Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will be the general idea yes, I've yet to take a closer look at the frontline, I'll get my AG orders up tomorrow.

Edit: The trucks along the railroad indicate it is functioning as a supply line I assume ?

If so that's a plus at least.

Also there's numbers in grey squares along the frontline - this is to my knowledge the first time I see those - what is their significance ?

In general -16. Army does indeed have another stage to reach the river line so their orders will be to continue as they are..

18. Army to concentrate on Riga, with a limited attack by PG4 towards the sector of the 5 Air maybe ?
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 31 Mar 16, 09:43.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
      At least for my Army, I don't see other choices. As we go in, we might get to defeat the few enemy rearguards this side of the river.
      Kill as many as you can, it will be harder when they gain the far back.

Riga might be best encircled this turn, you have a pocket to deal with west of there and there is no telling how many troops are there until you go have a look.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I am halting my mobile formations this turn and was a little curious about the rest status. Can I reenter a Blitz posture after using rest for PG3?

If so I will be resting starting this turn. PG2 needs it worse than me but he has things to do and 9th Army and my infantry are more effective in the woodland fighting we have in my area.

Hopefully I can restart my drive a little ahead of PG2 so we have at least one PG active as many turns as possible. If I had known the Reds 3A HQwas going to get away I might have halted last turn.
        "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
        Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Widow Maker View Post
          I am halting my mobile formations this turn and was a little curious about the rest status. Can I reenter a Blitz posture after using rest for PG3?

If so I will be resting starting this turn. PG2 needs it worse than me but he has things to do and 9th Army and my infantry are more effective in the woodland fighting we have in my area.

Hopefully I can restart my drive a little ahead of PG2 so we have at least one PG active as many turns as possible. If I had known the Reds 3A HQwas going to get away I might have halted last turn.
          Resting is a temporary measure. The division's can't move and are vulnerable for a short while, much like they are right now while the FSB is moving. Once the rest and refit is over, they'll resume the posture they were in before.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            That will be the general idea yes, I've yet to take a closer look at the frontline, I'll get my AG orders up tomorrow.

Edit: The trucks along the railroad indicate it is functioning as a supply line I assume ?

If so that's a plus at least.

Also there's numbers in grey squares along the frontline - this is to my knowledge the first time I see those - what is their significance ?

In general -16. Army does indeed have another stage to reach the river line so their orders will be to continue as they are..

18. Army to concentrate on Riga, with a limited attack by PG4 towards the sector of the 5 Air maybe ?
            Trucks move along the rails if they can because the infrastructure in the are is best. Generally, 10 hexes is the safe distance for trucks from an FSB before they start to get exponentially worn down, but the caveat is that the territory the trucks are crossing plays a big roll: moving 1 hex through swamp is worse than 2 hexes of rail line, as an example.

Comment

AGN General orders.

To be refined before the final version is made early next week.

Artillery support is shifted to Riga, 18. Army

18. Army keeps up pressure on Riga, while concentrating its divisions in that direction.
              21st and 61st divisions attack the last pocket south of the Dvina, closing the line there.

4PG moves up to the river line in front of Jakobstad, conserving fuel in as far as possible making sure it is in a position to attack next turn.

16. Army continues under current orders towards the Dvina.
              Other points of interest,

Windau ?

Is this the correct time to shift artillery ?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Resting is a temporary measure. The division's can't move and are vulnerable for a short while, much like they are right now while the FSB is moving. Once the rest and refit is over, they'll resume the posture they were in before.
                Then I would like to amend my orders to state that ALL Mechanized units of !st Panzer Group are Resting.
                And if anything further can be done to boost their ratings, got for it. There is one in Lvov that could benefit from being in the new FSB.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Orders AGN.

Well with most of our motorized divisions grounded we can now forego the idea of a quick defeat of the Soviets and prepare for a long war.

Per consequence the next turn will consist of allowing the 16. Army to cover the longer distance towards Daugavpils, while 18. Army keeps up pressure on Riga, supported by the artillery - a wheeling move in fact.

Artillery support is shifted to 18. Army.

291st and 21st divisions will join the 1st in attacking Riga, alongside 217th and 58th already there.

PG4 - mostly grounded - will conduct a minor offensive using 8th panzer div and 290th inf and attack towards the position of the 5th air.

The rest consolidates the line along the Dvina as possible and prepares to attack next turn conducting minor supporting attacks if needed.

For the exact movement of the 16. Army I suspect Michele will want issue more detailed orders, if not Ill add some myself before sending the final version to DoD when the call for orders is made.

Note: for now I decided against ordering the 58th back to Windau, since marching back and forth on the same line can only be disastrous for morale and expenditure of scarce resources.

Comment

Actually according to the game manual, those trucks are traveling on roads next to the rails. There are two types of roads, sealed and unsealed. Sealed means asphalt to me. Unsealed means dirt or gravel. If you see trucks off the rails that means they are traveling on dirt roads. Double rails have sealed roads and single rails have unsealed roads.

On my sector, 17th Army is traveling Southeast and trying to take out a few divisions in our way. 3rd Romanian Army is trying to crowd its way North to impede any Red Army units trying to pass. 4th Romanian Army is trying to close up on Odessa. 11th Army is trying to close on Odessa and trying to catch the divisions fleeing North towards Proskurow.

Exact orders were sent by PM to Derek.

If you guys think it is hard playing Germans you should try playing Stalin! A Human just does not get all those magically appearing new divisions!

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Well it's not hard as such, we're in perfect position to consolidate our gains and bleed the reds dry.

We should just give up on the idea of trying to conquer their lands entirely and defeat them decisively.

Either that or we should actually *mobilize* our economy for war.

Before it's too late that is.

I do now understand more clearly why von Leeb resigned his command - it's blatantly obvious the strategic objective is unattainable, with the means at our disposal.

I did not expect that moment to come so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        I did not expect that moment to come so soon.
                        Its not that bad.
                        This delay is temporary, and once your FSB is moved up the fuel that has accumulated will suddenly be available again.
                        Be aggressive with your Infantry and take bridgeheads for the Panzers to exploit when they can move again.
                        Down south, we are about to put two more Armies in the bag. I think that once you have dealt with what is on front of you, there won't be much to stop you until you are more than halfway to Leningrad.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Thanks, Feldmarschall Snowygerry.

Detailed orders for the 16th Army
                          The general objective is to move up all the divisions so that we will be ready to launch multiple crossings of the Dvina in the following turn. Hopefully the infantry will thus be in a position to open the way for the once again mobile panzer units.
                          The secondary objective is to clear this bank of the river from the remaining obstacles, i.e. enemy units.
                          As an (unlikely) target of opportunity, we may see whether the bridges into Daugavpils are fortuitously unguarded.

16th Army HQ: remain stationary and keep providing C3 to the Army's divisions.

126th and 32nd Infantry: move NE and take up position along the river bank.

122nd and 123rd Infantry: move NE and attack the enemy 179th Rifle division. If the opportunity arises and Daugavpils seems not garrisoned, cross and secure the bridge into that city.

12th and 121st Infantry: move NE, covering the flank of the 122nd and 123rd, and attack the unidentified enemy unit in the woods to the S of Daugavpils.

30th Infantry: follow the 12th and 121st and if possible support their attack.

253rd Infantry: bring up the rear and make sure no enemy unit attacks from across the AG boundary.
                          Michele

Comment

Orders as they will be sent before I leave today, if anyone has final adjustments to suggest now is the time,

Orders AGN.

Well with most of our motorized divisions grounded we can now forego the idea of a quick defeat of the Soviets and prepare for a long war.

Per consequence the next turn will consist of allowing the 16. Army to cover the longer distance towards Daugavpils, while 18. Army keeps up pressure on Riga, supported by the artillery - a wheeling move in fact.

Artillery support is shifted to 18. Army.

291st and 21st divisions will join the 1st in attacking Riga, alongside 217th and 58th already there.

PG4 - mostly grounded - will conduct a minor offensive using 8th panzer div and 290th inf and attack towards the position of the 5th air.

The rest consolidates the line along the Dvina as possible and prepares to attack next turn conducting minor supporting attacks if needed.

16. Army.

The general objective is to move up all the divisions so that we will be ready to launch multiple crossings of the Dvina in the following turn. Hopefully the infantry will thus be in a position to open the way for the once again mobile panzer units.
                            The secondary objective is to clear this bank of the river from the remaining obstacles, i.e. enemy units.
                            As an (unlikely) target of opportunity, we may see whether the bridges into Daugavpils are fortuitously unguarded.

16th Army HQ: remain stationary and keep providing C3 to the Army's divisions.

126th and 32nd Infantry: move NE and take up position along the river bank.

122nd and 123rd Infantry: move NE and attack the enemy 179th Rifle division. If the opportunity arises and Daugavpils seems not garrisoned, cross and secure the bridge into that city.

12th and 121st Infantry: move NE, covering the flank of the 122nd and 123rd, and attack the unidentified enemy unit in the woods to the S of Daugavpils.

30th Infantry: follow the 12th and 121st and if possible support their attack.

253rd Infantry: bring up the rear and make sure no enemy unit attacks from across the AG boundary.

Comment

Working...
                            X