Interest Thread: The Battle for Hutt Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Thread: The Battle for Hutt Space

I'm considering a Star Wars game after I return from vacation in about 2 weeks. I would like to gauge interest for the game before I put even more time into it.

The setting is Hutt Space around two years after the Battle of Endor. The Hutts have grown tired of Imperial domination and have decided to oust the remaining Imperials from their garrisons, bases, and manufactories. They have decided to hire mercenaries to enlarge their own forces in this fight against the Imperials. War will rage to conquer shipyards, free slaves, or destroy equipment manufactories. The breakup of the Empire has weakened Imperial forces in this area, but star destroyers remain some of the best warships in the galaxy. Will the Hutts and their mercenaries prevail and kick the Imperials out of Hutt Space? Or will the Imperials strengthen their control of Hutt Space?

The game will be including space and ground combat. Many worlds will have shield generators, so if you wish to conquer planets ground troops will be required. I will need players as both mercenaries and possibly one or two players to control the Imperial forces in the area. Mercenaries can choose from a huge variety of ships, troops, and equipment. The older the equipment, the larger it can be. Salvaged and repaired Clone War Era ships, Imperial, or Rebel designs are all available. A few players could even choose fully droid armies or fully crewed droid ships from the Separatists. I'm willing to be very flexible when it comes to getting your starting force in order.

Anyone who is interested please post with what role you would like and then pm me. We can get started on OOBs sometime soon.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Here is a decent map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ord Mantell

The cantina is lively, with the band playing and a number of smugglers and bounty hunters having conversations in the alcove booths while other patrons dance or drink at the bar. Something to be said for a club on this backwater world. Diric and the other patrons totally missed them walk in, but no band could drown out the sound of shattering glass and breaking tables. Diric recoils into an alcove just as an apparent bounty hunter is thrown into the middle of the cantina, bouncing off of a barstool as he scrambles for balance.

"No Blasters" the barkeep pleads as the bounty hunter goes to draw his pistol, only to scream as his forearm is severed in a blur of motion. Diric watches as two figures in matte black armor with silver and blue highlights appear in the dim light of the bar, their helmets giving them a sinister look in the lingering smoke. "So, you're the sucker that took potshots at my people last week?" Diric hears as a third man appears between the armored figures. Dressed in equally severe clothing, nevertheless Diric can clearly see grey hair and beard and a weathered visage, along with the piercing red glow of an artificial eye.

"It was just business, nothing personal" the bounty hunter pleads as the man walks up to him, the thump of armored boots loud on the dance floor. "Just business. Yes, I know, the money was just too good for you to pass up." He says. "Exactly." The bounty hunter replies. "Two Million credits is worth a try. But I'll leave you alone, no need to take things personal-like". The bounty hunter says, clutching at his bleeding stump.

"Oh you'll leave me alone all right. This new generation of kids, all about the money, with no sense of decency. Sniper rifle, and then you dared to put a thermal detonator in your hide to incinerate anyone that came looking for you." The man reaches down and grabs the bounty hunter by his throat, lifting him up as he stoops down to look him face to face. "There's a reason the Empire has two million credits on my head. It's the same reason I can walk in here and not worry about getting stabbed in the back. And you're going to remind everyone." The bounty hunter's scream gurgles as it's cut off in a soft whir of moving metal. He falls to the ground with his head at an odd angle, as the man wipes off his mechanical hand with a bar towel. Tossing the barkeep a credit chit, the three leave without another word.

"Two Million Credits" Diric breathes, idly fingering the grip of his blaster. "Don't bother kid. You'd never spend it." he hears, and spins to see another man sitting at the booth. "Who was he?" Diric asks. "Someone else that doesn't like their name being said out loud." the man responds, taking a sip of his drink, his face puckered and scarred from old acid burns. "Well whoever he is, that's the kind of bounty dreams are made of" Diric says, almost wistfully. "Kid, Take one piece of advice. Don't try for a bounty that has bodyguards like those."

With that the man sets his drink down and stands. As he turns to leave the booth Diric sees him put on a battered green helm, and notices the backpack and cut down blaster rifle at his side. Diric's eyes widen as the man leaves the alcove without another word, walking out of the cantina. "That's why those helmets were familiar" he thinks aloud.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Sounds good. Not too familiar, though.
        "We have no white flag."

Comment

It's vanilla Star Wars. Of all the Sci-Fi setups out there it's probably the easiest to understand, and has a lot of possibilities. I don't claim total mastery, but I am a bit of an expert on SW stuff, so it's no problem for me to help set you up with whatever sort of group you'd like to have.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Hmm I'm thinking of a character who's partly on life support encased in armor, a right hand Bobba Fett type man, with a ship or two that are fast, very strong shielding and ECM with programmable transponder and powerful decapitating weapons (to "freeze" their target), and with a Droid or human troop specializing in breaching and taking ships. Mercenary, and when the pickings are lean sometime pirate.
            "We have no white flag."

Comment

Tell me how this looks GMan.

http://galactic-voyage.com/Old%20Rep...%20Frigate.htm
              Last edited by Delenda estRoma; 29 Oct 15, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                Wow battle Droids. 150,000.

Sounds good! Can I have the more powerful shield and stealth mods?
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

It's a capital ship, but you can have a few stealth mods sure. Stronger shields won't be a problem either.

Yes you have alot of battle droids and droid operated armored vehicles. Remember that these are older models from the Clone Wars. More modern living troops will have a quality advantage, but you'll have overwhelmingly larger numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                    It's a capital ship, but you can have a few stealth mods sure. Stronger shields won't be a problem either.

Yes you have alot of battle droids and droid operated armored vehicles. Remember that these are older models from the Clone Wars. More modern living troops will have a quality advantage, but you'll have overwhelmingly larger numbers.
                    Hmm I can replace them as I lose them, I guess. Does this ship have boarding shuttles already?
                    Last edited by GMan88; 30 Oct 15, 02:12.
                    "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                      Hmm I can replace them as I lose them, I guess. Does this ship have boarding shuttles already?
                      A Hutt does actually have a large droid factory in Hutt Space, so yes it is possible to replace lost droids for the right price.

No boarding shuttles. A few transports for your troops though.

Comment

Can I get some boarding shuttles? Lessen my droids?
                        "We have no white flag."

Comment

You can get 25 Droch Class Boarding Shuttles, but that will bring your droid count down to 100,000.

Comment

OK! Of course, I don't know how good (or bad) my droids are... it's not like the movies where dozens die like flies, are they?
                            "We have no white flag."

Comment

No jedi will be involved in this game, but yes these are those droids. You'll have commando droids aboard your Droch Boarding Shuttles which will be extremely high quality. However, your 100,000 regular troops will be low quality.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X