No announcement yet.

Rainbow Regiment, Ep 1: 1861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lieutenant, gather the men who can fight and and prepare them for further action. Let the men loot the dead if you see it happening, but make sure that they treat the them with respect, they fought well and valiantly. Sergeant, take care of the wounded. Make sure that they get the treatment they require and that they are comfortable. Gather ammunition from our wounded and send it to Lieutenant for further use. Did you get this, good. Now do it fast, gentlemen dismissed!" With that Bates send his officers away and called his bugler to him as he walked over the dead and wounded.

"Go tell Colonel that Bates Irregulars can still fight in the line, but we require short break. We are skirmishers, not grenadiers" He said to the bugler.
    From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
    "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

• Captain Pruitt sends a note to Colonel Sennef: "We have two Yankee Regiments in the Ford. The Yankee Artillery is suppressed. What say we punish the wet Yankees with our Artillery until they run? Cavalry does not attack into a river well.."

Captain Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• I say you chaps, if I read the situation correctly, Mr. Fawcett could do with a bit of a hand, so I've ordered my battery to sweep down the arrow to pour canister into those blighters in the ford.
        Yours, Tremayne (Britannic Bty)

Comment

• My remaining gun will continue to use shot and case alternately on the retreating Yankee troops on the far side of the ford. I send a messenger back to my camp ordering the artificers and tradesmen to come forward with all haste and make good the damaged gun carriage and limber.

I also send my Lieutenant to the colonel of our brigade and suggest he send some of our cavalry to secure those Yankee cannon for use in the future of our cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            So far here's what I have:

Sennef: Rounding up prisoners, has seconded command of the pursuit to Fawcett.

Dee: Riding to Fawcett and continuing the pursuit

Fawcett: "Ride of the Valkyries" whether anyone joins him or not.

Pruitt: Reloading all weapons, then following Dee in the pursuit

Finch: Consolidating position

Leroy: Reload, rest, and eat
            OOC: just to the river. The Hussars aren't going to go for a swim. Push them to the banks and then use the rifles - San Jacinto style. We're not trying to make it to Washington today!

Comment

• OOC: So is anyone (the units Fawcett ordered to or others) going to assist the Grenadiers in completing the rout or are we taking care of the last 1400 or so on our own?
              Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• If we can get some canister into the regiments IN the Ford, I think they will break. Then we can secure the abandoned Yankee Artillery. Is that last Yankee Regiment still trying to enter the Ford?

Comment

• To quote myself

e 16th now finding itself going in reverse, their opportunity to affect this particular fight lost.

So they're crossing back to the NORTH of the ford. And they're not routing, they're in good order. The mob is troops from the 18th, 31st, and 32nd running into the back of the 16ths marching column.

Just to make sure that everyone, everyone, is clear, because I won't be hearing a bunch of complaining later.......the artillery is not captured, it is abandoned. If no one gets up there to physically capture it, then the enemy will almost assuredly make off with it, either the 16th will send a party, or the gunners will return to their pieces.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• The Guard are going for the guns.

If we have (literally, any) Cavalry support we can throw a patrol up the road towards Centreville and unhinge the entire Federal position, but if we have to take them on alone we will.

Comment

• Captain Pruitt dismounts his command. Fifteen Horse Holders take hold of 60 horses and the fortyfive dismounts trot up to the River and pour fire into the fleeing Yankees. If they run far enough we will remount and head for the Yankee Artillery.

Captain Pruitt addresses his dismounts: "Men, we will use our Enfields to try and encourage our Yankee Friends to run for Washington! Keep your loads in your Pistols until we get into close contact. The Enfields can reach accurately out to 400 yards. Horse Holders watch me for a signal to bring the horses up. We may well have to remount and ride for the guns."

Comment

• Cpt Leroy pulls his binoculars to assess the situation. Union artillery abandoned, Union troops routing. This could be the prime opportunity to make an advance through and get those guns. We have the mobility and could most definitely get there. He sends a runner to the Col. The Tigers can capture those guns.
                        The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• CS turns to his deputy:

Harry,

Kindly make sure we get those guns.
                          Our artillery to physically move them
                          infantry, sharpshooters in particular, over the ford to provide cover
                          and then EVERYBODY back to our side of the ford.

This battle may not be over yet.

What do you think? Back to Phase 2?
                          Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 16 Oct 17, 00:09. Reason: typo, adding colours
                          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• CS sends his men, the Saddle Blazers, and their prisoners back to the safety south of Signal Hill.
                            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• If the fight’s not over yet sir, I’d dearly like to know what’s coming down that road before it shakes out into battle lines at the ford.

Now I’m not saying we drive on Washington (although I’m not saying we don’t either!) but once we drive the enemy from view I strongly recommend sending a patrol of light cavalry after them to feel the enemy and get a sense of how much more he can shake loose from his reserve at this end of his line.

If he has enough men to spare the rest of Fifth division to face Rainbow, the left may be in trouble - but get their guns into action even skeleton crewed and they won’t shift us without a fresh division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khryses View Post
                                If the fight’s not over yet sir, I’d dearly like to know what’s coming down that road before it shakes out into battle lines at the ford.

Now I’m not saying we drive on Washington (although I’m not saying we don’t either!) but once we drive the enemy from view I strongly recommend sending a patrol of light cavalry after them to feel the enemy and get a sense of how much more he can shake loose from his reserve at this end of his line.

If he has enough men to spare the rest of Fifth division to face Rainbow, the left may be in trouble - but get their guns into action even skeleton crewed and they won’t shift us without a fresh division.
                                OOC: we should take this up with the GM as in your suggestion we will be working off map
                                BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X