X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Turn 1 Decisions

Gentlemen, the invasion has begun.

Now, the first news is that I will be switching to a more concise system when it comes to decisions and voting.

First, I will make every decision one large poll, with multiple choices allowed per player. This will allow the players to vote on all decisions, at once, in a way I can easily see.

Beneath the poll I will include the relevant data (screen shots and other news) important for your decision making process.

Because the poll will be open to all, this also means that you may be able to vote in decisions that may not seem your area. This reflects that each of you has my ear to some degree, and perhaps you may be able to convince me of the necessity of favoring your army group with those extra petrol reserves we have scrounged up...

Now, each turn I will create a new thread with the new decisions so it is always easy to see which decisions are being debated, and which are in the past.

However, I think that it will be best if we keep all military orders in the one central game thread, so everything is in one set location - but if that is confusing or you have other suggestions, let me know so I can make sure this is clearer than Soviet mud.

To make uploading and posting easier, I'm going to just post pictures for each and let you use those (and debate) to inform your decisions. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

First off, a summary of last turn's decisions:

Now, the decisions to be made:
    Decision 1 - Austrian Oil Fields

Background Information:

Decision 2 - Theater Fuel Allocations

Background Information:

Due to image limitations, the rest will be on the next post.
    Austrian Oil - Support the initiative - 4pp
    18.42%
    Austrian Oil - Take a neutral stance - 0pp
    2.63%
    Austrian Oil - Oppose the initiative - 0pp
    0.00%
    Theater Allocations - Favor AGN - 2pp
    2.63%
    Theater Allocations - Favor AGC - 6pp
    2.63%
    Theater Allocations - Favor AGS - 5pp
    0.00%
    Theater Allocations - No changes - 0pp
    15.79%
    Air Offensive - Cancel Air Offensive - 12pp
    0.00%
    Air Offensive - Maintain for 4 more days - 8pp
    5.26%
    Air Offensive - Maintain for 8 more days - 4pp
    0.00%
    Air Offensive - Maintain for 12 more days - 0pp
    15.79%
    Security Div AGN - Switch immediately - 6pp
    0.00%
    Security Div AGN - Mop up for a week - 2pp
    5.26%
    Security Div AGN - Mop up for a fortnight - 2pp
    2.63%
    Security Div AGN - Mop up for a month - 0pp
    10.53%
    Security Div AGS - Switch immediately - 9pp
    0.00%
    Security Div AGS - Mop up for a week - 5pp
    5.26%
    Security Div AGS - Mop up for a fortnight - 5pp
    5.26%
    Security Div AGS - Mop up for a month - 0pp
    7.89%

The poll is expired.

Decision 3 - D+2 Air Offensive

Background Information:

Decision 4 - Security Divisions AGN

Background Information:

Decision 5 - Security Divisions AGS

Background Information:

Comment

von Leeb sighs, he hates paperwork...

"Austrian oilfields, railroads,..."

"Amateurs - do they need my opinion on everything, I'm a soldier not a bloody civil engineer..."

"Now this ..Gen Lt. von Roques ??"

"who has ever heard of that one.."

He addresses an ADC without looking at him.

"..fetch the bugger, and bring him here..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_von_Roques

As commander of the rear areas, von Roques carried out a harsh policy against the partisans, Russian population and Jews. In October 1941, von Roques was transferred to the Führerreserve.
      This is NOT what we need right now general , the Balts could prove valuable allies against the Slavs and Jews, please consider that in your future decisions...

A month or a fortnight can't make all that much of a difference - meet me here in in one month and report, just the make sure you mop up the undesirables,

not the useful idiots,

dismissed
      Last edited by Snowygerry; 10 Feb 16, 07:19.
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Hi, I voted even though I have just manifested my interest in the game. I hope that's OK. If not... just ignore my votes...
        Michele

Comment

Your votes make sense -

One thing to consider though is that by insisting on the independence of the military opposite H., we seriously limited our total of political points (pp).

So I'm holding most of my votes back to keep open the option to vote for zero point options to compensate.

@DoD: a final rl deadline for votes is something to consider, so I can assess the total before issuing mine, tnx.
          Last edited by Snowygerry; 10 Feb 16, 06:49.
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            Your votes make sense -

One thing to consider though is that by insisting on the independence of the military opposite H., we seriously limited our total of political points (pp).

So I'm holding most of my votes back to keep open the option to vote for zero point options to compensate.

@DoD: a final rl deadline for votes is something to consider, so I can assess the total before issuing mine, tnx.
            The deadline for the decisions is this weekend - I gave everyone 5 days to vote before the poll closes.

Orders, I would appreciate in by the same deadline - the end of Sunday so that I can do the turn during the week and get the next update posted.

This one is a bit different since nothing has moved between turns, so everything is still exactly where it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
              Hi, I voted even though I have just manifested my interest in the game. I hope that's OK. If not... just ignore my votes...
              Would you care to join in an official manner? Just look at the first thread and see what spots are available, and join up where you want.

ACG and ACS probably need the most help (AGC has 2 Panzergruppe), but feel free to join wherever.

I'm allowing each Army Group to decide their own command and control.

Comment

How can you not be in favor of more oil?
                Yeah, the allocations look okay, South has more allied mech units coming in, but may as well leave it as is.
                Looks like we are unanimous about not needing LW support just yet, thank goodness!
                Not sure I even understand the difference between mopping up and anti-partisan warfare, to me its all the same sort of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  How can you not be in favor of more oil?
                  Yeah, the allocations look okay, South has more allied mech units coming in, but may as well leave it as is.
                  Looks like we are unanimous about not needing LW support just yet, thank goodness!
                  Not sure I even understand the difference between mopping up and anti-partisan warfare, to me its all the same sort of stuff.
                  If we leave them to their task, they will help round up stragglers and keep them from impeding our offensive - we don't need Red Army soldiers shooting at our trucks from behind the lines.

But in the meantime, they won't be solidifying our hold, though at this stage I'm more concerned with the stragglers than any partisans or Soviet offensives at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    The deadline for the decisions is this weekend - I gave everyone 5 days to vote before the poll closes.

Orders, I would appreciate in by the same deadline - the end of Sunday so that I can do the turn during the week and get the next update posted.

This one is a bit different since nothing has moved between turns, so everything is still exactly where it was before.
                    Oh good I thought from a post in the other thread that you were going to start actually moving units last night. I had been waiting to see how the last round of voting went to make my suggestions for on map orders so they were not coordinated with Tsar (2PG) or Ulrich (Field Marshall Bock our boss).

If everything went well for Ulrich medically we can hope to hear from him soon.
                    "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                    Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Widow Maker View Post
                      Oh good I thought from a post in the other thread that you were going to start actually moving units last night. I had been waiting to see how the last round of voting went to make my suggestions for on map orders so they were not coordinated with Tsar (2PG) or Ulrich (Field Marshall Bock our boss).
                      Yeah, there is still plenty of time to get some concrete orders.

Just be sure to let me know that they are the definitive orders when you give them - if there is confusion I'll have to use my own judgement.

If everything went well for Ulrich medically we can hope to hear from him soon.
                      Give him my best!

Comment

Turn 1 Video

As promised!

Comment

The video says it is private.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

How do I sign in to view the video?

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                              The video says it is private.
                              Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              How do I sign in to view the video?

Pruitt

I had to change the setting to fix it. I had thought I had uploaded it on public - that's now fixed, so you should be able to see it. My bad!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X