Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 2 Decisions (Redux)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 2 Decisions (Redux)

EDIT: Now includes the possibility for multiple selections! I always seem to miss that button... Anyway, feel free to post from the other thread into here, revote, or do whatever you feel.

Now if you excuse me, I have a few angry men in leather trenchcoats who want to ask me what I was trying to do by messing up the Wehrmacht's plans, and just who I am working for...

Previous Decisions

*~*~*
    Luftwaffe Oil Allocation

Exploit Oil Fields

Luftwaffe Oil Allocation - Enough for 2 Panzergruppen - 12pp
    17.24%
    Luftwaffe Oil Allocation - Enough for 1 Panzergruppe - 8pp
    0.00%
    Luftwaffe Oil Allocation - Luftwaffe has priority - 0pp
    3.45%
    Exploit Oil Fields - Support the initiative - 4pp
    20.69%
    Exploit Oil Fields - Neutral stance - 0pp
    0.00%
    Exploit Oil Fields - Oppose the initiative - 0pp
    0.00%
    Propaganda Film - Get Derek filmed - 8pp
    6.90%
    Propaganda Film - Deputize staff officer - 4pp
    10.34%
    Propaganda Film - Derek is too busy - 0pp
    3.45%
    Rail Infrastructure AGN - Ignore it - 4pp
    0.00%
    Rail Infrastructure AGN - Put things back together - 8pp
    20.69%
    Rail Infrastructure AGN - Why is it important? - 0pp
    0.00%
    Relocate FSB AGC - Brest-Litowsk - 6pp
    3.45%
    Relocate FSB AGC - No change - 0pp
    13.79%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 19 Jul 16, 09:15.

Propaganda Film

Rail Infrastructure AGN

Relocate FSB AGC

Comment

I want the Luftwaffe's fuel, the Austrian oil in the future, and the rail infrastructure.
      I also think that Goering will be at our throats if we go ahead with that request, so I'd vote for the intermediate alternative as to propaganda. If we turn the CO into a star, lots of power players might get envious and generals might find that despicable; but totally ignoring Goebbel's idea means antagonizing him and not getting any clout - which we will need to face Goering's riposte.

A costly selection all in all, but this time IIRC we went with implementing the Führer's plans, so we should be better off with political points to start with.

As to the HGM's main depot, that's their decision.
      Michele

Comment

We should wait to move the FSB until we take Minsk. Otherwise we will be moving it again with the resulting disruption occurring twice. I would expect that we will be able to take Minsk in another 2-3 weeks.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I feel these 67 points currently available are meant be spent on useful things and not to be hoarded as a goal by itself.
          This turn IMO happens to be a turn where I think they can be spent wisely, hence the hefty spending.

1 - 2. Oil is the blood to victory so points that increases our oil reserves we can control are point well spent.
          Hence oil to go to 2 PzGs and exploitation of the Austrian fields.

3. Cooperating on the propaganda film will give us political brown points.

4 - 5. The maxim “Professionals care about logistics, amateurs about tactics” is behind my choice to spend points on the rail infra structure and relocating the FSB.
          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
            I feel these 67 points currently available are meant be spent on useful things and not to be hoarded as a goal by itself.
            Indeed. But on the other hand, if points do run low, then I have to make decisions on where to allocate them ("Do I support AGS's railroads or secure more Baltic barges for the AGN...").

And I may require my underlin- I mean subordinates to justify why I need to spend my points on them rather than someone else...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
              This turn IMO happens to be a turn where I think they can be spent wisely, hence the hefty spending.

1 - 2. Oil is the blood to victory so points that increases our oil reserves we can control are point well spent.
              Hence oil to go to 2 PzGs and exploitation of the Austrian fields.

3. Cooperating on the propaganda film will give us political brown points.

4 - 5. The maxim “Professionals care about logistics, amateurs about tactics” is behind my choice to spend points on the rail infra structure and relocating the FSB.
              The problem with moving the FSB is that for 2 turns we do not get fuel to conduct operations. Right now we are easily within the range of our supplies and should push forward with everything we have rather than give the Red army a chance to recover from the shock we have already inflicted on them. We should be able to take Minsk in 2-3 turns which should also be when we will need to stop a give our Panzers some R&R.
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                The problem with moving the FSB is that for 2 turns we do not get fuel to conduct operations. Right now we are easily within the range of our supplies and should push forward with everything we have rather than give the Red army a chance to recover from the shock we have already inflicted on them. We should be able to take Minsk in 2-3 turns which should also be when we will need to stop a give our Panzers some R&R.
                Lucid clarification, thnx! I based my choices on information available to me at that time.
                @ Derek, if possible I'd like to change my vote on FSB to: 'no change'.
                Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 20 Jul 16, 03:21.
                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

AGS votes

Here goes...

1. I choose enough high octane fuel for two Panzer Gruppen

2. I support the initiative to expand the Austrian oil fields.

3. I think Derek would look cute filmed!

4. Put the infrastructure back together!

5. Do not move the FSB.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                    Berlin.1945
                    by casanova
                    The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                    Yesterday, 23:41
                  • casanova
                    AW 169M
                    by casanova
                    The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                    Yesterday, 23:26
                  • JBark
                    What changed?
                    by JBark
                    There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                    Yesterday, 18:54
                  Working...
                  X