Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OLD) Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa Video Updates (Turn 6)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OLD) Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa Video Updates (Turn 6)

For ease of reference, and for those who are interested in following the game but only arrive later, I'm creating a separate thread for only the video updates for the game, allowing us to have them all in one place. Enjoy!

Turn 1

Turn 2

Turn 3

Turn 4

Turn 5

Turn 6
    Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 09 Apr 16, 11:30.

AGN needs to send a division to check out Windau. The Red Army will be dropping Army HQ's all over and these will command the conscripts coming. I have bought the game and I have been playing it a lot since the 4th. I tried playing the German and Stalin. I think the AI cheats a bit. The Human player has a low value for his units, but if you switch sides the same units get a higher value! For instance when I dropped a major Garrison on a red dot city, it was only a value of 60, the AI gets a value of 80! The black dot cities can get a minor garrison dropped on them and mine were worth 35 and the AI was worth 50!

Taking a city with a major garrison is a BIOTCH! Even Siege Artillery takes a while.

You can get lucky and find a city unguarded. Then you spend all the fuel you can to get there before the AI can.

The first few turns the Germans can often attack twice! I was always pushing the units forward after a fight. I find it helps if you can push the Red Army back and cut off and surround cities or pockets. Early on if you can surround a city and attack, it may retreat. Oops did I mention it was surrounded? Bye, Bye! Use your Infantry to do most of the attacking. The PD are precious and I have learned not to waste them.

The German player moves first and then the Red Army.

I hope to get my units moving in this game like they are in on my computer! It seems I can make them move another hex...

I get pretty far and then I start over.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

You already got one?
      I wonder if they make a version for an Apple mini?

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        AGN needs to send a division to check out Windau. The Red Army will be dropping Army HQ's all over and these will command the conscripts coming. I have bought the game and I have been playing it a lot since the 4th. I tried playing the German and Stalin. I think the AI cheats a bit. The Human player has a low value for his units, but if you switch sides the same units get a higher value! For instance when I dropped a major Garrison on a red dot city, it was only a value of 60, the AI gets a value of 80! The black dot cities can get a minor garrison dropped on them and mine were worth 35 and the AI was worth 50!

Taking a city with a major garrison is a BIOTCH! Even Siege Artillery takes a while.

You can get lucky and find a city unguarded. Then you spend all the fuel you can to get there before the AI can.

The first few turns the Germans can often attack twice! I was always pushing the units forward after a fight. I find it helps if you can push the Red Army back and cut off and surround cities or pockets. Early on if you can surround a city and attack, it may retreat. Oops did I mention it was surrounded? Bye, Bye! Use your Infantry to do most of the attacking. The PD are precious and I have learned not to waste them.

The German player moves first and then the Red Army.

I hope to get my units moving in this game like they are in on my computer! It seems I can make them move another hex...

I get pretty far and then I start over.

Pruitt
        Some of the garrisons are randomized in each play through as well, though only when playing as Germans, I believe.

If you want a horror story for siege artillery, wait till your logistics commander hates you and the trains carrying them never move - ever.

I think it took until October before my Romanian soldiers finally took Odessa, despite it being cut off for months.

Comment

Garrisons draw supplies from the city they are in and because of this, are not mobile. One of the games I played left Odessa open and then left Nickolaev open! I used 1st Romanian Armor to take both. This game I am in, I have six divisions trying to take out Odessa! I have yet to try and use the Luftwaffe for 11th Army, that might make a difference.

If you want to get lots of extra PP, go Nazi Fanboy! All you have to do is toady Hitler and Goebbels!

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            AGN needs to send a division to check out Windau. The Red Army will be dropping Army HQ's all over and these will command the conscripts coming.

Pruitt
            I actually ordered the 58th there in turn 4 (iirc) - for some reason it blatantly disobeyed my order though and joined the attack on Riga

I decided against ordering it back the following turn since marching back and forth would likely have accomplished nothing.

This turn I will be ordering either the POL unit or 8Pz there depending on Gman's orders.
            Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X