AGC

AGS:

Past Decisions Review

Current Maps

AGN

AGC

AGS

Comment

Also remember that now we have the Focus and Artillery cards available to play for each AG. Each AG gets 1 of each.

I recommend playing the Focus cards on your Panzers and an artillery card on whichever Infantry Army you think needs the extra push for your current objectives.
      It costs 5pp per Focus card (15 for all 3 AGs).

It costs 3pp per Artillery card (9 for all 3 AGs).

Right now we can also change your Stance, though I recommend remaining on Blitzkrieg for the time being.

It would cost 2pp to shift to offensive, and 10pp to shift to defensive.

Comment

Is PG1 eligible for the Command Card? If not, AGS prefers 6th Army to get Command Focus Card and the Artillery Card go to 17th Army. PG1 will get the Air Support Card when available. If AGC clears up enough space they should bring the Siege Artillery to Brest-Litovsk.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I recommend that for AGC the 4th army get the artillery and the 2nd PG get the command focus. When the Luftwaffe card is available it should go to the 3rd PG.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Okay, Fucus for my PG as well, I'm just not sure what it does.
            Artillery also, I have a lot of work for them to do and they are the weakest PG out there.

I have asked for clarification on the movement of my Infantry down a BLACK RR, and I need answers or I will have to issue very general orders.
            Kaunas is open and undefended, this question is critical.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              Artillery also, I have a lot of work for them to do and they are the weakest PG out there.

I have asked for clarification on the movement of my Infantry down a BLACK RR, and I need answers or I will have to issue very general orders.
              "Fucus"? FOCUS means you have Corps and Army level support units. If your Army has Assault Guns and special Engineer Units (Bridging?) this directs where they will go.

The Black Rail Lines are set on the German standard gauge. A Black Double Rail Line has metaled roads on each side. My best guess is Black Single Rail Lines have only one metaled road alongside. You should be able to march Infantry up to five hexes. Motorized divisions go as far as they have fuel to take them. Remember the Germans move before the Red Army can first and second (?) turns

We are operating under 'Fog of War'. There are lots of units we can't see yet. While it is possible Kaunus is open, expect to bump into units there. I would also guess that one of those "?" units above the Red Army 48th ID is a HQ unit. If you can use one task force of Panzer and Motor Divisions (say 3) to open up a path to there and use a similar sized unit to chase it down and kill it. That will open up the Red Army Defense Line for sure! Use your Infantry Task Forces (3) to open up a lane for your Panzers.

Further South along the AGS and AGC border there is a Red Army 22nd Tank Division we will hit and force to retreat behind Brest-L. Then the 297t ID will combine with two other Infantry Divisions to hit the Red Army 45th Infantry Division. We will then chase it and try to kill it. We will open more holes with our Infantry Divisions and send the Panzers through them to try for the HQ Units.

What we want to create is big bags with HQ units in them. Three such units, BMD, West and South are the most important as their loss paralyses the Red Army units under their control.

Pruitt

Comment

Focus gives that Army/PG access to further individual cards that can be played for the army (as long as the general is on good terms with me, of course).

They are small tweaks. Things like giving you a small bonus to movement and offensive, offensive and defensive, etc.

When those sub-cards are playable I'll give screenshots and cover in depth then.

Comment

(...) Artillery also, I have a lot of work for them to do and they are the weakest PG out there.
                  Artillery can only be added to infantry armies iirc.

Infantry can certainly move along railroads - the only difference between black and red RRs is the side that controls them.
                  Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Snowy, you can give Panzer Groups Artillery, Focus and/or Air Support cards. The AI may not let you have all three! Black Railroads are German gauge lines. Red Railroads are Soviet gauge lines. There are also roads alongside the rail lines. Black Lines have good metal roads (think Asphalt) and Red Lines have unimproved roads (think gravel). Gravel roads also do not have a solid foundation. When they are in mud conditions they are bottomless.

Some Black German gauge rail lines start off in what was once East Poland and were under Soviet control. The Soviet rail system often ran on unimproved foundations and the equipment was different. Soviet locomotives were larger and carried more fuel and water. That means depots and support bases were further apart. The cars used in Soviet trains were also lighter wooden builds compared to steel German cars. It was also unsafe to travel fast on Soviet lines! As they retreated the Red Army liked to destroy signal equipment and even the rail ties! Depots could be burned.

Pruitt

Comment

Snowy, you can give Panzer Groups Artillery
                      Are you sure of that ?

I'm fairly certain the original thread stated otherwise, you have the game at hand of course - so I'd take your word for it.
                      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Experimenting with orders

AGN turn one-

Initial Army Objectives;

18th Army; Windau
                        4th Panzer Group ; Jakobstadt
                        16th army; Dunaburg

18th army-
                        Heading due north is the key. Do not deviate eastwards until Windau falls.
                        (1) The stack of 3 Inf DIvisions on the coast heads north, destroy 22nk and then move on to attack what is north of them.
                        { the fact that the colors of this Army and 4th PG are almost the same is a problem}
                        (2) 21st Inf Div is in the wrong place, it should move up to join 1st Inf and help with the PG's initial attack , see below
                        (3) Army HQ and the Div's stacked with it head due north along the RR, pulling other Divisions along with it as far as possible, and attacking the Red Army unit at the bend in the RR... and anything else they have the steam left to reach.

4th PG -
                        Left wheel, prepare for a grand envelopment next turn.
                        (1) 269In Div move NorthEast to the bank of the Neiman River, and remain there to provide concentric attack bonus in case any Red units attempt to make a stand there next turn.
                        (2) 1st PD, 8th PD and 3rd Mot attack 90in and then 125In and then stand by to help the rest of the PG.
                        (3) 6th PD moves up to support TOT and the other Divs in that stack attack 10inf & 23tnk After that -
                        - 1 Inf keeps heading north on the RR with the rest of its own army.
                        - 290 inf splits off to join 1st PD's stack
                        - 36th Mot and PG HQ moves up to join TOT and 6th Panzer. This stack heads east to try to cut the RR. I don't know what they have the movement to do, just do the best they can.

16th Army-
                        Take Kaunas by coup de main
                        (1) Move Army HQ to within 2 hexes of Kaunas, to provide maximum bonuses.

After that, well, I don't know the movement ability of the units.

I would like one unit that can't make it to Kaunas to attack 128in & 184in to slap them out of the way, and clear a path to Kaunas for other stacks. That leaves 2 other stacks to get in there, and since Kaunas isn't in shadow it appears that they can do so and get that bridge intact.

If they can't, then maybe 36th Mot should be diverted to that target?

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          Snowy, you can give Panzer Groups Artillery, Focus and/or Air Support cards.
                          I am unsure of this and will have to check when I get home.

If I remember correctly, Artillery was Army only, Luftwaffe was Army and PG, and Focus was Army and PG but you needed good relations with the AG's FM to apply it to a PG.

I have a memory of being unable to triple-up on a PG with all three - and I think the in-game explanation is that the artillery card represents a heavier allocation of reserve artillery (mostly horse-drawn), the stockpiling of extra shells for that army, and other actions which didn't suit a fast and free-ranging PG on full Blitzkrieg.

Still, I could be wrong, or remembering a pre-update situation, so I'll certainly double-check when I get home tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Black Railroads are German gauge lines. Red Railroads are Soviet gauge lines. There are also roads alongside the rail lines. Black Lines have good metal roads (think Asphalt) and Red Lines have unimproved roads (think gravel). Gravel roads also do not have a solid foundation. When they are in mud conditions they are bottomless.
                            Indeed. The infrastructure on the map represents major/minor rail lines, but it is also understood that there are some roads alongside them which aid in movement (outside of mud, of course).

Rails are mostly important for our logistics train (taking supplies from Poland into our FSB), but they also greatly improve the durability of our trucks taking supplies from the FSB to our PG HQs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                              I recommend that for AGC the 4th army get the artillery and the 2nd PG get the command focus. When the Luftwaffe card is available it should go to the 3rd PG.
                              Agree. That is the right move and it worked well in staff testing (last game).
                              "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                              Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X