Rainbow Regiment, Ep 1: 1861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "On, lads! Across the river and on to glory! Follow me!"

Though tired from their long morning, Fawcett's men have tasted victory and seen the Yankees flee from them twice now. They are in no mood to let them escape to come again another day, and advance steadily in their wake with volley after volley from their rapid-firing carbines.

Once across the ford (if across the ford), they take a sharp detour east and dash to seize the federal guns before the chaos resolves to allow their gunners to bring them back into action.

"One more push and the day is ours!"

With fortune and conviction, this whole armed conflict could be ended on the banks of Bull Run this day.
    Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

Comment

• Rainbow Brigade - Casualty Returns

Gardner’s Battery - 15 Effective, 5 Cas - 1 gun in action
      Britannic Battery - 17 Effective, 3 Cas - 3 guns in action

Tar Heel Troop - 60 Effective, 10 Cas
      Sennef’s Saddle Blazers - 40 Effective, 30 Cas
      Dee’s “Dutch” Hussars - 45 Effective, 15 Cas

NC Grenadier Guards - 102 Effective, 18 Cas
      Bird’s Green Jackets - 70 Effective, 50 Cas
      Finch’s Company - 90 Effective, 50 Cas
      Bates’ Company - 60 Effective, 60 Cas
      Tiger Rifles - 75 Effective, 45 Cas
      Georgia Badgers Militia - 120 Effective

Comment

• Captain Pruitt surveys the scene. "Orderly! Tell the NCO's that I want our Rifles and Pistols reloaded. I want the wounded seen to. Check the horses carefully for damage. We will detail ten men to start sorting the prisoners. I want to make sure the wounded are not robbed, but check their haversacks to see if they have any Cheese and Coffee Beans.

Once we get the Prisoners seen to, I want the Dead Yankees brought into a central location and laid out. These will have no further use for money or personal items. We will get some shovels up here and allow the Yankees to dig shallow graves for them to be laid in. I want the Yankee arms and ammo laid out. If there are any good pistols, reserve them for our Troopers that don't have any Revolvers.

Send a note to Colonel Sennef congratulating him on his gallant action. Take him a pound of Yankee Coffee as well! Call up our support men and have them look at the captured cannon and see if they can put the disabled ones back together. Our Artillery Brothers can look into putting the captured cannons into their Batteries.

We need to send some recruiting parties back and get some more men!"

Captain Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Finch’s Company - 90 Effective, 50 Cas
          Finch curses silently while keeping up a controlled appearance, as he tries to reform what's left of his company.

He addresses a nearby sergeant.

"We've got a few moments now.."

"I want the wounded out of the trench, the lightly wounded help the severely wounded."

"Take them to our fall back position as indicated by the Colonel earlier and report, use my horse to help carry those that cannot walk..."

He dismounts, joins his men in the trench, and takes up a musket himself.

"We form in two ranks now. One rank loaded and ready at all times as before."

"Skirmishers (what's left of them) out ! Cover the ground to the river bank."

"Assemble the remaining ammo and distribute it to those men that can still fight."
          Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Oct 17, 07:04.
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• OOC: Well, my men seem to have had quite the bloodlust, joining in on that crusade. I'm proud of them. Two quick things:

1) on the map, I'm not sure which is my unit now, since it seems Dee and Leroy are a jumble. I'm going to assume for a moment that might have something to do with the chaotic nature of the fighting!

2) what's the status of the men, both in terms of fatigue, morale and ammunition? I'm assuming morale is high at the moment, but I just want to be sure.

Comment

• Cpt Leroy regroups the men and takes roll of the casualties, good men that will be hard to replace. He sends men to get their wounds looked at and patched up and dead bodies of the Tigers consolidated. All weapons and ammunition are gathered and redistributed as needed. He has men rest and eat but ready to move.
              The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                OOC: Well, my men seem to have had quite the bloodlust, joining in on that crusade. I'm proud of them. Two quick things:

1) on the map, I'm not sure which is my unit now, since it seems Dee and Leroy are a jumble. I'm going to assume for a moment that might have something to do with the chaotic nature of the fighting!

2) what's the status of the men, both in terms of fatigue, morale and ammunition? I'm assuming morale is high at the moment, but I just want to be sure.
                Your unit is the rectangle the diamond is Leroy because he was in a skirmish formation. Your morale is very high you have plenty of ammo but your horses are a bit winded at the moment. And you can hear Fawcett yelling for more troops
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

• Orders, orders

OOC: Sennef says he will be offline for the next few days, so Fawcett will give direction to the brigade. As his blood is decidedly up after the last update, his orders are likely to be entirely predictable.

Colonel Sennef having the Federal Brigade commander at the point of his sword, Fawcett takes the lead on the advance. As the Guard advance relentlessly and begin their drive across the Ford, he looks around and takes a quick gauge of the relative strengths and conditions of Rainbow Brigade.

"Saddle Blazers, Bates, Bird, Finch; secure the prisoners and the position, regroup and reform the line.

"Gardner, Tremane, bring your guns right down to the waterline and keep them suppressed.

"Pruitt, Dee, Tigers and Badgers - with me. Forward, Rainbow!"

Comment

• Finch; secure the prisoners and the position, regroup and reform the line.
                    "Will do sir, I'll have them ready to advance if opportunity allows in less then an hour, ...or to repel another attack as needed."

[OOC, I'll be back on Monday as usual.]
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Deadline

Deadline for Orders is Tuesday as usual.

However,

Lady Tac and I are going on holiday next week (Tuesday-Thursday to be precise), anniversary and all that. So if everyone has orders in by Monday, I'll do the update then, which will give everyone time to get things done by the Thursday deadline.....and keep the game going at its current pace which seems to work for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        Your unit is the rectangle the diamond is Leroy because he was in a skirmish formation. Your morale is very high you have plenty of ammo but your horses are a bit winded at the moment. And you can hear Fawcett yelling for more troops
                        OOC; Thanks!

Orders: With his men already engaged hot and close with the enemy, Dee sees no reason to restrain them now. "Charge! Angriff! Attack!" he shouts, in perhaps a half-dozen languages. He pushes his men to follow the Yanks all the way to the river, trying to keep them somewhat organized, but wanting to keep up the initiative.

He shouts orders to send a couple of men back - the lightest wounded - to the other units behind them to help gather their wounded who cannot help themselves, since his men are caught up in the attack.

If they can push the Union back to the river, the men will stick to using their breach-loaders instead of piling in to the water after them - Dee had happened to read an article about the Battle of San Jacinto a few years before.

Comment

• Captain Pruitt orders his men to reload their pistols and Enfields. "Captain Dee, please take the lead of the column. When we are done reloading we will follow the rest of the column."

Captain Pruitt, Tarheel Legion Cavalry
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Prisoners

Before anyone asks:

1) Those blue grey blobs are prisoners. Est Total: 1400 based on size.

2) The Prisoners are behaving honorably. They're stacking arms if they have them and are taking care of their own wounded as best they can.

3) Yes, before you ask there are arms. No, don't bother asking about them right now. When Rainbow gets a break from combat, things like collecting up arms and artillery (IF you capture any of the latter) will occur automatically, and then things can be divvied up and such.

Comment

• Orders

So far here's what I have:

Sennef: Rounding up prisoners, has seconded command of the pursuit to Fawcett.

Dee: Riding to Fawcett and continuing the pursuit

Fawcett: "Ride of the Valkyries" whether anyone joins him or not.

Pruitt: Reloading all weapons, then following Dee in the pursuit

Finch: Consolidating position

Leroy: Reload, rest, and eat

Comment

• Cpt Bird sees to his company after their first shock of battle. They've seen the elephant and did not break...And brought the fight to the enemy at the first opportunity they got, with an impromptu bayonet charge...

He was not going to charge the enemy, but the momentum got them all... They were eager for the opportunity to give it back to the enemy... As his troops were not going to stop, he says to himself an old French expression from his past, "ouate de phoque" (French for "seal's cotton ball") and then yells "Charge!" against the Yanks lines...

Now the fight is over. Almost one in two of his troops is a casualty.

The Green Jackets' training kicks in. 2Lt Frumm and a work party goes back to their defensive position to repair and strengthen the line. The First Sergeant and his party are dealing with casualties. Lt Walsh and the rest of the troops are dealing with Yank prisoners.

There is haste in their movements. Cpt Bird wants to get everything done quickly...The exhaustion following the high adrenaline rush of battle will soon make the troops tired and sluggish...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X