Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of those old games are worth a pretty penny now! The best prices are for unpunched games. I bought a number of Command Games because I wanted the magazine inside. That could be serious money! Now you can't find Command Games for love or money!

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Ulrih, Widowmaker, Snowygerry,

Derek did ask if we want to change our minds on moving the FSB to Brest this turn. Right now we have three votes for, none against. Can you let us know how you vote?

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Ulrih, Widowmaker, Snowygerry,

Derek did ask if we want to change our minds on moving the FSB to Brest this turn. Right now we have three votes for, none against. Can you let us know how you vote?

Pruitt
        I am content with the tie. I presented my reasoning. But that was when I assumed the option would be available on a regular basis once the path to Brest was open.

Even so I think the choice should rest with the AGC commander or Halder should make the call. The rest of us should only be able to suggest or protest based on strong strategic or PP reason on matters involving other Gruppes.

Of course the DM has stated he will give more weight to the wishes of Gruppe commanders on choices specific to their areas.
        "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
        Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Hey, I can live with either way. I thought a couple of guys would appreciate knowing they were being asked something. I am lucky so far I don't have any ties affecting my Army Group!

Pruitt

Comment

Hey, I can live with either way. I thought a couple of guys would appreciate knowing they were being asked something. I am lucky so far I don't have any ties affecting my Army Group!

Pruitt
            NP the heads up was great.

My comments were just that

1. I'm content with a tie.

2. I'm not sure everyone noticed that these votes are not written in stone for the DM.

Comment

Some of those old games are worth a pretty penny now! The best prices are for unpunched games. I bought a number of Command Games because I wanted the magazine inside. That could be serious money! Now you can't find Command Games for love or money!

Pruitt
              I still have Proud Monster/Death and Destruction... but I'm not sure if I want to let it go.
              Sure learned a lot playing that one, but finding anyone to play it now seems impossible here.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I have that game/magazine but it is in a storage locker! I think the game counters are punched as well. I really wish I had my Command and Ancient Warfare collection here.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Widow Maker View Post
                  Well I certainly encouraged you strongly. Most of my reasoning is made in posts for all to see.

Ultimately the call was your's (or rather Halder's).

The opportunities in the north (maybe killing a HQ and working towards forming a tiny pocket) are immediately obvious and were the first things I looked at. My orders included an option B to do just that if moving adjacent to Minsk on a multi-hex front this turn (in good tank country) was not considered worthwhile.

But we cannot just look at this as one turn. We are behind in northern AGC because only two inf divisions went that way first turn. We are also behind schedule in southern AGC. Committing an entire PG to a positional battle in the woods to kill a HQ and make a tiny pocket will not fix that.

Taking Minsk before Russian resistance improves further or more reinforcements arrive might fix it. We would secure our supply line and take a PP city. Our Panzers would be massed for a single better supplied drive to break a line, to go for a double envelopment or to pursue separate tasks.
                  Maybe you misunderstood me - I`m not complaining about your decision. I`m completely satisfied how you run your PG as a fellow player at this game and as imaginary fieldmarshal fon Bock
                  I thought that your arguments were reasonable for encircling Russians in the woods near Vilnius and going after Minsk. Therefore I wrote also that I`m hoping that HQ of army group West will not escape this encirclement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                    Maybe you misunderstood me - I`m not complaining about your decision. I`m completely satisfied how you run your PG as a fellow player at this game and as imaginary fieldmarshal fon Bock
                    I thought that your arguments were reasonable for encircling Russians in the woods near Vilnius and going after Minsk. Therefore I wrote also that I`m hoping that HQ of army group West will not escape this encirclement.
                    I had no problem with anything you posted Ulrih. My last few posts were for the information of others who may not have been a party or have read all the exchanges.

Other players may not have looked at all the considerations we took into account or thought about future turns in our Gruppe area. And ultimately Halder has the final say.

Comment

That and the fact that we don't have a lot to post about right now.

This seems to be the set or orders attracting the most attention right now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X