This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK,

First and foremost PG4 launches for the next push – target is still the crossroad in front of them, maximum aggressiveness, general direction of attack - Jakobsburg.

The object is to take ground, break the line and make speed – do not be distracted by minor flanking moves.

18. Army.

291st and 58th + the one beneath follow the railroad line towards Riga, ignoring Liepaya for the moment.

They can attack obviously but are to take particular care in dealing the 182nd Inf which has a whopping “86” strength. (Anything to do with KV tanks or perhaps just a guard unit ??)

HQ moves up towards the present position of the 58th.

The rest of 18. Army continues behind PG4 on the axis of advance towards the crossroad, they can decide to flank Kaunas in support of 16. Army if the opportunity arises,

but should at least maintain contact with the rear of PG4 to prevent it from becoming isolated.

I’m copying Michele’s orders in full for 16 Army, since I cannot really improve on them.

II. Corps

This corps will move NE onto Kaunas.
    12. ID should lead the advance to the NE towards Kaunas. As soon as it reaches engagement distance with the Soviet units NW of Kaunas (Namely the 184th Rifle Div and the second unit with it), it will turn N and attack them across the Nieman.

121. ID (which I'm assuming is stacked under 12.) will move up together with the 12. and fully support said attack. If this joint movement should risk causing delays, 12. ID will have precedence.

32. ID (ditto) will bring up the rear of this corps, and as soon as this is made possible by the above-mentioned divisions' attack, it shall enter Kaunas, with a view to take this communications node before the Soviets reinforce it. Ideally, with its bridges intact.

XXVIII. Corps
    This corps will cooperate with the II. Corps' attack.
    122. and 123. IDs (which I assume to be stacked together) will advance together across the marshy area, and engage the enemy on the other side of the river (namely the 179th Rifle Div. and the other unit with it). They will maintain liaison with the II. Corps to the SE and with the 18. Army's units to the NW.

X. Corps
    This corps will follow up the attack by PzG 4, in particular it will follow the 269. ID. The divisions shall move one after the other, crossing the border and moving N into the woods along the Nieman. The Corps will be ready to advance into the breach made by PzG 4.

253. ID
    The Army reserve will follow II. Corps and prevent enemy units pushed away by AGC's advance to fall onto our line of communications, and maintain liaison with the northernmost unit of AGC. It will not engage the enemy unless attacked.

Army and AG level artillery assets will support II. Corps. They are to attack the enemy units N and NW of Kaunas (we don't want to destroy the bridges ourselves, nor to cover the streets, highways and rail lines through the city with heaps of rubble).

All units to use the attached bridging columns to establish bridgeheads across the river.

As before artillery is to support 16. Army, Focus is still with the PG.

Godspeed,

Signed,

von Leeb.
    Copy to DoD by PM although I’m sure he will consider minor adjustments by either Michele or Gman, if they are sent by PM in timely fashion.
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 24 Feb 16, 08:12.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      I'd like them in the next few days. My schedule (and a recurring illness) has kept me from jumping on things.

I'll probably be conducting the next turn and updating everything later this week to give everyone the weekend to look everything over.
      IMHO, there is NO need to rush your part of this.
      In fact, I have a couple of pretty intricate moves that I would prefer you take some time with. This is probably the most important turn of the game and could set the pace for the rest of it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        IMHO, there is NO need to rush your part of this.
        In fact, I have a couple of pretty intricate moves that I would prefer you take some time with. This is probably the most important turn of the game and could set the pace for the rest of it for me.
        Sure thing!

Also, I made some "small counters" maps which may or may not be more useful than the others. I'll let everyone here decide.

Check the Spoiler for the "small counters" maps

Comment

They certainly give some additional insight, tnx.

Comment

Sure thing!

Also, I made some "small counters" maps which may or may not be more useful than the others. I'll let everyone here decide.
            Thank you!
            Michele

Comment

One thing the note is the 11th Army HQ, which I hadn't noticed before.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                One thing the note is the 11th Army HQ, which I hadn't noticed before.
                And the 8th Army HQ has vanished, as you had noticed. It wasn't under a stack, either. If it has not managed to move quickly away and into "?" status, the PZG must have overrun it.
                Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                  And the 8th Army HQ has vanished, as you had noticed. It wasn't under a stack, either. If it has not managed to move quickly away and into "?" status, the PZG must have overrun it.
                  Which was indeed one of the objectives of PG4 on turn one,

if we can take the other one out also, combined with interrupting the railroad lines it should hopefully allow us to get inside the enemy decision circle, and gain an advantage in the following turns.

Comment

So far I have orders for AGN and AGS. I just need orders from AGC and we can proceed.

Comment

So far I have orders for AGN and AGS. I just need orders from AGC and we can proceed.
                      I think you had orders from both of PG commanders previously, no? At least the idea where are our intentions to move. If not then we`ll discuss more detailed what are our orders.

BTW, AGS were asking for one division assistance in clearing Pripyat marshes in case if Russians will be spotted there (I think not but request in request). Please use one of the infantry divisions from infantry armies to assist AGS in case if they will found Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrih View Post
                        I think you had orders from both of PG commanders previously, no? At least the idea where are our intentions to move. If not then we`ll discuss more detailed what are our orders.

BTW, AGS were asking for one division assistance in clearing Pripyat marshes in case if Russians will be spotted there (I think not but request in request). Please use one of the infantry divisions from infantry armies to assist AGS in case if they will found Russians.
                        If you can, talk to your commanders and PM me your orders completely, just for ease of reference. Even if it's just copy pasting the old orders, it will be useful. Also, orders for the infantry will be needed as well, unless you want me to command them personally.

Having just 1 pm for each AG helps me out a lot in keeping it organized. If you can have them by tomorrow I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                          Berlin.1945
                          by casanova
                          The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                          Yesterday, 23:41
                        • casanova
                          AW 169M
                          by casanova
                          The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                          Yesterday, 23:26
                        • JBark
                          What changed?
                          by JBark
                          There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                          Yesterday, 18:54
                        Working...
                        X