Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Community Run Wargame (Old)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See post #59!

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

BTW... what's happening up in Finland? I don't remember any mention of it. Is that front included in the overall wargame? Is it automatically happening as per history?
      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
        BTW... what's happening up in Finland? I don't remember any mention of it. Is that front included in the overall wargame? Is it automatically happening as per history?
        Daemon of Decay has decided that at least for the present he will runs them as moderator. Their options are restricted until the fall of Leningrad so there are few relevant decisions to be made for the.
        "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
        Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Widow Maker View Post
          Daemon of Decay has decided that at least for the present he will runs them as moderator. Their options are restricted until the fall of Leningrad so there are few relevant decisions to be made for the.
          Thank you. Makes sense. A pity we don't get to try a harder push towards Murmansk, though. There were German troops doing that, after all.
          Michele

Comment

Sorry guys as I was absent couple days. Will check what`s happening but I believe both of my army commanders know what to do in case if someone is missing couple days

Comment

Well,the vid says we are not doing bad at all, have a look.

DoD; I need to know what our units can and can't do, what their movement and combat ability is. Its too hard to plan a move without knowing how far they can go and what reasonable odds are.

Congrats to AGC, you guys really tore them up!
              But to be historical, you have to get Minsk by day ten :P
              Last edited by The Exorcist; 17 Feb 16, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Well,the vid says we are not doing bad at all, have a look.

DoD; I need to know what our units can and can't do, what their movement and combat ability is. Its too hard to plan a move without knowing how far they can go and what reasonable odds are.

Congrats to AGC, you guys really tore them up!
                But to be historical, you have to get Minsk by day ten :P
                The one downside is that since they can move multiple times (hopefully) the attacks will need some wiggle room in the planning stage.

Best thing to do is to give some lose directions - goals you want to hit, units you want to try and surround/attack, etc. - along with anything else, so I can respond to the situation.

Think of these orders like you are dispatching them to your subordinates.

Now, when it comes to attacking, I prefer overkill - I like to smash fewer units with overwhelming firepower than to risk spreading myself out on more attacks.

In general, you'll need at least a 2 to 1 advantage at this stage to win a fight. The required number goes up as the turn goes on (units get less capable the more AP they spend in a turn), and depends on other factors like terrain, etc., but on average if you have 2-3 divisions for every one of theirs, you'll force them to retreat.

This part will apply to everyone else, so I'm highlighting it as well:

If you need any specific intel, send me a PM and I can give you field reports on the relevant data withing your sector.

Comment

I have set up a group for AGC called (originally enough) AGC. We can use it to discuss plans, tactics or whatever.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    Best thing to do is to give some lose directions - goals you want to hit, units you want to try and surround/attack, etc. - along with anything else, so I can respond to the situation.
                    Yup, I will have to make it non-specific from now on. That adds to your work but makes mine much simpler.

6th Army did great, I can use them to help 1st Panzer... but I have 2 quick questions I want to ask here because I think everyone is going to want to know this stuff-

Can my Mech Divs R&R this turn and get the full benefit from doing so?

Can Luftwaffe support be applied to defensive battles? I think we are going to get smacked, real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Yup, I will have to make it non-specific from now on. That adds to your work but makes mine much simpler.

6th Army did great, I can use them to help 1st Panzer... but I have 2 quick questions I want to ask here because I think everyone is going to want to know this stuff-

Can my Mech Divs R&R this turn and get the full benefit from doing so?

Can Luftwaffe support be applied to defensive battles? I think we are going to get smacked, real soon.
                      good questions
                      "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                      Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                        I have set up a group for AGC called (originally enough) AGC. We can use it to discuss plans, tactics or whatever.
                        Let me know where this is and I can talk to you as well.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                          Hmm, nothing is found when typed such group name in Social groups.

Comment

Go to Tsar's Personal Page and you will find it in his social groups. I found it.

Pruitt

Comment

Weekend Update

I have to travel this weekend to see my father, so orders are pushed back till early next week. I won't have access to the game files till Sunday at the earliest, so any questions you have that require them I'll have to get to then.

Hope that's not too much a problem for y'all!

Comment

Not at all - I at least could do with the extra time
                                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X