Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Distant Plain Solitaire - but feel free to help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Distant Plain Solitaire - but feel free to help.

I am going to start up a slow solitaire game of A Distant Plain. It's an excellent game put out by GMT. It can be played by 1 to 4 players. Even though I am playing solitaire folks are welcome to chime in with questions or advice. Jump on in kids. It's a great game.

The situation is 2005 Afghanistan. I am playing the Coalition. I need to gain support for the Afghani government and then get my troops and bases out.

Circles are bases.
    Blocks are troops.
    Tan is Coalition.
    Black is Taliban.
    Green is Warlords.
    Dark Blue are Afghani troops.
    Light Blue are Afghani police.

My first option is to drop Seal Team six in Pakistan or do something else. Seal Team Six would cause minor Taliban casualties and hurt their resources quite a bit. I am inclined to use the team. Jump on in if you want to give advice.

Comment

Looks good, detailed yet streamlined -

can't offer much in the way advice, although going after their support base in P. seems like a sound strategic move.
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
        Looks good, detailed yet streamlined -

can't offer much in the way advice, although going after their support base in P. seems like a sound strategic move.
        It's a fiddly game. When you do something it can often affect the other players, sometimes hurting one while helping another. The Coalition needs to avoid giving the Afghan government a win by accident.

Comment

Seal Team Six drops into Waziristan. They kill a Taliban leader and reduce Taliban supply by a good 60%.

Comment

• The Afghan government sets up a base in Khowst.
            • The government Trains troops and police in Kabul.
            • The government then transports troops from Kabul to Balkh and takes control of that province.

Comment

The Taliban is recruiting willing martyrs, aka suicide bombers.

Comment

When you say "solitaire" does that mean you make decisions for all sides - or is it some sort of scenario ?

The government then transports troops from Kabul to Balkh and takes control of that province.
                ...which borders Turkmenistan and Tajikistan and closes off Uzbekistan, with the US interfering in Pakistan, foreign support will now be harder to come by -

or do some in the Afghan government have their own cross border operations in mind
                Last edited by Snowygerry; 04 Feb 16, 04:01.
                Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                  When you say "solitaire" does that mean you make decisions for all sides - or is it some sort of scenario ?
                  In a solitaire game the player chooses either Coalition or Taliban. I chose Coalition. The other three factions are controlled by a programmed AI. It's basically a flowchart of 'if - then' statements.

...which borders Turkmenistan and Tajikistan and closes off Uzbekistan, with the US interfering in Pakistan, foreign support will now be harder to come by -

or do some in the Afghan government have their own cross border operations in mind
                  Normally only the Taliban can operate in Pakistan. Seal Team Six is covert so no political effect. There is a sliding scale for Islamabad's posture towards the Taliban. Currently it is set at support. The Taliban can rally and move to/from Pakistan at no cost.

Comment

• The Warlords use large amounts of their resources to recruit guerillas in NE Afghanistan. The COIN Factions lose control of Konduz.
                    • They then cultivate more fields in Balkh, which causes the COIN factions to lose control of Balkh as well.

Last edited by Duncan; 06 Mar 16, 14:29.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X