Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scavengers, Ep 2: "Forged"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scavengers, Ep 2: "Forged"

    *Breakout*

    After a couple of days in Hyperspace, just enough that the crews of Kurotori and Patna have turned the very real task of extrapolating their destination from time and velocity in hyper into a fruitless endeavor, the three ships drop out.....

    Into a Nebula. One that sensors read as having been hit with a significant stellar event sometime in the past. Significant enough that they recognize shattered planets and moons among the debris. However, a moon and its moon continue to orbit the wan light of a Jupiter-size gas giant, with an extremely weak star co-orbiting, though in an orbit that your computers track as degrading within a couple thousand more years.

    Voyager turns towards the larger moon, with Patna and Kuroitori following. Coming into the atmosphere you pick up that it is breathable, although barely. As soon as the surface hoves into view beneath the dense cloud layer you see a blasted mess extending to the horizon, with no vegetation. Cutting into a valley between a plateau and a steep ridgeline you see squat buildings near a narrow landing field partially covered in debris.....some of the bunker-like structures also appear to be collapsed.

    Voyager tells Mugen "Your sword was recovered, it is being held in the locker until we land, per Navy regulations. I have no further personnel weapons aboard as I was not dispatched with a living crew"
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

  • #2
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    *Breakout*

    After a couple of days in Hyperspace, just enough that the crews of Kurotori and Patna have turned the very real task of extrapolating their destination from time and velocity in hyper into a fruitless endeavor, the three ships drop out.....

    Into a Nebula. One that sensors read as having been hit with a significant stellar event sometime in the past. Significant enough that they recognize shattered planets and moons among the debris. However, a moon and its moon continue to orbit the wan light of a Jupiter-size gas giant, with an extremely weak star co-orbiting, though in an orbit that your computers track as degrading within a couple thousand more years.

    Voyager turns towards the larger moon, with Patna and Kuroitori following. Coming into the atmosphere you pick up that it is breathable, although barely. As soon as the surface hoves into view beneath the dense cloud layer you see a blasted mess extending to the horizon, with no vegetation. Cutting into a valley between a plateau and a steep ridgeline you see squat buildings near a narrow landing field partially covered in debris.....some of the bunker-like structures also appear to be collapsed.

    Voyager tells Mugen "Your sword was recovered, it is being held in the locker until we land, per Navy regulations. I have no further personnel weapons aboard as I was not dispatched with a living crew"
    Mugen watches as they pass the dead system and listens to Voyager as she answers his question before replying.

    "What happened here? And I assume we're on to talk to your superiors about enlisting and compensation?"
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

    Comment


    • #3
      Kuroitori

      The sleek black craft follows Voyager down through the clouds, somehow pressed to silence by the silent majesty of the cosmic devastation they observed on their approach. Finally Ren turns to her crew and her passengers and arches a brow. "Looks like we're going to find out what this is all about, gentlemen. At least, assuming there's anyone home to talk to us. Anyone else get the feeling the nice lady's information is just a little out of date?"

      Gesturing for the others to strap into one of the seats around the table, she arcs down toward the landing site and hails the third craft with gracious courtesy. "Good fortune neighbors, Kuroitori hailing. Should I assume by the fact that the Skands were chasing you and you're here now, that you are enterprising folk who search for the good in other people's tragedies?"

      While awaiting their reply she transmits a quick interrogative to Voyager as well; "Is this where you need us to be? It looks like it's seen better days, but I don't see any threats." Understatement. Though truthfully she was keen to get out and have a look. The landing field was a maybe, but she circled once overhead while scanning for a clearer landing spot - ideally one as close as possible to the bunkers. As a master pilot in a good ship, she doesn't need much space.
      Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

      Comment


      • #4
        "Maybe these people have an extra ship we can crew? We need a ship!"

        Commander Pruitt, Navy, ret.
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

        Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

        by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

        Comment


        • #5
          Yil'chara will do a routine variety of scans of the "port" in front of us.

          Atmospheric conditions, life signs, obvious threats, etc..
          Last edited by Snowygerry; 19 Jun 17, 08:06.
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mugen

            "I....I don't know" Voyager replies quietly. "I'm receiving a ping from the landing beacon, so someone's still minding the store, I'll set down" Voyager's landing gear extend as she comes to rest with a soft thump. "I'll try to make contact and brief my superiors, feel free to exit the ship for now, the deck officer should meet you"

            Kuroitori

            Yil'chara's scans show several power signatures, a couple of weak ones on the surface and indications of a reactor or maybe more deep underground. There are plenty of places for the ship to land, and aside from a landing beacon transmitting some coded material, there's no other indications.

            Patna

            Your controls firm up as you enter atmo....you're free to maneuver. You see Voyager setting down and Kuroitori circling the field. Your sensors read a some power signatures.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              Mugen

              "I....I don't know" Voyager replies quietly. "I'm receiving a ping from the landing beacon, so someone's still minding the store, I'll set down" Voyager's landing gear extend as she comes to rest with a soft thump. "I'll try to make contact and brief my superiors, feel free to exit the ship for now, the deck officer should meet you"

              Kuroitori

              Yil'chara's scans show several power signatures, a couple of weak ones on the surface and indications of a reactor or maybe more deep underground. There are plenty of places for the ship to land, and aside from a landing beacon transmitting some coded material, there's no other indications.

              Patna

              Your controls firm up as you enter atmo....you're free to maneuver. You see Voyager setting down and Kuroitori circling the field. Your sensors read a some power signatures.
              Mugen exits the ship, waiting for who or whatever had been sent to greet him.
              First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll cover you from the ship, scanning immediate surroundings, alerting you to threats,

                Can someone finally tell me if this ship is armed in any way ?
                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I suggest that we scan the power sources to determine what kind they are and get a better read on their locations, it could come in handy in the future, before we set down.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    I suggest that we scan the power sources to determine what kind they are and get a better read on their locations, it could come in handy in the future, before we set down.
                    Hell yes!
                    "Lets circle around, have a look at what is really going on around here, and ... huh... did our astrogation computer record the journey? Because, if not, we can't leave and go our own way. I for one have no idea where we are!"


                    And after that long, lazy circle, we need to make a nice, soft landing. Having a couple of nearly-complet Fighter hulks rolling around in the hold could ruin our whole day.

                    "Hello... ground control?"
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

                    -Captain Jack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mugen

                      Mugen walks down the ramp onto a blasted landscape. While he can see some doors to various bunkers, the whole of the surface is just a jumbled mess.....nothing seems to be alive out here, and no one has come to greet him. At least the air is breathable. "I'll see about getting someone up here" Mugen hears in his head, the unmistakable voice of Voyager.

                      Kuroitori

                      Continues to lazily circle, looking for a place her pilot wants to land on.

                      Patna

                      Patna circles, noting a large quantity of various metals and parts strewn about along with rocks and such. Making a textbook landing, their communications are completely unanswered. Richie notices that there's a curious gap in the logs....seems they don't quite know where they are, and the tanks are pretty low anyway. There are a lot of energy signatures coming from the big plateau like bunker.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Kuroitori

                        Musing over her options, Ren considers the full vista around the landing pad and eventually decides to set down close by Voyager, interposing the older vessel in between her beloved light freighter and the most intact-looking bunkers. Just in case. "Roger that, Mister Yil'chara... and no, the ship isn't armed."

                        She gives her new crewman a tight smile and lowers the cargo ramp, locking down her console. "I, on the other hand..." the Nihon'Jae retrieves a pistol from under the pilot's yoke and shoves it into one pocket, "am."

                        Seeing Mugen moving about on the surface without decompressing explosively, she doesn't bother with a suit - just a breath mask, and she heads down through her ship to set foot on the alien world. "Are you reading this Yil'chara? Looks like someone shot the **** out of this place... a while ago. Can you pick up any signs of live energy readings?"

                        Weaving through the debris, she joins Mugen at the foot of Voyager's ramp and touches her fingers to her elbow and then her brow in a regional "are you ok?" gesture used largely by Nihon'ja - though known to some who deal with them.
                        Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Mugen

                          Mugen walks down the ramp onto a blasted landscape. While he can see some doors to various bunkers, the whole of the surface is just a jumbled mess.....nothing seems to be alive out here, and no one has come to greet him. At least the air is breathable. "I'll see about getting someone up here" Mugen hears in his head, the unmistakable voice of Voyager.

                          Kuroitori

                          Continues to lazily circle, looking for a place her pilot wants to land on.

                          Patna

                          Patna circles, noting a large quantity of various metals and parts strewn about along with rocks and such. Making a textbook landing, their communications are completely unanswered. Richie notices that there's a curious gap in the logs....seems they don't quite know where they are, and the tanks are pretty low anyway. There are a lot of energy signatures coming from the big plateau like bunker.
                          Mugen sends his own communication acknowledging Voyager's message and scans the area and attempts to find whoever the greeter is.
                          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                            Patna

                            Patna circles, noting a large quantity of various metals and parts strewn about along with rocks and such. Making a textbook landing, their communications are completely unanswered. Richie notices that there's a curious gap in the logs....seems they don't quite know where they are, and the tanks are pretty low anyway. There are a lot of energy signatures coming from the big plateau like bunker.
                            Wow, a bunker the size of a plateau, and sill operational?
                            Sucks that nobody is talking to us, maybe they can't?

                            "Well, time to get out there and meet 'em face to face." She grins, and shrugs at the Fighter Pilot. "Sorry about the detour, but this is where you get off. First off, if you don't mind? the Hatch is right below."

                            It would be cool if we had one of those hatches you swing straight down from, like in the nose of a B-17.

                            Once the Pilot is gone, she peels off the suit and talks to her partner at the same time.
                            "I'm thinking that going out there armed to the teeth won't impress these folks, but maybe going unarmed would just be asking for it."

                            Richie is ... this will save time -

                            Just add a small respirator hanging from her throat, and a long brown coat over one shoulder in case it is colder than it looks in this desert. There is a ceramic knife in that coat.
                            And let's start with a smile just like that one, too.


                            We landed close enough so that it won't be much of a walk to meet the others, and Richie does her best to make a good 1st impression;
                            "Howdy! Interesting place, does anyone know why we are here, exactly?"
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

                            -Captain Jack

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              “Well it seems we have no choice but to find out who is in charge, shall we go.”

                              Lawrence will load up on weapons.
                              A vibro-blade sword over his right shoulder
                              5 daggers hidden in various places on his body
                              A shotgun over his left shoulder
                              A .40 caliber pistol on his hip
                              And a plasma rifle in his hands.

                              (he is also considering bringing a dozen or so grenades)
                              Last edited by Tsar; 23 Jun 17, 01:17.
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X