Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa - Community Run Wargame (Old)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    I put you down for Heeresgruppe Sud then.
    RIght, but I'm the underling. Pruitt gave me 1st Panzer Gruppe, which would have been my 1st pick in any event

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
      I’ve always wanted to be Guderian so let me be PG2.
      Then I'll confine my recommendations to Hoth, PG3 and general AGC matter

Of course Ulrich has final say on all this. I'm just recommending or maybe voting withTsar but Ulrich has 10 votes in AGC matters as far as I'm concerned.
      "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
      Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Pruitt will be making Army Group South decisions with input from the Exorcist. Until we get some more players, it looks like I will be ordering the Infantry Armies around while the Ex handles Panzer Group One.
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I wish to be in command of horse supplies and horse warming centers.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

That is a lot of horses! Most of the Infantry are still using horse teams and we have a bunch of Cavalry!

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              I wish to be in command of horse supplies and horse warming centers.
              General der Pferdheizer Salinator.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                Pruitt will be making Army Group South decisions with input from the Exorcist. Until we get some more players, it looks like I will be ordering the Infantry Armies around while the Ex handles Panzer Group One.
                As my C.O. you can reassign me, and I am wondering if we should lead with infantry in the first few turns. Keeping the foot-sloggers moving east is the real key to winning this. If ew really have to take Savastopol and Odessa, I might have to do it myself, and that taked me a long way from Kharkov.

Comment

What I am hoping for is to blow a big hole in the Red Army Defenses in front of us using PG One, 6th Army and 17th Army. The left shoulder of our advance will be 6th Army and PG One. The 17th will be the center of our advance and 11th Army and the Romanians will take Odessa and Sevastapol. We can use 17th Army to flank the Red Army troops in front of Romania. I am hoping we can move the Hungarians and Italians around. I still don't know how to use 22nd ID in Romania. Historically it was used as Regular Infantry and friction eroded all the highly skilled Airlanding troops. To use it we would need a target airfield and transports to move them.

I doubt that we will get the transports, but I am crossing my fingers! We need to ride herd on our men and treat the Ukrainians well. We need the food and the potential labor. I would love to pad our Railway Construction Battalions with Ukrainians. Ukrainians can do the easy stuff like moving the rails in while the Germans can start building more stations and depots.

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    What I am hoping for is to blow a big hole in the Red Army Defenses in front of us using PG One, 6th Army and 17th Army. The left shoulder of our advance will be 6th Army and PG One. The 17th will be the center of our advance and 11th Army and the Romanians will take Odessa and Sevastapol. We can use 17th Army to flank the Red Army troops in front of Romania. I am hoping we can move the Hungarians and Italians around. I still don't know how to use 22nd ID in Romania. Historically it was used as Regular Infantry and friction eroded all the highly skilled Airlanding troops. To use it we would need a target airfield and transports to move them.

I doubt that we will get the transports, but I am crossing my fingers! We need to ride herd on our men and treat the Ukrainians well. We need the food and the potential labor. I would love to pad our Railway Construction Battalions with Ukrainians. Ukrainians can do the easy stuff like moving the rails in while the Germans can start building more stations and depots.

Pruitt
                    The good news is that the Red Army is in complete disarray. We should be able to break through them and inflict staggering losses easily in the first weeks. As time goes on they will reorganize themselves, but be aggressive early - especially when it comes to securing supply depots.

Logistics are the key to success.

Comment

If there are any slots still available, I'd be interested, generally speaking.

In particular, if any choice is still open, I'd prefer either the North (I wargamed this a couple of times and I know my whereabouts) or the South (I have a soft spot for the Romanians there, but other commands would also be OK).

What would the order turnaround timeframe be?
                      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                        If there are any slots still available, I'd be interested, generally speaking.

In particular, if any choice is still open, I'd prefer either the North (I wargamed this a couple of times and I know my whereabouts) or the South (I have a soft spot for the Romanians there, but other commands would also be OK).

What would the order turnaround timeframe be ?
                        Experienced officer are always welcome in ACG North.

The most glamorous position of Lt-Commander of the AG and commander of the Panzergruppe has been given to General Gman though,

18. and 16. Army are available - as are more generic staff positions.

Perhaps better career opportunities are available in the south, the choice is yours

von Leeb.

Edit: turnaround is several updates per week now, but experience tells me it may slow down depending on rl events, still with three of us in the Army group - one at least should always be around to issue orders when others are not.

One advantage to AGN is you and me are in the same time zone, which makes communication easier.
                        Last edited by Snowygerry; 10 Feb 16, 04:35.
                        Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

We have 3rd and 4th Romanian Armies available. Their start might not be the first turn. Be aware that five Romanian Divisions are fighting with 11th Army. We will be sending 11th Army after Kishinev as soon as we can move.

Comment

Guys,

Daemon of Decay welcomed me in the game and allowed me to choose which HG to join. I'd like to join HGN. I report for duty in Königsberg. I'd like to command the 16. Armee.
                            I wait for your directions, Snowygerry.
                            Michele

Comment

PM sent. (before reading this post btw. - your input is even more important now as you will see.)

Welcome to AGN General.
                              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Important indeed! My (mostly honorary) post might be better suited to Michele? I'm ok to transfer to another unit if it will be better for the war effort.
                                "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X