This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 3 Decisions

Welcome to the Turn 3 decisions, Generals.

Previous Decisions Summary:

Current PP Total: 33

Relationship Changes:

Von Brauchitsch and Goering are pleased with us, which is good as Goebbels is not after we turned down his silly demands for time in front of the camera and refused to join the Nazi party.
    Russian Oil: Request Priority Refining - 9pp
    6.25%
    Russian Oil: Ask ObdH to argue for you - 2pp
    4.17%
    Russian Oil: Work with what we've got - 0pp
    6.25%
    Rail Infrastructure AGS: Ignore - 4pp
    0.00%
    Rail Infrastructure AGS: Repair - 8pp
    10.42%
    Rail Infrastructure AGS: Not important - 0pp
    4.17%
    Signaling AGS: Why bother? - 4pp
    2.08%
    Signaling AGS: It is essential - 8pp
    8.33%
    Signaling AGS: Leave it to the work crews - 0pp
    4.17%
    Tire Shortage: Allocate to AGN - 4pp
    4.17%
    Tire Shortage: Allocate to AGC - 6pp
    4.17%
    Tire Shortage: Allocate to AGS - 5pp
    0.00%
    Tire Shortage: Don't bother - 0pp
    6.25%
    Poor Performance: Week off - 12pp
    4.17%
    Poor Performance: Electro-Shock Therapy - 8pp
    6.25%
    Poor Performance: Threaten to send him to the front - 4pp
    4.17%
    Poor Performance: Drink Schnappes - 4pp
    0.00%
    Division Commendation AGN: Support - 1pp
    12.50%
    Division Commendation AGN: Ignore - 0pp
    0.00%
    AGC FSB: Relocate to Brest-Litowsk - 8pp
    6.25%
    AGC FSB: Don't move FSB - 0pp
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

Russian Oil

Background Information:

Rain Infrastructure AGS

Background Information:

Comment

Signaling AGS

Background Information:

Tire Shortage

Background Information:

Comment

Poor Performance

Background Information:

Division Commendation

Background Information:

Comment

Relocate FSB - AGC

Background Information and Maps:

Comment

Lets not get into a contest over the Tires, its spending PP for something that only benefits one AG.

Haven't we spent enough on making sure we have enough Gas?

I won't vote on AGN or AGC issues.

Comment

This is how I voted and my reasons:
              1. Production of Benzene- This will benefit us in the long run. I anticipate getting more Red Army gas. I am not worried about losing this gas to North Africa. It would not be economical to send it across Europe on poor rail lines to Naples to ship. It would be more cost effective to take oil produced in Lorraine and process it in France and to ship it to Naples.
              2. Rail Infrastructure AGS- We need to build a complete rail system. This includes adding Water Towers, repair sheds, switching yards and other support. We have not acquired a lot of rail as yet, but we need to bring it into service correctly. This will save money in the future.
              3. Signaling- Once again we need to put the captured rails back into service PROPERLY! We don't have extra trains we afford to run into each other. Besides the base for the rail lines is substandard compared to German Rail Lines. Soviet engines are bigger and carry more fuel. They are also restricted in carry capacity and speed.
              4. Tire Shortage- AGC has more vehicles and needs the tires. This is what I will support. They will owe me for the courtesy!
              5. Chief of Staff- poor performance? Sorry, but it is to the electro-shock table you go. We tried taking it easy on you and you did not respond. If this does not work you may get a ticket to the Front!
              6. Division Commendation AGN- We support this. You will owe us!
              7. AGC FSB- we need to be doing all we can early on to save on fuel. Relocate to Brest Litowsk!

Pruitt
              Last edited by Pruitt; 01 Mar 16, 19:25.
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Where is AGS HQ? I ordered them to move to Przemyl.

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Once again, I suggest making some less-than-optimal decisions because we can't afford to get everything we want. I agree we shouldn't spend points to benefit only one of the Army Groups with the tires. I think we can wait with the moving forward of the main supply base, Brest-Litowsk must still be a mess right now. I'd insist on refining fuel and on getting one optimal, one less-than-optimal choice concerning the rail network in the South.
                  Michele

Comment

I screwed up last time, and only got in a vote on one issue - I'll try to do better this time

In general I too will support zero point choices and save our political capital for later..
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Speaking about points - maybe I missed in previous threads but what is the limit of those Politic Points that we can spend? Specific number (and that would be?) for each turn or for whole campaign?

Comment

1. We don't have the PP to spend on long range projects right now. The fuel has to be shipped back to refineries which are already making us fuel and from there they are just as close to the western and north afican fronts as other as any other fuel so we will very likely lsoe part or all of them anyway.

2. and 3. We cannot afford to select the options that have chances for a bad result.

4. I see this as being a problem but This problem will come up again for each AG can we really afford the PP cost. Even being a part of AGC I will accept less than optimal chices to save PP here.

5. I was infuriated at having a choice taen that had a chance of a bad result last time. A good result would have ended the problem once and for all. Now here we are again. As his ability continues to fall off he will cost us more PP to make any choices. I noticed that the most expensive option offers no chance of a good result this time. We have to go for electo-shock and hope the 50% chance for a fix goes thru. I suugest that any votes for time off be changed to electro-shock if time off can't win. It is another chance for a fix.

6. Support the commendation a cheap cost for a permanent increase in combat power in AGN even if it is just one division.

7. Don't move FSB yet. We need to continue to push while the enemy are in disarray. We may need to stop or slow soon to let the infantry to catch up moe the FSB after that. We can take Minsk and maybe Vilnius in two turns it may be possible to move FSB directly to Minsk and keep from having to do this twice. Wait at least a turn.
                        Last edited by Widow Maker; 01 Mar 16, 08:53.
                        "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                        Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                          Speaking about points - maybe I missed in previous threads but what is the limit of those Politic Points that we can spend? Specific number (and that would be?) for each turn or for whole campaign?
                          It stands at 33 currently iirc.
                          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Where is AGS HQ? I ordered them to move to Przemyl.

Pruitt
                            The AG HQ doesn't move. Ans if the Red Army happens to eliminate one, we will very quickly lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                              It stands at 33 currently iirc.
                              How much we get per turn varies greatly, depending on what we accomplish previously, but also how well the bureaucrats and sycophants back home support us... Or more accurately, me.

I can only tell Goebbels and Himmler to screw off so many times before they start conspiring behind my back and whispering in Hitler's ear. Something to consider when we decide our course of actions is that we might have to make some political offerings to keep them happy...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X