Summary

Maps

Comment

AGS

Summary

Maps

Comment

Ah, thanks.
          Looks like the PG4 did fine, but the Reds blew that bridge.... I guess that's what the red circle means?

I'll wait for the video.

Comment

When bridges get blown that means Krushchev or Zhukov is nearby. You will get Kaunas next turn as we move before they do!

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              When bridges get blown that means Krushchev or Zhukov is nearby. You will get Kaunas next turn as we move before they do!

Pruitt
              Understood, but I'm looking at more than that now, I have the chance to pocket a dozen enemy Divs complete with an HQ, but that depends on those infantry being able to move a hex or two PAST Kaunas.

And I still don't know how fast an Infantry Div can move, no idea.
              And since I am going to down-shift to sustained attack, that is really crucial information.

Comment

Infantry Divisions are more affected by the terrain they move through. You may well have to settle for bagging fewer Red Army units. I am able to use 3rd PG units to cross the boundary line to help trap the Red Army around Kaunas when I play the game, but they are not where you need them in this game. They are too far to the South.

The RA triple stack are dead already but the two stacks with four RA units (including the RA 11 HQ will probably get pushed East away from 16th Army units. Be careful about sending in your PG 4 task Force deep between the two quadruple stacks as you can get them surrounded.

It may be possible to send one or two Infantry Divisions across the boundary to bypass Kaunas, but I am thinking the river will stop them. This may be the only way to get a unit there. You can possibly move, say the 253rd ID one hex SE and one hex NE, but you won't have enough AP to attack. I would support you if you would want to take the extra PP penalty to make this move.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  And I still don't know how fast an Infantry Div can move, no idea.
                  And since I am going to down-shift to sustained attack, that is really crucial information.
                  You can move three ID across the Nieman into Kaunas and three NE from the 121st, 123rd and 126th Infantry stack NE and still attack the RA triple stack. You would be able to move the 21st ID one hex NE, the 290th one hex NE and then one hex SE. You will then have these RA units surrounded on five of six sides. All you need is to move the quadruple stack to the NE to complete the bag. Do you want to use your PG 4 task group to do this?

I would counsel sending the 6th Panzer and Totenkopf North to cut off the BMD HQ unit retreat.

Pruitt

Comment

Please note!

One thing I prefer is if the Armeegruppe commanders personally send me their orders in one PM, so it is easier to keep track of them.

Otherwise I have to search around the thread to make sure I didn't miss any. That also allows each AG to codify the orders a bit more to ensure intra-army cooperation - orders are processed in a very linear model, so if you want different army units to fight together you'll need to stress that before, rather than after.

Comment

Turn 2 Video

Comment

Looks good, when would you like our orders in to you?

Comment

So Exo and Pruitt changed their command from South to North, right? I was on vacation for 2 weeks and followed game occasionally.
                          Who`s commanding South then?

Comment

No, I still command Army Group South. Check with the other guys to see if there is a command spot open. If none, I can offer you 6th Army.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              No, I still command Army Group South. Check with the other guys to see if there is a command spot open. If none, I can offer you 6th Army.

Pruitt
                              No, no, I`m still in charge of AGC as our command chain didn`t change. Just wanted to know about both other groups and changes there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X