This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 4 Orders

Sorry fellas, no video this turn until at least Sunday - maybe not even till Monday.

However, I've got the time to upload some pictures for you.

Previous turn overview:

AGN

Map:

Summary:

Current Fuel: 1760
    Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 09 Mar 16, 20:18.

Comment

AGC

Map:

Summary:

Current Fuel: 5979
      Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 09 Mar 16, 20:19.

Comment

AGS

Map:

Summary:

Current Fuel: 3085
        Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 09 Mar 16, 20:19.

Comment

1st Panzer had a great turn, no doubt about it, but I have questions;

1- Can 297th Infantry make it to the hex north of Rovno? I need a yes or no, it will dictate the next turn for 6th Army.

2- We had a lot of fuel left last turn, and now we are immobile?

3- how did we run out of fuel A-historically when we have been making every decision in favor of more fuel? Should we have been abstaining from everything?

4- Okay, some of the Divs are looking rough and they can't move anyway, so can I do an early refit? Can some Divisions be rested and others moved, or will the entire Panzer Group have to shut down?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Sigh, we're not better off up here in the North...

I wonder, if we abandon the expensive Blitzkrieg posture, will there be enough fuel for 1-hex movements and attacks of the motorized units? That would still be of some usefulness.
            Michele

Comment

That was one of the reasons I ordered PG4 to "go easy" this turn,

"fight what's in front of you, not necessarily take ground"

Still that's no way to continue indefinitely - some solution needs to be found.

Is this an historical issue, a consequence of game design or a result of our actions ?

Edit: Come to think of it ordering the PG in place while still maintaining "blitzkrieg posture" may have been counterproductive since it apparently still used up 2000 units of fuel ?
              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Well, I'm glad that the Southernmost motorized units of our PzG made that short advance, anyways - because the Soviet 11th Army HQ is no longer to be seen on the map and we're told we destroyed 3 enemy HQs this turn. I sure hope one of them was the 11th Army's, overrun by our panzers. That's 8 PP, a nice catch.
                Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                  Well, I'm glad that the Southernmost motorized units of our PzG made that short advance, anyways - because the Soviet 11th Army HQ is no longer to be seen on the map and we're told we destroyed 3 enemy HQs this turn. I sure hope one of them was the 11th Army's, overrun by our panzers. That's 8 PP, a nice catch.
                  Yup - we did rather well and that was definitely a good idea

Still if we want to roll across the Russian plain and make progress we need gas...

Comment

Well I have to say that turn worked out about as well as I had hoped it would. I see no reason why we should not take Minsk this turn then we can relocate the FSB and the airfields into that city while letting the PG's have a little R&R for a week or so.
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

So what's the next deadline? And what are your directions, Feldmarschall Snowygerry?
                      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        1st Panzer had a great turn, no doubt about it, but I have questions;

1- Can 297th Infantry make it to the hex north of Rovno? I need a yes or no, it will dictate the next turn for 6th Army.
                        I'll check tonight.

Not entirely. We are getting some fuel a turn at this point, but it's not a ton. Tonight I'll offer a few visuals on how much fuel it takes to move/attack for reference. Each PG can do some maneuvers, but consider changing your stances away from Blitzkrieg if you want to save some serious fuel.

3- how did we run out of fuel A-historically when we have been making every decision in favor of more fuel? Should we have been abstaining from everything?
                        Those options take time. Plus, we have been using our panders very aggressively.

4- Okay, some of the Divs are looking rough and they can't move anyway, so can I do an early refit? Can some Divisions be rested and others moved, or will the entire Panzer Group have to shut down?
                        You can rest divisions or whole armies/groups.

However, it costs PP to do so, so you'll have to justify it to the other generals.

Comment

Is AGN getting a transport bonus for taking Liepaja?

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Is AGN getting a transport bonus for taking Liepaja?

Pruitt
                            There will be a decision eventually for each of those coastal towns, but be aware they can cost a fair amount of PP. you might have to negotiate with the other AGs to justify denying them a FSB so you can get your extra Baltic transports.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                              So what's the next deadline? And what are your directions, Feldmarschall Snowygerry?
                              Somewhat short on time now, I'll take a closer look over the weekend and get back to you on Monday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X