Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
    "

Bates sees Capt Walsh riding towards him and after quick discussion, mentions that Major Bird could move his battalion little bit north to take 24th directly and guard their left flank better.
    Sen,

I tried to do something similar earlier but the MC (Tac) advised me that I can't break the unity of my group and defend two positions.

I would humbly suggest to you that Bates and Dee take care of manning the South fortifications and leave Pruitt go dashing into the fortifications between Finch and my position.

Comment

• Alright, let us do that.
      From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
      Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
      "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Major Pruitt gets a message that a hole has opened in the line up North. "Orderly, tell the men we have a mission, they need to mount up!
        'Men, we have to go plug a hole in our line. We will ride as close as we can, dismount and fill the line. We will save our pistol rounds for when they get within spitting distance! You all should have your pickets so tie your horse up behind the line and get to the Front. Sharpshooters, target the officers, NCO's and Flag parties. Let us be thankful for we re about to receive! Now move out!"
        Major Pruitt
        Pruitt swings into action to plug the gap..

PS- I know my screenshots are not so hot in the historical accuracy dept but my excuse is that I'm not an expert on the ACW but I'm learning!
        I recently got the ACW Mod for the 'Empire: Total War' game which is where these screenshots are coming from (with a bit of photoshopping for dramatic effect)..
        Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 15 Nov 17, 10:02.

Comment

• No complaints here, very much enjoying your on-field photographer’s work.
          Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Of course that would be prescient.......or wishful thinking at the moment. We all indeed hope that Pruitt's arrival will have that sort of effect......
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              Of course that would be prescient.......or wishful thinking at the moment. We all indeed hope that Pruitt's arrival will have that sort of effect......

Well, a few enfilade shots from the Britannic pounders would make a difference ...Just saying....

Comment

• Deadline

Friday at 2100EST if you please:

Currently I have the following orders (condensed for brevity):

Pruitt: Ride to the gap/strongpoint between Bird and Finch, dismount, take positions, and defend.

Dee: Hold current strongpoint, targeting officers when possible.

Bates: Hold current strongpoint.

Bird: Prepare fallback positions at the Brick Yard. Hold Current Positions. Send rider to Gen. Branch to request he bring up additional troops.

Tremayne: Continue to fire on troops directly threatening battery. If pressed close, limber and withdraw to long range.

Saddle Blazers (proxy): Ride around the Fort on the river side, and take the Yankees from the Saddle in their flank/rear.

Fawcett (Guards): Open fire on 10th CT and if Leroy and the militia are routed/withdraw use grenades to cover them or stop continued charge.

Leroy: "In Death Ground, Fight"

Militia: Umm....try not to die

Finch: Rotate troops on the barricades to give the troops that had been in front a break.

Looks like I'm just waiting on Holden and Gardner. Gardner, keep in mind that the Columbiad is out of action for now, crew killed and a fire in the embrasure.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Seeing the Columbiad go down and the fire, I pull a man off each field piece to go put out the fire with water buckets (we have those for sponging the gun among other things) and then man it along with any surviving original crew. "Get those Yankee gunboats!"

With the field pieces... I am for a moment torn as to what to do. If I load canister, the Tigers get it too. The gunboats are still dangerous, but there's more infantry approaching.
                  "Load case! One and half second fuze! Fire on those regiments further out," I order. "Get more canister shots ready on the line too."

If the Tigers crumble against the 10th, then it's double canister in the Union troops faces.

I then get a lieutenant to round up anyone and everyone in the fort not manning a gun and get them on the ramparts of the fort with a loaded musket.

I send a runner to find the brigadier with a note. The fort will not hold out if the few infantry we have outside in front of it are routed. I have few men within the walls besides my artillerymen to hold it. Request reinforcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                    Pruitt swings into action to plug the gap..

PS- I know my screenshots are not so hot in the historical accuracy dept but my excuse is that I'm not an expert on the ACW but I'm learning!
                    I recently got the ACW Mod for the 'Empire: Total War' game which is where these screenshots are coming from (with a bit of photoshopping for dramatic effect)..
                    OOC: You’d do well with Ultimate Generals as well. On steam and made by the same guy who did all the Darth Mods for the Total War games.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      (...)
                      Finch: Rotate troops on the barricades to give the troops that had been in front a break.
                      Correct.

Note that in an emergency I could use the rear rank to extend my my frontage and help cover the gaps on my flanks.
                      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        OOC: You’d do well with Ultimate Generals as well. On steam and made by the same guy who did all the Darth Mods for the Total War games.
                        Thanks, I got 'Ultimate General Civil War' a few weeks ago, it's not bad but you're in birds-eye view all the time and can't get down to ground level to rub shoulders with the troops, I've just done a review here ..-
                        http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=174545
                        ------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Capt AFB View Post

...a few enfilade shots from the Britannic pounders would make a difference ...Just saying...
                        Regrettably my dear chap, my Battery, along with Mr. Finch, have got our hands full with the 23 MA blighters to our front, the first wave came to within 50 yards of us (what cheek) but we managed to halt them in their tracks; however follow-up waves are advancing and we'll need every bullet, shell and canister to try to stop them too.
                        If they refuse to waver, I intend quickly limbering and withdrawing to a new position to our rear before they overun us which would be a catastrophe because they'd seize our kettles and teapots!
                        Yours, Tremayne

(Below: Screenshot from 'Empire Total War:ACW mod')
                        Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 16 Nov 17, 09:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post

Regrettably my dear chap, my Battery, along with Mr. Finch, have got our hands full with the 23 MA blighters to our front, the first wave came to within 50 yards of us (what cheek) but we managed to halt them in their tracks; however follow-up waves are advancing and we'll need every bullet, shell and canister to try to stop them too.
                          If they refuse to waver, I intend quickly limbering and withdrawing to a new position to our rear before they overun us which would be a catastrophe because they'd seize our kettles and teapots!
                          Yours, Tremayne
                          Well, I say that if you are in so much trouble that you need to keep an eye on your ammo, I suggest that you fire your kettles and teapots at them...If it does not hurt them, maybe they will stop to make tea and slow their momentum down and avoid a catastrophe for Rainbow brigade!

Comment

• Addendum: I will try to also get any militia that are falling back to enter the fort and man the walls.

Comment

• Mr. Gardner's cannons in the fort dish it out to the gunboats..

Comment

• Looks like I'm the last one to issue the orders.

Player's Orders:

Holden orders all of his men to concentrate the fire on enemy brigades coming over the breastworks. The main target will be 10th CT and 23rd MA. Target all officers. The enemy is too close now to risk a few volleys at the mounted party. Badgers is to hold the station between the fort and strong points.
                                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X