Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 0 Orders and Decisions (New!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 0 Orders and Decisions (New!)

Alright generals - this turn is pretty light and easy, since we can't move anything yet. However, we have some decisions to be made.

First, the decisions, and these are some important ones.
    Decision #1 - Summoned to Berlin

Decision #2 - Oil Train

Decision #3 - Select Route ACN

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 28 Jun 16, 18:25.

Decision #4 - Select Route AGC

Decision #5 - Motorize Eisenbahntruppe

Future updates will come with a poll, but for this round, when responding please copy and paste this section and answer at the top of your post so I get clear and unambiguous answers:
    Decision #1:
    Decision #2:
    Decision #3:
    Decision #4:
    Decision #5:

And even if you're not a commander, feel free to chime in!

Comment

Current Maps

Orders are not needed at this moment due to the units being frozen for this turn 0 "pre-game turn", but I'm including maps here for you to look at and start to ponder your moves.

AGN:

AGC:

AGS:

Comment

Moscow or bust.
        Capture (wait on) the oil train,
        For AGC I recommend that we put the rail line Brest-Minsk-Smolnesk.

I also recommend that we fully motorize the Eisenbahntruppe.
        Last edited by Tsar; 29 Jun 16, 07:19.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

IMHO, we did something wrong last time. The rail lines were only being converted at a rate of one hex per turn... what is that, 20 km every 4 days?

That ain't very good, to win the game we would have to out-run that by a considerable margin. Is there a way to improve on that?

Also- I suggest that we take the less politically explosive choice; Moscow or Bust.
          Its pretty much what we were doing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Also- I suggest that we take the less politically explosive choice; Moscow or Bust.
            Its pretty much what we were doing anyway.
            I know I was.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Decision 1, we support Hitler's plans. It will earn us lots of PP! We also fly to Berlin for decorations (more PP! sometimes)!

Decision 2, we delay the offense if necessary and try and seize the oil shipment.

Decision 3, Fully motorize the Eisenbahntruppe! The quicker the rails are relaid, the faster we get fuel.

Decision 4, we take the route that goes through Brest-Litowsk, Minsk, Somolinsk. AGC

Decision 5, we take the route that goes through Riga and Narva. AGN

I know we are out of order here, but I spelled out what I wanted.

Let me know if The Exorcist takes AGN, so I can start writing out AGS orders!

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Orders are not needed at this moment due to the units being frozen for this turn 0 "pre-game turn", but I'm including maps here for you to look at and start to ponder your moves.

Those look very different from the maps in the other thread, regarding Red Army deployments.
                Which is true?

Comment

Every time one starts the game, the computer lines up the AI troops differently.

What is the status of Romania and Finland?

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    Decision 1, we support Hitler's plans. It will earn us lots of PP! We also fly to Berlin for decorations (more PP! sometimes)!

Decision 2, we delay the offense if necessary and try and seize the oil shipment.

Decision 3, Fully motorize the Eisenbahntruppe! The quicker the rails are relaid, the faster we get fuel.

Decision 4, we take the route that goes through Brest-Litowsk, Minsk, Somolinsk. AGC

Decision 5, we take the route that goes through Riga and Narva. AGN

I know we are out of order here, but I spelled out what I wanted.

Let me know if The Exorcist takes AGN, so I can start writing out AGS orders!

Pruitt
                    I agree to all of the above.

I also sent a PM to Gman88, how much time before you need a firm answer from me on AGN?

Comment

1. Support Hitler's Plans

2. Delay Offensive to Capture Oil Train

3. Kaunas - Riga - Narva for AGN

4. no preference for AGC

5. Fully Motorise Eisenbahntruppen
                      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        I agree to all of the above.

I also sent a PM to Gman88, how much time before you need a firm answer from me on AGN?
                        The sooner the better, but I hope to have all our ducks in a row by Saturday or Sunday so people have time off from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          The sooner the better, but I hope to have all our ducks in a row by Saturday or Sunday so people have time off from work.
                          Then I will give it till Friday afternoon.

I already have my orders in my head, for either front, and I will have them for you before midnight Friday.

One question- on the 1st turn, how many hexes down a RR (friendly or other) can Blitzing infantry move, and then attack across a river?

Comment

Are there more details obtainable for the potential provision of logistics via the Baltics?
                            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
                              Are there more details obtainable for the potential provision of logistics via the Baltics?
                              If we secure the major Baltic ports the Kriegsmarine promises that it can use convoys to shuffle supplies along the coast, though establishing them will cost political power.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X