This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 2 Decisions

Alright gentlemen, the first 4 days of our offensive went smoothly, with a few hickups - mostly in terms of getting orders in clearly. I will be instigating a new regime moving forward - all unit orders will have to be provided to me by private message, and must be sent by the AG commander in a single message.

This will cut down on mistakes, missing orders, and other general nonsense. The Heer is a professional organization with a clear chain of command, and we will use it.

Some of this is excused. My Chief of Staff, Herr Krappe, fell into a bottle of Schnapps last week and his... antics have led to some lost paperwork and more headaches on my end. I don't expect this to be a recurring excuse, however.

I will also keep track of which AG are still not "in" yet, for ease of reference.

ACN: No orders

AGC: No orders

AGS: No orders

That being said, it is time to check in on our situation by map.

*- Current Map -*

*- Review of Last Turn's Decisions -*

Next, I'll go into detail about the decisions we must make. The options will be available, but please, refrain from voting till you have seen the details and information necessary to make a strong decision.

-Gen. Halder
    Synthetic Oil Production - Full scale expansion (8pp)
    0.00%
    Synthetic Oil Production - Accelerated timeline (4pp)
    5.56%
    Synthetic Oil Production - Current plans adequate (0pp)
    9.26%
    Luftwaffe Oil Allocation - Request Enough for 2 PG (12pp)
    0.00%
    Luftwaffe Oil Allocation - Request Enough for 1 PG (8pp)
    5.56%
    Luftwaffe Oil Allocation - Luftwaffe has Priority (0pp)
    7.41%
    Convert German Locomotives - Do it (12pp)
    5.56%
    Convert German Locomotives - Oppose it (4pp)
    1.85%
    Convert German Locomotives - Ignore the trains (0pp)
    1.85%
    Hitler Oath - Take oath and join the Party (0pp)
    0.00%
    Hitler Oath - Take the oath, nothing more (0pp)
    12.96%
    Propaganda Film - Agree to be filmed (8pp)
    0.00%
    Propaganda Film - Deputise a Staff Officer (5pp)
    3.70%
    Propaganda Film - Too busy (0pp)
    9.26%
    Rail Infrastructure AGC - Ignore infrastructure (6pp)
    0.00%
    Rail Infrastructure AGC - Put things back together (10pp)
    11.11%
    Rail Infrastructure AGC - Why is this important? (0pp)
    0.00%
    Security Divisions AGC - Switch over immediately (11pp)
    0.00%
    Security Divisions AGC - Mop up for a week (6pp)
    1.85%
    Security Divisions AGC - Mop up for a fortnight (6pp)
    3.70%
    Security Divisions AGC - Mop up for a month (0pp)
    7.41%
    Drunken Chief of Staff - Give him time off (12pp)
    3.70%
    Drunken Chief of Staff - Reprimand him (8pp)
    1.85%
    Drunken Chief of Staff - Have a quiet word (4pp)
    7.41%
    Drunken Chief of Staff - Make him work! (0pp)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 17 Feb 16, 20:15.

*- Synthetic Oil Production -*

*- Background Information -*

*- Luftwaffe Oil Allocation -*

Comment

*- Convert German Locomotives -*

(Worth reading, as this one will introduce the two men in charge of our logistics, Generals Gercke and Wagner - and keeping both of them happy will be a challenge)

*- Hitler Oath -*

Comment

*- Propaganda Film -*

Background Information

*- Rail Infrastructure AGC -*

Background Information

Comment

*- Security Divisions AGC -*

Background Information

*- Drunken Chief of Staff -*

Background Information

General Krappe, you dummkopf...

Comment

Turn 2 Video

Here is the turn 2 video overview. Let me know if there is anything you need me to focus on for the next ones.

Comment

I'd fully invest on the railroads, secondarily on the synth oil plants and on the drunken chief of staff.

Ideally we'd also want to switch the locos to coal, but it seems too costly. If the overall commander thinks he can afford the cost, then I'd be happy with that.

The Luftwaffe still needs the high-octane fuel, I'd let them do their job. The more they do now, the better off we'll be later.

Not doing the propaganda reel will probably only antagonize Goebbels, we can live with that.
              Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                Here is the turn 2 video overview. Let me know if there is anything you need me to focus on for the next ones.
                Well, we still don't know the position of many of our units since they are in a stack - and for the same reason, we only know the current strength of the top-of-the-stack divisions.
                I guess this would be a remarkable volume of work for you, though.
                Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                  Well, we still don't know the position of many of our units since they are in a stack - and for the same reason, we only know the current strength of the top-of-the-stack divisions.
                  I guess this would be a remarkable volume of work for you, though.
                  I can produce some screenshots that show all the counters at once within a hex, but they will be small and a bit difficult to tell the names of divisions. I can do so tonight as a comparison.

Comment

I'd fully invest on the railroads, secondarily on the synth oil plants and on the drunken chief of staff.

Ideally we'd also want to switch the locos to coal, but it seems too costly. If the overall commander thinks he can afford the cost, then I'd be happy with that.

The Luftwaffe still needs the high-octane fuel, I'd let them do their job. The more they do now, the better off we'll be later.
                    Yeah, its hard to see the real benefit of one course of action over another in most of this 2nd turn stuff.

My Panzer group has a loooong way to go, and we might have to storm into the Crimea also, so I thought that some super fuel would be nice. A Panzer Regiment can be fueled with what a Squadron of heavy bombers use for one mission, but so be it.

Yes, the Trains I understand, but why would we spend points for a film crew?
                    I don't see the up-side there... and I thought we were already on track with the rear-eschelon, oil and the LW...?

Comment

I went ahead and voted. I voted for an accelerated Synthetic Fuel construction. We should have enough oil coming in from the Austrian Fields expansion. The thing that convinced me is there was no benefit to full scale expansion. In fact the allocation of steel would cause problems in other war production.

I voted for leaving the Luftwaffe fuel allocation alone, for now!

I voted to convert the Locomotives to coal. We will have to do so later if not now. Why not do it while the task is small?

I voted to sign the oath and ignore the Party for now. I am already a Colonel General, so membership will not greatly enhance my rank.

I was going to deputize a staff officer to handle a Propaganda team, but they want too much to film! We are trying to run a war! Maybe I can use the Chief of Staff if he does not straighten up?

I will always do what I can to maximize use of the railways. Adding water towers and maintenance sheds makes sense! Get some switching yards and turnarounds as well!

I voted for AGC to mop up for a week. If you feel more is necessary, go for it. They have a huge bag of prisoners coming in soon!

I will give the Chief of Staff some time off. I can't fire him or give him to the Propaganda Team, yet! This has the best chance of success probability.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I suggest AGC requests the Siege Artillery in Warsaw to move up to Brest. Brest was a hard nut to crack. Sayso is the Germans had to use gas on the red army there.

Pruitt

Comment

Pruitt, I see the logic of most of your votes, but the question is whether we won't need political clout more, later on. By that I mean both political points, and relations. Each hard decision antagonizes somebody back there in Berlin, and it's difficult to say now how much this might hurt us next month or in three months.
                          So maybe we have to go with less than optimal choices on some non-vital issues.
                          Michele

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            My Panzer group has a loooong way to go, and we might have to storm into the Crimea also, so I thought that some super fuel would be nice. A Panzer Regiment can be fueled with what a Squadron of heavy bombers use for one mission, but so be it.
                            Yes, but the Luftwaffe isn't exactly replete with heavy bombers. Nor are they wasting a lot on, say, bombing Britain right now. They are mounting a nearly total effort in support of our men, and if your Panzergruppe finds the enemy disrupted, unsupplied, and with no air cover that is not entirely due to the proverbial Soviet Untermensch-ness.
                            Michele

Comment

Pruitt, I see the logic of most of your votes, but the question is whether we won't need political clout more, later on. By that I mean both political points, and relations. Each hard decision antagonizes somebody back there in Berlin, and it's difficult to say now how much this might hurt us next month or in three months.
                              So maybe we have to go with less than optimal choices on some non-vital issues.
                              You do have a point. I was going to let the Propaganda team in and assign my chief of staff to make them happy, but the more I read about their demands, the less I want them around my HQ. If one of the other Army Group Commanders feels the need to put up with them, go forth with my blessing!

We will probably have to "compromise" sooner or later, but not this time.

Pruitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X