X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Richter takes control of the N.C. Militia

Originally posted by Khryses View Post
    Orders (in brief):

-Holden to join Tremayne in the fortified works south of Fort Thompson.
    -NCGG to relieve the Tigers in the forward trenches, keeping low to obscure the changing of the Guard.
    -Tigers to retire to the Fort, rest and recover and hold themselves ready to protect the West wall against a stray Federal landing party.
    -Sennef to return to reserve in Finch's rear.
    -Dee to join Pruitt in his fortified position; we will not make the Tarheels (me?) vacate the fortification they bled to save.
    -Bates to occupy the fortified position directly ahead of him, currently held by Dee.

Ammunition wagons to move along the rear of the line, replacing everyone's ammunition supply. Anticipating a high ROF from the Guard, ensure that surplus ammunition for their rifles is stacked inside the Fort.
    I can't tell which of that refers to me, but here is what I know;

We have 145 effectives with good ammo and in good spirits, but badly winded after driving the enemy off.
    If the idea is to lure the Yankees back in for another attack (and they might do that anyway) I could have 2/3rds of the men hunker down at the bottom of the trench, staying hidden until the enemy is within Buck & Ball range.
    I do not think that they are in any shape to mount an attack.

Standing by...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      I can't tell which of that refers to me, but here is what I know;

We have 145 effectives with good ammo and in good spirits, but badly winded after driving the enemy off.
      If the idea is to lure the Yankees back in for another attack (and they might do that anyway) I could have 2/3rds of the men hunker down at the bottom of the trench, staying hidden until the enemy is within Buck & Ball range.
      I do not think that they are in any shape to mount an attack.

Standing by...
      Welcome aboard.

K's orders does not mention the NC Militia, which were under Leroy(Frtigern) Tigers control until your arrival.

As you are now here, I would look at Tac's last map. I believe the Militia is just outside the Fort facing South.

The Tarheels are cavalry and belong to Pruitt.

Comment

• Correct on all counts. Leroy has been handling the militia until you arrived on the field Captain Richter (name added to file). From this point forward they'll be listening to you instead.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Welcome to the fight, Captain Richter.

The Grenadier Guards are replacing the Tigers in their trench to give them a chance to recover. The Militia's current position should be shielded by our arc of fire if you would like to rest and recover in place.

Colonel Fawcett supports your initiative to rest 2/3 of the militia in the bottom of the trench pending an enemy advance.

At this stage we're holding until we are able to turn an enemy flank.
          Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• The gunboats are still an intolerable issue. I order the gun captains to train on the nearest gunboat and use percussion shell (impact fuze) to try and set it on fire. That includes the Columbiad that I focus my efforts on in getting it back into service.

Comment

• I don't think I've been banned, all I know is that the mods deleted a bunch of my posts in the thread below because I dared to suggest that maybe slavery wasn't so bad after all..
              http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...24#post3426224

PS- Anyway I'm moving on to another military forum (there are plenty out there who don't ban free speech), and my standing order to the Britannic Battery for the rest of the Rainbow campaign is to simply entertain the Union troops with hot lead and shrapnel, but to withdraw immediately to a new position in the rear if it looks like the enemy are about to overun us and seize our kettles and teapots..

Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 20 Nov 17, 12:55.

Comment

• You might have been away anyway, but you did get a 1 day ban, we saw that.

I'm not a mod, and we'll refrain from discussing stuff happening in other threads here, so everything's good.

Comment

• OOC:

How was the battle of New Bern fought out in real life? I assume the Union won a major victory...?
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post

PS- Anyway I'm moving on to another military forum (there are plenty out there who don't ban free speech), and my standing order to the Britannic Battery for the rest of the Rainbow campaign is to simply entertain the Union troops with hot lead and shrapnel, but to withdraw immediately to a new position in the rear if it looks like the enemy are about to overun us and seize our kettles and teapots..
                    So I guess without Maj Tremayne leadership in place, at the first chance it gets, the battery will shoot its kettle and teapots at the enemy and then immediate run away...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                      OOC:

How was the battle of New Bern fought out in real life? I assume the Union won a major victory...?
                      The militia formed behind a (much more scratch) defensive line and folded when the Union pressed a weaker point in the line.

Longer version is here.

We trust Captain Exo will have a somewhat more impressive showing.
                      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                        OOC:

It was. Well, it wasn't an enormous fight. Branch did fortify, not quite as good as you all did, but there were breastworks. Branch had a dog leg in his fortifications, and that was manned by militia. Burnside sent a strong attack against this dogleg and once it broke he was able to roll up the rest of the breastwork. After that fell, Branch wasn't able to reassert control East of Kinston, many many miles away.

Basically in the Rainbow Time Line, there's one experienced and LAVISHLY equipped brigade that wasn't present historically....and you all managed not to build in an obvious weak point in your fortifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                          So I guess without Maj Tremayne leadership in place, at the first chance it gets, the battery will shoot its kettle and teapots at the enemy and then immediate run away...
                          This update they'll just stay in place. For the remainder of the battle they will fall under the immediately adjacent major Holden. After the battle, they will disappear, being called away to other fronts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post
                            It's just that if I'm going to get banned (the clock is ticking down) you guys will be looking around wondering "Why has he stopped posting, has he deserted us or what?", and there'd be no way for me to contact you, so I thought a nice clean break now would be best, jumping before I'm pushed..

Comment

• When a person is banned here, the posts remain and the word Banned appears where the rank was. You served the one day ban. It is up to you whether you stay or go.

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• We'll continue this by PM. Trying to keep this thread off the radar with the mods, present company excluded.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X