Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 0 Orders and Decisions (New!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    The sooner the better, but I hope to have all our ducks in a row by Saturday or Sunday so people have time off from work.
    This just in- Gman isn't going to be playing.
    I want AGN.

However...

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
    Are there more details obtainable for the potential provision of logistics via the Baltics?
    While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I was wanting to do AGN alone. Its tiny and I have a very controversial plan in mind that could cause a lot of arguments with any subordinates.
    (I want to go straight for Leningrad, and take it, and probably lose contact with AGC in the process)

BTW; AGC is un-commanded at this time, that's the biggest and most important Army and it really needs more than one guy to run it.

Would you rather have all of AGN, or take the lead or part of another Group?

Comment

Logistics from the Balkans is tied to the Railroads. East of Poland you have Soviet Rails set on Russian gauge tracks. They are not given a strong foundation like in Western Europe. A problem is that the infrastructure (depots, workshops, water towers, turnarounds) are set on use of the larger Soviet locomotive that goes further (more fuel, water carried). The Germans had to reset the rails (easy) and build more train depots (not planned on!). On the game map, single track rail lines have a unimproved road running alongside. Think gravel road! The double lines have an improved road alongside (think asphalt). It is possible to send some logistics by ship in the Black Sea, but first you have to take Odessa and some other ports! The game is set up to allow barge convoys in the Baltic. You can get them to Liepaja, Windau, Riga and at least Narva.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

If the Ex takes AGN, I have PG1 and 6th Army available for play.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          This just in- Gman isn't going to be playing.
          I want AGN.

However...

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, I was wanting to do AGN alone. Its tiny and I have a very controversial plan in mind that could cause a lot of arguments with any subordinates.
          (I want to go straight for Leningrad, and take it, and probably lose contact with AGC in the process)

BTW; AGC is un-commanded at this time, that's the biggest and most important Army and it really needs more than one guy to run it.

Would you rather have all of AGN, or take the lead or part of another Group?
          I can imagine the feeling!
          I already entertained similar innovative ideas on how to run a Blitzkrieg in AGN, re my remark on maritime logistics via the Baltic.
          As I understand you have older rights, I'll bow out.
          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

There was no need to just leave... PM sent.

Comment

Decision #1: demand military independence. I know this won't endear Hitler to us, but OTOH it will impress our superiors in the Heer.

Decision #2: capture the train if possible. Delaying the operation is folly, so is ignoring it.

Decision #3: Luga. The coastal area can be supplied by sea.

Decision #4: Smolensk - straight in.

Decision #5: fully motorize, worth the cost if they convert the rail gauge quickly.

---

That said, if AGN goes wholly to one other player, I'm fine with any other position at army group or army level.
              Michele

Comment

Decision #1: Support Hitler's Plans. I believe we will start with more PP and recieve more during the game. Hitler is going to shift objectives (or at least their value regardless of which choice we make. As long as we don't tee-off the Heer so much that it interfers with support on the first turn we should be able to smooth our relations with SOME of the additional PP's we will get.

Decision #2: Capture train if possible. 40% chance to take train with no PP cost. Delaying offensive will still have a 20% chance of losing the train anyway and cost PP. Delaying our offensive gives the enemy a chance to begin their recovery from surprise. It is just delaying to build up fuel reserves before we even have to. Do nothing to risk delay at this point.

Decision #3: I defer to AGN in this matter. I personally think the more easterly route (historical) would be of more benefit later in the drive on Leningrad and is more direct.

Decision #4: The supply route to Minsk/Smolensk served us well in staff studies (last game).

Decision #5: Motorize them. We can hope for more efficient rail repair. Will just have to watch relations in the future with those we offend.
                "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Voting Results

Decision #1: Support Hitler's Plans

Decision #2: Delay to capture the train

Decision #3: Riga-Narva Line

Decision #4: Minsk-Smolensk

Decision #5: Motorize!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                    Berlin.1945
                    by casanova
                    The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                    Yesterday, 23:41
                  • casanova
                    AW 169M
                    by casanova
                    The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                    Yesterday, 23:26
                  • JBark
                    What changed?
                    by JBark
                    There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                    Yesterday, 18:54
                  Working...
                  X