This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 5 Orders

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 27 Mar 16, 12:58.

AGN

Comment

AGC

Comment

AGS

Comment

Generals (Guderian and Hoth), official requests to OKW has been sent. For taking Minsk and very successful operation AGC wants to award you both with Oakleaves to your Knight`s Cross.

Field marshal Fedor von Bock

Comment

BTW did I understood correctly - if FSB is shifted then fuel amount at that shifting moment automatically is 0? If yes does it mean that fuel is also storaged during this shift and as soon as FSB is established we`ll have more fuel for further operations?

P.S. AGS I think has great opportunity to cut Red Army forces in two even just using infantry divisions and have one large pocket now and possible one soon when tanks will be ready to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post

P.S. AGS I think has great opportunity to cut Red Army forces in two even just using infantry divisions and have one large pocket now and possible one soon when tanks will be ready to move.
              Yeah well, I thought they WERE ready to move, we were told we had 3,000 barrels and all that did was get 3 Divs out in a very exposed position 100 miles from the rest of my Group, and the non-mech units did nothing on their own when that shocking development took place.
              I recommend that BLitz posture be dropped for all Panzer Groups since Germany as a whole is too weak materially to support this offensive.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Your video mentioned something about AGS having to choose what we will do with captured RA Trucks. I don't see any mention of this in the summary. I want the trucks to go to the Supply Truck Companies. Maybe that will get the FSB moved quicker and the fuel going sooner? We really would like to know how much fuel the AGS has in storage for when we start getting the trucks back to move fuel.

Our divisions can attack across these rivers that are slowing us down?

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Your video mentioned something about AGS having to choose what we will do with captured RA Trucks. I don't see any mention of this in the summary. I want the trucks to go to the Supply Truck Companies. Maybe that will get the FSB moved quicker and the fuel going sooner? We really would like to know how much fuel the AGS has in storage for when we start getting the trucks back to move fuel.
                  It's a decision. I have the decisions up now, but until I can fix my mistake with the poll, you'll have to vote manually. I posted more information about what it means in the decisions thread.

Our divisions can attack across these rivers that are slowing us down?

Pruitt
                  They can, but it's very slow going. The AP required to move across a river to attack mean that often your division will have to move up to the river on one turn, attack the next.

The good news is that when attacking, you almost always (with a few exceptions) will be allowed to move into the hex you just forced the enemy out of.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    Yeah well, I thought they WERE ready to move, we were told we had 3,000 barrels and all that did was get 3 Divs out in a very exposed position 100 miles from the rest of my Group, and the non-mech units did nothing on their own when that shocking development took place.
                    I recommend that BLitz posture be dropped for all Panzer Groups since Germany as a whole is too weak materially to support this offensive.
                    Oil is our major weakness. The Wehrmacht may be the most powerful military force on earth, but Russia is very different from Poland or France. Poor infrastructure, too many miles to move, and even the wrong rail gauge.

We will have to be very stingy with our Panzers and motorized units in the meantime. The good news is that while we are shifting our FSB, they aren't burning any fuel. We'll have to see how that affects future fuel supplies.

Also, we may wish to modify our Blitzkrieg posture through the decision this turn to reduce unnecessary maneuvers. We will still get some of the benefits, but should burn less fuel. That may upset our field commanders, however...

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      Also, we may wish to modify our Blitzkrieg posture through the decision this turn to reduce unnecessary maneuvers. We will still get some of the benefits, but should burn less fuel. That may upset our field commanders, however...
                      Yes, this is why I will be voting to drop 20% of the attack bonus in order to gain 40% more mobility.
                      We will all do better if we can go where we need to go, and attack every turn with out Panzers.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Any particular reason the 58th didn't move on Windau as ordered ?

3) 58th division is ordered to move to Windau and secure it.
                        Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                          Any particular reason the 58th didn't move on Windau as ordered ?
                          When I get home tonight I'll check the save file.

Comment

You might check as well on the 2nd Slovakian Division I ordered to join 1st Slovakian. It did not move any closer.

Pruitt
                            Last edited by Pruitt; 30 Mar 16, 12:36.
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Ok, attacking Riga was worth trying, but I would have been surprised if we had been able to enter it straight away.

It seems that this turn we'll just have to move the infantry to close up with the retreating enemy, and line our infantry divisions along the Dvina. That way, next turn we'll be ready to launch multiple crossings and establish at least one or two bridgeheads. Meanwhile, if and when the panzers get resupplied, it will be easy for them to catch up with the infantry.

At least for my Army, I don't see other choices. As we go in, we might get to defeat the few enemy rearguards this side of the river.
                              Michele

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X