, March 1862

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cliff-hanger of sorts , nicely done

Not much in the way of orders though, continue as before, have some food and drink distributed among the men, those not in the front can sit, kneel or lie down even.

Could be the enemy is trying to wear us out..
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      The artillery duel between the fort and the gunboats continues, with Gardner's battery first striking, and then positively pummeling Philadelphia, putting multiple holes into her and sending her careening towards the shore. ...
      Oh my...

You know, instead of waiting for the Federals to attack, there may be an opportunity to be seized here.

I have to send a runner out with a suggestion to my superior and to the Tigers and the NCGG;
      "If the Philly hits the bank between the lines, I want to take that ship, and with your help we can do it. My militia will be of little help in a general advance, but they are fine brawlers and taking a ship isn't a place where proper formations matter, only aggressiveness.
      Cover us and we can do it. Wouldn't it be a grand thing to get those guns?"
      -Richter

Comment

• "Pound those damned gunboats!" I extol to my gun crews. "Finish those Yankee ships and send them to Hell!" We continue to fire shot and shell at the gunboats.

Comment

• Maj Bird trots back to the Green Jackets lines, wondering if the Britannic battery second-in-command understood the importance of his request, as Tremayne was carried off the line, not looking too healthy after a sudden hit of a pox...Or perhaps heat stroke...

As he continues his way to battalion, Capt Walsh joins him, having come back from General Branch HQ...By the expression on his XO's face, Bird already knows it is bad news...No help coming from Branch!

Well, the secondary defensive position at the brick factory seems to now be the only possible fall back option, if it comes to that!

Comment

• Deadline Warning:

Deadline for orders will be Monday at 2200EST.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Bates men are resting in silence. They know that the battle is far from over and some of them might die in the progress. Some are cleaning their carbines while rest are preparing the firing positions and defenses even more.

Bates has a feeling, something is awry and he calls his lieutenant to him.

"Lieutenant, gather volunteer force of 20 men and take them to the swamp. I have a feeling that Yanks are trying something. Move to their flank in the flank and scout their positions. If they decide to move into the swamp ambush their forces and then fall back. Remember to move slowly and hide yourself, I want all of you back in here in one piece. Understood? Good, do as told."

Bates is concerned, if the Yanks were to go full direct assault or move to the flank he wouldn't last long and would have to withdraw or in worse case retreat.
              From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
              Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
              "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Major Pruitt orders his men to finish reloading their Pistols and await orders. "Go easy on those canteens! You may really want it later."

Major Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
                Last edited by Pruitt; 27 Nov 17, 08:15.
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  Oh my...

You know, instead of waiting for the Federals to attack, there may be an opportunity to be seized here.

I have to send a runner out with a suggestion to my superior and to the Tigers and the NCGG;
                  "If the Philly hits the bank between the lines, I want to take that ship, and with your help we can do it. My militia will be of little help in a general advance, but they are fine brawlers and taking a ship isn't a place where proper formations matter, only aggressiveness.
                  -Richter
                  I like this idea.
                  The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• It certainly would fit the standard other Rainbow units set in centuries eh, ...future

I'm a bit far removed to actively participate though, but Finch would applaud any such attempt.
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Oh my...

-Richter
                      Colonel Fawcett applauds the initiative.

Seeing the remainder of the line resting and readying themselves in good order, he offers his full support to Richter's plan. "Will you need any support from the Tigers, or would they be free to slip into your positions as you board the gunboat?" He is entirely confident that the Guard can hold their positions alone. With the extra ammunition stashed in the bottom of their trenches, he invites a General Attack from the Federals and stands on the lip of his trench to examine the condition and movement of the enemy as they regroup. What was Burnside up to?

A rider is sent the length of the line to ask each commander the condition of their unit, and whether they are ready to:

1. Stand against a Federal attack in their current positions without reinforcement.
                      2. Counterattack against a Federal line thrown into disorder.

3. Whether they require resupply in situ, or relief.

The rider is to report the assembled details back to my position and keep low.
                      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Greetings gentlemen, once again my apologies for my frequent bouts of enforced absence but rest assured I am working hard in the rear areas supervising the loading of essential supplies for my battery..

Comment

• Mr Tremayne! How is your head?
                          Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• A lowly runner gulped hard as he drew close to Major Holden, he could hear Holden directed orders at his subordinates in firm but authoritative tone. The runner knew Holden had no time for nonsense orders that could sidetrack his focus which was readying Badgers for more sharpshooting duties, and if he did receive stupid orders, he'd berate the messenger in no uncertain terms precisely why this was so and so.

"Sir," the runner stood behind Major Holden's back and there was fear in his voice as he spoke, but he fought to keep his fear down, so he raised his voice slightly. "Sir! I have a message --," the runner said as Major Holden turned around, his eyes locked on the runner with ice cold stare, his face always with perpetual scowl. Holden was a man who had never shown a smile in many years and quite difficult to get along, but he was firmly in command and more than enough demonstrated capability to lead men into battle. His men loved him deeply and were eager to please Holden, and the only way to do this was to kill enemy officers as many as possible. Just the way Holden wanted it be.

The runner gulped hard as he proceeded to rely the message to Major Holden, "Yes sir, Tremayne is down, and you're only one around with commanding experience, so you're ordered to take over command of Tremayne's artillery until a replacement officer can be found." Holden stared at him for what seemed like a long time and inhaled a long, deep breath. Holden was about to explode in a fit of temper and ready to fire full of expletives at the runner when Holden's second in command who was standing by whispered something into Holden's ear, pulling him closer by his arms.

Holden listened and nodded as his second in command calmly advised something, the runner looked never more relieved than before as he stood erect awaiting further orders from Holden. After Holden finished listening to his subordinate, he stepped closer to the runner and his face was awfully close to the runner's face, maybe one or two inches too close. Holden's index finger raised to the runner's face and simply said, "Son, you're lucky to be alive right now, you piece of s---, here are my orders," The runner stood straight up, his eyes looking past Holden, though it was a difficult thing to do given the fact Holden was literally close to his face. The runner nodded as Holden gave orders.

Player's Orders:

1. Holden is to have a handpicked officer to take over the command of artillery, the handpicked officer will have the artillery unit's most senior officer assisting him with technical details and best course of action in providing fire support. More importantly, they are ordered not to bother Holden with request for further orders, as Holden cannot be in two places at once. However, they are to update Holden with any major news regarding the artillery unit.

2. The artillery is to load in canisters and hold fire until the enemy is at 200-300 meters. After that, it's up to the handpicked officer and artillery's most senior officer deciding on what to do next.

3. Holden will sill be in vicinity of his Badgers holding the strong point, Badgers is to continue firing at brigade command or any party made up of officers that can be observed along the enemy's front line. Holden will go through his men, exhorting them to do better and pointing where to direct sharpshooting fire at. Badgers shall never stop badgering the enemy.

4. Holden sends a runner to Colonel Facwett requesting a replacement officer for the artillery unit.
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                              Colonel Fawcett applauds the initiative.

Seeing the remainder of the line resting and readying themselves in good order, he offers his full support to Richter's plan. "Will you need any support from the Tigers, or would they be free to slip into your positions as you board the gunboat?"
                              ((the first thing I have to remember is Tac's injunction against splitting the command up, it has to be the whole Company or nothing)

"Firstly; making the attempt at all would depend on where exactly the Gunboat hits the bank. If it is within or next to the Federal lines, we don't stand much chance. If it strikes closer to our lines I would need the full support of all our Fort's artillery, and one or two regular Companies to keep those Rhode Islanders from advancing and trapping my company in and around that boat.
                              My view of the situation may not be very good when the time comes, I await your approval and/or order to proceed."

- Richter

Meanwhile, I seem to have little to do, I'll send the Sgt. Major down the lines to find out who among us knows anything about ships. I'll need them to help guide our storming of that gunboat, should the opportunity arise.
                              Last edited by The Exorcist; 27 Nov 17, 13:24.

Comment

• Update Incoming....just a 20 minute one this time.
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X